CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 12, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #1,606 of 3,770
Can you post a photo of the tip? It sounds interesting!
I see some vendors are including foam tips
1591971224920.png
1591971241693.png

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #1,607 of 3,770
Can you post a photo of the tip? It sounds interesting!
20200612_221950~2.jpg

They are coming with the same tips as KZ Z1, they are a TWS eartips so closer to nozzle end or deeper placement / shorter low end, as you can see the nozzle neck is shorter. Its very soft and a bit thin. Not a fan of these new tips. I use sedna short on my KZ Z1 and luckily still fit within the charging case.

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #1,608 of 3,770
Dynamic ears is right but here are my pictures and how they compare to the normal starline tips. The ones I have are like the lower ones from his picture. Both are "medium" tips.

IMG_20200612_171415.jpg

IMG_20200612_171433.jpg

Size comparison compared to the Audiosense T800

IMG_20200612_171523.jpg

IMG_20200612_171539.jpg

As an early buyer the default gift pack is a CCA / KZ silver upgrade cable and a pair of foam tips but as I already have that cable they included the below instead as an alternative. Gift pack includes a wire clip,storage case,ear hooks,memory foam tips so I have two pairs of memory foam tips included but as you can see they are separate.

IMG_20200612_171717.jpg

IMG_20200612_171814.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #1,609 of 3,770
can you please post links to the cables used (the non-stock ones) - pretty curious what the specs of those are since they seem to have such a noticeable effect

Thanks for the impressions
can you please confirm your are comparing these cable in a blind test to avoid unconscious psychological bias of self persuasion effect (the influence of extrinsic cues (size, color, price, material used etc...) truly change the perception ), thanks

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #1,611 of 3,770
Hi guys first post here, I've got lot's of great informative info from reading the posts here so thanks!
I just picked up the CCA C12 - my first chi fi in ear monitor -First impressions, they are much smaller than I imagined, which is great, some listening sessions they sound well balanced, other times there seems to be quite a noticeable peak in the upper treble. I like bright and detailed and they are most definitely that, I'm wondering if too much for longer listening sessions. I've tried really getting the silicone tips deeper into my ear and the high end seems less piercing as a result and the low end more enhanced.
I've searched all over here and google and can't find the measurement for the nozzle size to order foam tips for them? No one seems to mention it but I'm sure plenty here have swapped theirs out as I see all the snazzy customisation photos here :) What size do you need for CCA C12?
I really love foam tips for comfort but also isolation, what are the closest to the Shure medium foam tips that work with C12's? Those are my favourite I've tried! I noticed the Shure's tips I'm using also have a wax gaurd, if there's a foam tip with this too? I'm not too worried about loosing high end detail as the CC12 has that in spades, I tend to use my in ears for hours at a time so fatigue is a biggy for me moreso than clarity - I'm wondering if foam tips might help tame the highs and increase the bass response to make them a little smoother so it might be a win win for my use.

Jun 14, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #1,613 of 3,770
Hi guys first post here, I've got lot's of great informative info from reading the posts here so thanks!
I just picked up the CCA C12 - my first chi fi in ear monitor -First impressions, they are much smaller than I imagined, which is great, some listening sessions they sound well balanced, other times there seems to be quite a noticeable peak in the upper treble. I like bright and detailed and they are most definitely that, I'm wondering if too much for longer listening sessions. I've tried really getting the silicone tips deeper into my ear and the high end seems less piercing as a result and the low end more enhanced.
I've searched all over here and google and can't find the measurement for the nozzle size to order foam tips for them? No one seems to mention it but I'm sure plenty here have swapped theirs out as I see all the snazzy customisation photos here :) What size do you need for CCA C12?
I really love foam tips for comfort but also isolation, what are the closest to the Shure medium foam tips that work with C12's? Those are my favourite I've tried! I noticed the Shure's tips I'm using also have a wax gaurd, if there's a foam tip with this too? I'm not too worried about loosing high end detail as the CC12 has that in spades, I tend to use my in ears for hours at a time so fatigue is a biggy for me moreso than clarity - I'm wondering if foam tips might help tame the highs and increase the bass response to make them a little smoother so it might be a win win for my use.
welcome bro, hold your first like too :)

if u r concerned about fatiguing sound, i would recommend getting dynamic driver IEM, u might prefer over the analytical nature of BAs

also if u r confused about headphone specs, transducer tech, cables, etc., rest assured, this is only the beginning :smiling_imp:

