CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #1,036 of 3,770
Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #1,037 of 3,770
Here you go...

16 Core 2 pin Replacement Cable, Better Upgrade Silver Plated Cable Replacement Earbuds Exchange Cable for KZ ES4 ZSR ZSA ED16 ZST ZS5 ZS6 ZS10 ES3 TFZ TRN V20 V10 Earphones (2 Pin 3.5mm). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FSPFD8R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Y5JjDbW59HYAH

I was using it on C16 and decided to try it out..
That's interesting, how did you get it to fit? The C16 has a male connector, and the A10 has a female connector. I looked up your cable, it looks great, but there doesn't seem to be a " type C" option.

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #1,038 of 3,770
I just plug the two pins in!
11E02C44-E900-4697-966F-BE2F340EE645.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #1,039 of 3,770
Jul 11, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #1,041 of 3,770
I also agree...its in a unique tuning for me at least. The first time I've heard this sound type.
It sounds very expensive, totl type sound to me.
The 64 U4SE's I had couldn't get near the sound I've been getting since the CCA line was unveiled to me via the C10!

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #1,042 of 3,770
I also agree...its in a unique tuning for me at least. The first time I've heard this sound type.
It sounds very expensive, totl type sound to me.
The 64 U4SE's I had couldn't get near the sound I've been getting since the CCA line was unveiled to me via the C10!
I switched to a hybrid silver/copper cable and listened to this on the A10: Wow!

Jul 13, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #1,043 of 3,770
If I like the sound of the kz ZS10Pro the most and then the tin hifi t3 followed by the kz zs7, will i like the cca c16

Jul 13, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,044 of 3,770
I’d say most likely you would but personal listening is awfully hard to predict. I like it and have all those but zs7, but you might not for whatever reason.

Jul 14, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #1,046 of 3,770
What eartips is everyone using with these especially the c16's? I lost the ones cca sent with these.
I am using JVC Spiral Dots, M size. The C16's nozzles are quite long so I went down a size. The wide bore helps with the bass and soundstage. I have also had good results with the Spinfit-like tips which came with the KBEAR Opal. The supplied tips with the C16 are basically Starlines so if you have other CCA or KZ models you can use those.

Jul 14, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #1,047 of 3,770
Balanced sounds better because it has better channel separation (less crosstalk), than single end, on most DAPs. It's not about the power. Greater channel separation means better stereo imaging, as well as better (accurate) sound stage. There is a russian site called "https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro", that has very detailed measurements of different DAPs (some are still missing, like Hiby's DAPs, but I hope they will expand).

For the Fiio X7 MarkII, here are the measurements for the unbalanced output (which is kinda bad):

Link

- - -

and here are the measurements of the balanced output (which are not the best compared to some other DAPs, but still decent, especially compared to the single end):

Link

- - -

The ideal channel separation (just like the noise floor - SNR) for CD quality (16/44.1) would be at least ~95,6 dB (the higher the number, the better). The threshold at which sound turns into mono (or completely washed out, in terms of imaging and soundstage) is at 40dB, and everything below is... well... pretty much mono crap. You can also see, that crosstalk is different (especially for the single end output) for IEMs with different impedances (lower impedance means more crosstalk, which is kinda strange, but... it is what it is, probably because of the internal impedance of the DAP, as well as some other factors)

This is more of a tip for those that are looking to buy a DAP (or taking the best out of their existing DAPs), but still I think it's important to note. It's not about power, it's about probably the most important SQ feature - stereo imaging. As I've said in the past, most DAPs are only worth it for their balanced output, because even some phones beat their single-ends, which is kinda sad.
I guess all vinyl records are recorded in 'mono crap', even when they say 'stereo'.
tenor.gif

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #1,049 of 3,770
If I like the sound of the kz ZS10Pro the most and then the tin hifi t3 followed by the kz zs7, will i like the cca c16
The C16 has a neutral, somewhat analytical sound with superb detail and resolution. The BA bass is firm and well extended but does not have the impact of a DD bass like the ZS7. It is similar to the CCA A10 which has the same kind of profile at a lower price. The two CCA models are brighter than the Tin T3 which has a more balanced sound profile.

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #1,050 of 3,770
The C16 has a neutral, somewhat analytical sound with superb detail and resolution. The BA bass is firm and well extended but does not have the impact of a DD bass like the ZS7. It is similar to the CCA A10 which has the same kind of profile at a lower price. The two CCA models are brighter than the Tin T3 which has a more balanced sound profile.
Oh very nice answer then I will skip it. Since I like my bass and T3 where already bright enough for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back