CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #1,591 of 3,770
do you think ca16 are siutable for dance and techno [blank an jones - desire]? there is enough of bass? or better work do zsx?

I personally am not a frequent EDM listener (though I appreciate it), but I just listened to Blank & Jones - Desire, both the single and its ambient remix, and made a quick comparison between the CCA CA16, the CCA C12 (that is the closest I have to the ZSX) and the TRN V90 for good measure.

Out of the 3 the V90 has the most bass (a good bass with a nice rumble) and will probably be the best bass experience in terms of EDM, though there is less detail in the synths (thinner mids and treble). The C12 (also the ZSX) has both a nice rumble and some extra meat on the synths and voices - probably the best compromise. The ZSX has a tad more bass than the C12 by the way, though it is more of a one note affair.

The CA16 in isolation has more than enough rumble and bass, though it is not a bass-head earphone, and to my ears has the most textured bass of the 3, but it is lower in quantity (not neutral, not shy, just more balanced). The synths however have an amazing texture and authority! On the ambient mix of desire, the pad synths are just intoxicating with the CA16, so juicy!

If EDM is your main genre and you don't mind losing some detail and balance to get a more exciting experience, then the TRN V90 might be for you. The ZSX or C12 will be the ideal compromise, there is no going wrong there (just know that the ZSX isn't great with brass instruments). The CA16 is still my pick though, for the detail, timbre and balance.

Jun 6, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #1,592 of 3,770
I personally am not a frequent EDM listener (though I appreciate it), but I just listened to Blank & Jones - Desire, both the single and its ambient remix, and made a quick comparison between the CCA CA16, the CCA C12 (that is the closest I have to the ZSX) and the TRN V90 for good measure.

Out of the 3 the V90 has the most bass (a good bass with a nice rumble) and will probably be the best bass experience in terms of EDM, though there is less detail in the synths (thinner mids and treble). The C12 (also the ZSX) has both a nice rumble and some extra meat on the synths and voices - probably the best compromise. The ZSX has a tad more bass than the C12 by the way, though it is more of a one note affair.

The CA16 in isolation has more than enough rumble and bass, though it is not a bass-head earphone, and to my ears has the most textured bass of the 3, but it is lower in quantity (not neutral, not shy, just more balanced). The synths however have an amazing texture and authority! On the ambient mix of desire, the pad synths are just intoxicating with the CA16, so juicy!

If EDM is your main genre and you don't mind losing some detail and balance to get a more exciting experience, then the TRN V90 might be for you. The ZSX or C12 will be the ideal compromise, there is no going wrong there (just know that the ZSX isn't great with brass instruments). The CA16 is still my pick though, for the detail, timbre and balance.

so the bass on CA16 is better in quality than ZSX and C12? that something great to tell since they are "only" using 7mm DD for CA16.
I wonder if they are using the "new turbo charger XUN technology" if thats matter because i feel the 10mm DD in KZ Z1 (TWS) is provide more "Air" when bass is thumping, that low frequency air moving feeling is great and really felt. Its like having tightness of small DD, but with great texture and depth, while giving me similar sensation of air moving from giant 16mm DD like my Sony EX-1000. too good to believe i know.

and you describe them well about your comparison, thanks for this

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #1,593 of 3,770
The "Reviews" section of the Linsoul store now has a review of the CCA CA16. Go to the CCA16 page @ Linsoul and click the "Reviews" tab half-way through the page. Happy to see it is not far from my own impressions.

Jun 7, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #1,594 of 3,770
Had my CCA-CA16 for a week now, but I've been busy with other projects, so here you go for "my quick impression"...

They are actually good!!! Less V-shaped and more balanced than most KZ's and current CCA's, which can be best described as a holographic-like signature reminding me of the CCA C10, but with a more mature and enhanced definition in sound. They came with the common brown-like cable that's provided by CCA, though I have an extra silver and copper cable by CCA that I can easily swap with. Note: My brief impression below is performed with the default in-ear silicone ear tips that were provided.

During the week, I've swap between all three cables to give an idea of what cable is best for you...

With the "original brown-like cable":
They sound surprisingly good with quick lower bass punch that's well executed with good weight and detail. The midrange is neither too forward nor laid-back, but just right favoring males and females alike! The treble sounds slightly dry, but accurate and precise.