Jun 14, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #1,614 of 3,770
welcome bro, hold your first like too :)

if u r concerned about fatiguing sound, i would recommend getting dynamic driver IEM, u might prefer over the analytical nature of BAs

also if u r confused about headphone specs, transducer tech, cables, etc., rest assured, this is only the beginning :smiling_imp:

Thanks Flowlikewater! - Which DD in ear do you recommend that has great isolation+comfort? I'm on the fence about sending them back, I just saw the ca16's but apparently the fit isn't as good..... I use them for hours drumming so comfort is really important to me.. Part of me says save for the shure 846's as I just love the Shure fit!
Still confused about foam ear tip size to order for CCA 12? Sometimes I really like them, I'm wondering if some foam tips will help tmae the high end as well as comfort.

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #1,615 of 3,770
Thanks Flowlikewater! - Which DD in ear do you recommend that has great isolation+comfort? I'm on the fence about sending them back, I just saw the ca16's but apparently the fit isn't as good..... I use them for hours drumming so comfort is really important to me.. Part of me says save for the shure 846's as I just love the Shure fit!
Still confused about foam ear tip size to order for CCA 12? Sometimes I really like them, I'm wondering if some foam tips will help tmae the high end as well as comfort.

i’d definitely recommend ER2XRs as entry level, very tough to beat and will give u a taste of what reference means at a reasonable price

wish i culd help u with the CcA size, but sadly i do not own these :frowning2:

above that, the Shure SE846s are about average for the price, but i'd recommend the Sony IER-M9 as possibly best IEM sub-$1000, and a heavy hitter in the sub $2K range (check out @crinacle , @aminus , and @CoryGillmore 's threads and rankings for comparisons wi th this IEM

hope this helps man :)

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #1,616 of 3,770
I really like the se846 as a stage monitor for drums. Nothing else I’ve tried has been better for me. I use the triple flange tips, and the isolation is superb. As much as I like it, you don’t NEED it to have a great drum monitor. Comply makes foam tips, such as these: https://www.amazon.com/Comply-SmartCore-SweatGuard-Earphones-Lifestyle/dp/B07W59KM6M, that have a wax guard, and fit a variety of nozzle sizes. You could try them for your C12.

If you’re ever in the market for a different drum monitor, I’ll just let you know my preferences, just FYI. My current back-up monitor is one my Etymotic IEMs. They provide equally superb isolation (as the se846 with triple flange tips), and are tuned very well for a monitor, w/o bright treble. They also use triple flange tips, and if you can get used to them w/o discomfort, they are quite amazing, especially for the price. My third favorite IEM for drumming is the ThieAudio Legacy 3 (which are also my favorite sounding IEM overall ATM). They are a hybrid, with a dynamic driver, yet they can provide excellent isolation. They also have a great tuning, conducive to use as a stage monitor. I was able to achieve a reasonably close level of isolation to the triple flange IEMs, with cheap, generic foam tips. Specifically these: https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Eartips-RIYO-Earphone-Headphones/dp/B071NJQ6J3.

I personally now avoid IEMs marketed as ideal for drummers, bassists, DJs. They are bass heavy, and that is not what I find myself needing, I can hear my bass drum plenty loud enough acoustically, even with all of the isolation. I much prefer more dominant mids, to hear the vocals, guitars, and keyboard well. I don’t find that I need really boosted bass to hear the bassist well, but YMMV.

Jun 15, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #1,618 of 3,770
not sure if this work but you can have a try, it's free and non destructive mod : https://www.audioreviews.org/how-to-remove-treble-peaks/

Jun 15, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #1,620 of 3,770
Hi, would anyone recommend the new cca ca16 for monitoring in a live band setup or any other CCA models? Currently, I am debating whether to get the c12 or the new ca16. Would really appreciate you help :D
Great question! I just got the C12, I'm enjoying them more and more, I haven't heard the CA16 and I think a lot of people are waiting for more reviews to surface on these, I get the impression they are slightly bigger in size and also warmer sounding from what I've read but you would need to see the reviews for the real skinny on them - Which in ears do you currently use? Maybe you are like me and put comfort above all else when performing? IEMusic mentioned not needing a low end emphasis for stage monitoring which is very true - Clarity along with comfort and minimal fatigue are the big ones for me and many others when using them for practice and performing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back