Cayin YB04 In-Ear Monitor
Nov 29, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #91 of 167
I love the sound but it is the first IEM that I have owned that I simply cannot get a good fit/seal despite trying nearly all of my dozens of different tips.

Nov 29, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #92 of 167
I love the sound but it is the first IEM that I have owned that I simply cannot get a good fit/seal despite trying nearly all of my dozens of different tips.
Try custom made silcon tips.

Nov 29, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #93 of 167
Try custom made silcon tips.
I have tried those before but the phones tend to stick out too much. Given the shape and weight of the YB04, I doubt that they would be a comfortable option for me, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #95 of 167
I'm currently reviewing the YB04 and had similar trouble with the supplied foam and biflange tips. Even my default Spinfit CP240 biflange weren't cutting it. Weak bass, attenuated mids and highs. I had some generic large triflange silicone tips lying about....and voila! it was as if a veil had been removed. This was the key to getting a really deep seal. I am used to that as I had a ER4XRs for a while :smile:.

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #98 of 167
We just released the 4.4mm balanced headphone cable CS-4.4B, suggested retail price is US$149.

Our original plan was to issue an upgrade cable with 8 strands of Unidirectional Crystalized OFC for 4.4mm balanced option. We tested several prototypes and decided to stick with the original headphone cables of YB04, the improvement is not as significant as we expected but we need to deal with higher price and practical issues comes with heavier and thicker cables.

We don't have any plan to issue a YB04 with 4.4mm cable instead of 3.5mm cable right now. This will very much depends on the feedback from market and sales channel.

Hi Andy. Where in the USA can these be bought? I do not see them listed at musicteck's website.

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #100 of 167
Dec 20, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #101 of 167
Sorry I wasn't more clear in my post. I was referring to the 4.4mm balanced headphone cable CS-4.4B, suggested retail price is US$149.

Just talked to Andrew from MusicTeck today, he has placed order to refill the CS-4.4B stock already, anyone interested to buy this cable from MusicTeck, please contact them by phone or email at info@musicteck.com to reserve your copy of CS-4.4B

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 20, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #102 of 167
Just talked to Andrew from MusicTeck today, he has placed order to refill the CS-4.4B stock already, anyone interested to buy this cable from MusicTeck, please contact them by phone or email at info@musicteck.com to reserve your copy of CS-4.4B

A few people asked me about this cable, and I noticed it wasn't even listed on Musicteck. Was about to mention to Andrew about this, but sounds like the problem is solved :D

Dec 24, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #103 of 167
Cayin YB04 has just been awarded the Best Smaller Pockets IEM of 2019 by Headfonia

https://www.headfonia.com/hfn-2019-awards/2/

headfonia_award_2019_blacktext_withBackground.jpg
upload_2019-12-24_19-11-37.png

Review: Cayin YB04

The YB04 is our first IEM product, we takes our step slowly and explored several options before we finalised the Four BAs configuration as our ice-breaking attempt. Suddenly we flashed back to 2014 when we launched our N6 DAP: yes, we are very anxious on the market response as a new comers, just like the good old days. We are most grateful that we get it right and received significant endorsement from reputable reviewsers and sincere users.

The YB04, one small step to add another IEM to the market, one giant leap for Cayin to start off a new direction.

yb04_12.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 18, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #104 of 167
Where can I purchase the Cayin 4.4mm balanced headphone cable CS-4.4B mentioned above? It isn't listed on Cayin's website (that I can see) or on the Musicteck site mentioned in previous posts.
If I'm unable to source this cable I was thinking of purchasing the Effect Audio Maestro with a balanced connector for use with my ibasso dx160. I need to select either 2 pin CIEM or 2 pin CIEM flat connectors. Excuse my ignorance but which should I select for this earphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back