CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #841 of 3,770
1. Cable or tip-rolling for new IEM
2. Read Head-fi thread touting the perfect cable or tip pairing
3. Visit AliExpress and purchase
4. Read about 7 new IEMs, two of which you order
5. More threads about cables, you add 4 to your Ali cart.
*weeks later*
6. One of the IEMs from #4 arrives
7. Start tip-rolling for new IEM
*another week*
8. Cable from #2 arrives, with no memory which it was for, throw in drawer
9. Newest IEM doesn’t sound perfect, return to Step 1

C'mon with #4 ... you know you order more than 2 out of 7 :)

Jun 3, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #843 of 3,770
To my ears,

Once you have the AS10 and ZS10 Pro, the C10 will relegated to its box.
The Pro is simply better in all departments and the AS10 isn't far behind either.
The C10 is not bad, but just not as good. I'm thinking of giving them to my sister.

I haven’t found that be the case yet. I have the AS10 and when listening to a few remastered Metal albums I found the C10 to be more enjoyable. Was there more detail with the C10? Not sure since I was only looking for overall presentation. For those tests I’ll grab some well recorded tracks with Simon Philips on drums. A well recorded drum set will reveal a sets weakness and strengths.

Many times when someone says that one set is better than another I might find that they’re simply tuned different. Now the original ZS10 I got rid of those QUICKLY after comparing them to the AS10. Even though they do things in a different manner I didn’t like the way voices were presented on the ZS10.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #845 of 3,770
I haven’t found that be the case yet. I have the AS10 and when listening to a few remastered Metal albums I found the C10 to be more enjoyable. Was there more detail with the C10? Not sure since I was only looking for overall presentation. For those tests I’ll grab some well recorded tracks with Simon Philips on drums. A well recorded drum set will reveal a sets weakness and strengths.

Many times when someone says that one set is better than another I might find that they’re simply tuned different. Now the original ZS10 I got rid of those QUICKLY after comparing the, to the AS10 even though they do things in a different manner I didn’t like the way voices were presented on the ZS10.

If you are into metal I can see why the C10 is a preferred option and you'll enjoy ZS10 Pro. My tastes are a little reserved
The original ZS10 vocals can be a little off to say the least, at times the vocals sound like they are coming out of a cupboard behind you.

Jun 3, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #847 of 3,770
If you are into metal I can see why the C10 is a preferred option and you'll enjoy ZS10 Pro. My tastes are a little reserved
The original ZS10 vocals can be a little off to say the least, at times the vocals sound like they are coming out of a cupboard behind you.

I couldn't exactly place what I didn't like about the original ZS10 vocals but you nailed it. I simply did not feel they were anywhere as good as the AS10 and also they were so large they didn't stay in my ears anyway so even if I DID like the tuning I couldn't have kept them.

And yes the ZS10 PRO is better than the C10 with albums that aren't mastered very well or with older recordings where you might want a bit more zing in the treble. With modern recordings where everything's in your face and both well mastered the C10 and ZS10 PRO simply give a slightly different tuning.

After hours of constant play time I find the CCA CA4 is no slouch. I was expecting it to be a sloppy version of the ZSN PRO with it's massive bass. But it held up fine with the tracks I played. If it's a good match straight out of my smartphone I might get another pair for the gym.

Jun 3, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #848 of 3,770
I guess the A10 might be a closer match, but my point is; is it really a total knock-off from either the CCA brand or KZ brand on the inner drivers as well when compared to the Tripowin's?
The C10 and the TP10 are definitely different:
CCA-C10 vs Tripowin TP10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back