CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 31, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #811 of 3,770
Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to remove the deposits. It’s like cars during the winter in areas where they salt the roads. It’s the dried salt that sticks to the car that continues to cause corrosion, long after the moisture is gone.

Off-topic but... Call me crazy but I miss that kind of weather. Also I swear the blasted tree pollen out here sticks to windshields better than winter road crud ever did in Cinci or where I went to college in upstate NY... <-<

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #812 of 3,770
How are you liking the CCA CA4? There’s a deal right now on Amazon. $18 for the Blue with a 10% coupon. My finger is getting twitchy.

I have a few pairs of more expensive inear and have been going to these on a daily basis just now, total value for money .. think I paid £11 for them

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #813 of 3,770
Drying your IEMs out is awesome, and you’re doing better than 98% of people. It will extend the life.

However, drying them won’t remove the salt and mineral deposits that are left behind from the evaporated sweat. That’s more corrosive than the moisture itself.

Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to remove the deposits. It’s like cars during the winter in areas where they salt the roads. It’s the dried salt that sticks to the car that continues to cause corrosion, long after the moisture is gone.

That’s why I just avoid the problem altogether and don’t work out with my nice BA stuff. A cheap $10 hybrid KZ like the ZS4, ZST, ZSN? Sure, what do I care. A cheap dynamic? Even better. $300 IEM? I’ll save that for listening at home on the couch after my workout.

My philosophy towards how I use/abuse my gear is the same. I generally use a pair of JVC Marshmallow or Sony EX35 at the gym........the latter being my source for the 15 sets of Sony Hybrids tips I use on most iems. Maybe a KZ ES4 but those tend to pop out easily. I extend my precautions at home also. All the budget Chi Fi is to preserve the more $$$ iems and full size headphones. I would never fall asleep with my DM6 or DMG even. And sweating all over my Focal Elear or any of my Sennheiser velour pads mortifies me. So Summer time is usually exclusively iem use save for the rare day thats cool and not humid.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #814 of 3,770
I have the Auvio, and they are good on the C10. I also have the JVC Spiral Dots, which are also good, in a slightly different way. Then I got curious and ordered the RHA Dual Density, Spinfit CP100, Acoustune AET08a and AET07a, Final Audio E Types, and Ostry OS100/OS200/OS300. The RHA Dual Density are too narrow to fit the C10. I just got the Spinfits, haven't had a chance to try them yet. The others will be taking some time to reach me since they are shipping from overseas.
I hope that the ear-tips has arrived... :wink: What's the difference between the new AET07a and the previous version of AET07? I haven't found anything on Acoustune web... Thanks

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #815 of 3,770
I only use cheap iem or Koss KSC75 with headband in the gym.

Drying your IEMs out is awesome, and you’re doing better than 98% of people. It will extend the life.

However, drying them won’t remove the salt and mineral deposits that are left behind from the evaporated sweat. That’s more corrosive than the moisture itself.

That’s why I just avoid the problem altogether and don’t work out with my nice BA stuff. A cheap $10 hybrid KZ like the ZS4, ZST, ZSN? Sure, what do I care. A cheap dynamic? Even better. $300 IEM? I’ll save that for listening at home on the couch after my workout.

Jun 1, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #816 of 3,770
Actually at this point I am feeling that the reconnect qt2 is a capable performer with a cable change Vs the CCA c10
And the QT5 is even better with its own stock cable!

Jun 1, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #817 of 3,770
how is the fit for it? saw the taobao page and the recommended fit style looks weird. The form factor is why I haven't gotten any Ety stuff yet, not sure if I'll like the depth insertion. This one looks more shallow than the usual triple-flange etys.

O1CN01IK0BxR1PYiOK26r1U_!!1663411853.jpg
Haha!...keeping the earphones uplifted with the packaged shirt clip, I'll personally vouch for the right. :blush:

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #818 of 3,770
Did CCA C20 come out yet?

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #819 of 3,770
Did CCA C20 come out yet?
Is that actually a real model? The newest model I've seen is the CCA A10 which is on AliExpress for $67 and eBay for $50. According to AliExpress they won't ship for 7 days.

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #820 of 3,770
Is that actually a real model? The newest model I've seen is the CCA A10 which is on AliExpress for $67 and eBay for $50. According to AliExpress they won't ship for 7 days.

Yes, C20 is real.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cca-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.900149/page-5#post-14810022

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cca-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.900149/page-24#post-14856014

There’s also a teaser photo floating around, but the photo is really dark so you can’t make out much.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #822 of 3,770
I have the feeling when C20 comes out I’ll get rid of C16...ugh

Jun 2, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #823 of 3,770
Jun 2, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #824 of 3,770
Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #825 of 3,770
There's a review on Amazon for a Tripowin TP10 iem which looks like another KZ sister company. They sell for $70. The reviewer got a free pair in exchange for a review. He didn't seem to like them much but even admits he's not that into audio. Not sure how he even got the review sample.

https://www.amazon.com/Linsoul-Trip...ords=Linsoul&qid=1559471053&s=gateway&sr=8-17
Mine is arriving tomorrow, but I don't expect to have my review ready for a few weeks. I'm working on my Smabat ST-10 review atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back