With "CCA silver cable":
With the silver cable, they take a turn towards a more V-shape signature sounding slightly darker with a harder bass punch emphasizing more of a sub to heavier mid-bass punch. The midrange takes a slight step back giving way to a slightly more emphasized treble and a heavier overall bass response with even less airy transparency when compared to the original cable.

With "CCA copper cable":
For me, the copper cable brings out the best from the CA16! The sub-bass has excellent texture and deep bass quality, while the mid-bass is very well behaved. The midrange comes alive with good air, transparency, and lush. The treble sounds excellent with sizzle, fluency and even excellent micro-details. The dry sounding treble is basically gone.

Here are some PIC's!
WeChat Image_20200603164331.jpg
WeChat Image_20200603164538.jpg
WeChat Image_20200603164525.jpg
WeChat Image_20200603164225.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my brief impression!

Note: My review will not be until a week or two weeks later. But, for what it's worth, they are an excellent buy for the price so far!

-Clear

Jun 7, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #1,595 of 3,770
Had my CCA-CA16 for a week now, but I've been busy with other projects, so here you go for "my quick impression"...

They are actually good!!! Less V-shaped and more balanced than most KZ's and current CCA's, which can be best described as a holographic-like signature reminding me of the CCA C10, but with a more mature and enhanced definition in sound. They came with the common brown-like cable that's provided by CCA, though I have an extra silver and copper cable by CCA that I can easily swap with. Note: My brief impression below is performed with the default in-ear silicone ear tips that were provided.

During the week, I've swap between all three cables to give an idea of what cable is best for you...

They sound surprisingly good with quick lower bass punch that's well executed with good weight and detail. The midrange is neither too forward nor laid-back, but just right favoring males and females alike! The treble sounds slightly dry, but accurate and precise.

With "CCA silver cable":
With the silver cable, they take a turn towards a more V-shape signature sounding slightly darker with a harder bass punch emphasizing more of a sub to heavier mid-bass punch. The midrange takes a slight step back giving way to a slightly more emphasized treble and a heavier overall bass response with even less airy transparency when compared to the original cable.

With "CCA copper cable":
For me, the copper cable brings out the best from the CA16! The sub-bass has excellent texture and deep bass quality, while the mid-bass is very well behaved. The midrange comes alive with good air, transparency, and lush. The treble sounds excellent with sizzle, fluency and even excellent micro-details. The dry sounding treble is basically gone.

Here are some PIC's!
WeChat Image_20200603164331.jpgWeChat Image_20200603164538.jpgWeChat Image_20200603164525.jpgWeChat Image_20200603164225.jpg

Note: My review will not be until a week or two weeks later. But, for what it's worth, they are an excellent buy for the price so far!

-Clear

can you please post links to the cables used (the non-stock ones) - pretty curious what the specs of those are since they seem to have such a noticeable effect

Thanks for the impressions

Jun 7, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #1,596 of 3,770

With "CCA silver cable":

With "CCA copper cable":

Here are some PIC's!
WeChat Image_20200603164331.jpgWeChat Image_20200603164538.jpgWeChat Image_20200603164525.jpgWeChat Image_20200603164225.jpg

-Clear

Thanks for your impressions but I have never heard of the CCA copper cable. Do you have pictures as I only know of the included cable and the silver one?

Hopefully my CA16 arrives soon as well.

Jun 7, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #1,597 of 3,770
Jun 11, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #1,601 of 3,770
I received my CCA CA16 today after only 10 days so not too bad at all considering.

No pictures yet.

Body is quite large and similar to the Audiosense T800 and new style of tips is used which I have not seen before.

Does not sound shouty like C12 and is the best hybrid I have heard so far. More impressions later.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #1,602 of 3,770
I received my CCA CA16 today after only 10 days so not too bad at all considering.

No pictures yet.

Body is quite large and similar to the Audiosense T800 and new style of tips is used which I have not seen before.

Does not sound shouty like C12 and is the best hybrid I have heard so far. More impressions later.
Oh it is similarly sized as the T800? Lucky I didnt buy it then. (wasnt interested anyway but this seals it)

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1,603 of 3,770

No pictures yet.

Can you post a photo of the tip? It sounds interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back