Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Sep 3, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #1,576 of 2,133
USB power and data are completely isolated in 09S, eliminating most of the EM interference. Yes, it's a thicc cable, and I also tested this @ddHiFi cable against many other ones in a blind test, and can hear a wider soundstage every single time. Can't explain why the soundstage is wider, but I do hear it.

ddhifi-accessories-2022-16.jpg
The 09S lightning to usb-c cable was a complete upgrade in every way over any of the other cables I tried, but I actually didn't like that 09S USB-C to USB-C. It did increase the soundstage but compared to the stock Cayin cable I feel like imaging, instrument separation and clarity took a hit I wasn't willing to accept just for the larger sound. I went back and forth for a few days but ended up returning it in the end. The iPhone cable is fantastic though.

Sep 4, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #1,578 of 2,133
Has anyone had issues connecting it to iPhone? sorry if this topic has already been discussed.
Yes, there are a number of examples in the thread. Due to lightning power limitations there may be some issues if you go above DSD128.

Solutions include, Apple Camera Adapter or some people have had good results with DDhifi cables.

Sep 4, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #1,579 of 2,133
Has anyone had issues connecting it to iPhone? sorry if this topic has already been discussed.
I wouldn't use anything other than the DDhifi cable, all the other ones I've tried including Cayin's own lightning cable are too flimsy to keep the RU7 secure and can't maintain a stable connection. You'll still experience skipping above ~41-44 volume using balanced with the DDhifi but it performs normally using the single-ended port which sounds great.

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #1,580 of 2,133
If someone is looking, RU6 & RU7 bundle listed in classifieds :wink:.

Sep 6, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #1,581 of 2,133
I recently bought RU7, but i'm facing problem with it. It constantly makes a harsh pop/clicking sound whenever i start/stop my tracks and also randomly makes the sound every few sec's later in the middle of tracks. It happens so much more frequently and gets intolerable when i'm playing videos on youtube. The clicking/pop sounds gives me fatigue and i simply can not enjoy it due to this. I tried changing the usb-c cable, i also tried different earphones, L/H gain, changed DSD modes. Nothing worked. I'm really so disappointed with this.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #1,582 of 2,133
I recently bought RU7, but i'm facing problem with it. It constantly makes a harsh pop/clicking sound whenever i start/stop my tracks and also randomly makes the sound every few sec's later in the middle of tracks. It happens so much more frequently and gets intolerable when i'm playing videos on youtube. The clicking/pop sounds gives me fatigue and i simply can not enjoy it due to this. I tried changing the usb-c cable, i also tried different earphones, L/H gain, changed DSD modes. Nothing worked. I'm really so disappointed with this.
Never heard anything like this, you should exchange it for a new one. Does it do this on all your devices?

Sep 6, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #1,585 of 2,133
This is happening on Pc only. Not android phone. But i got this to mainly use it with my Pc so it's quite problematic for me.
Maybe a silly question…but did you install the RU6/RU7 usb audio driver from Cayin?

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #1,587 of 2,133
I did, but there is still random clicking/pop sounds when playing videos on youtube and also while i'm playing trackings on Foobar and other players.
Are you plugging in directly into the PC USB ports or going through a USB hub? Some USB hubs may not provide enough power.

Have you tried plugging into different USB ports? Do you get the same issue when plugging the earphones into both 4.4mm and 3.5mm outputs?

I've only had issues with my RU7 when I have it plugged into my PC for several hours of use although it's different than the issue you're describing. My only issue is that the audio will cut out and go silent after long usage. The RU7 screen still responds and it still shows up as a Windows sound output option, but there's no sound. The only way to fix it is to switch to a different sound output and switch back to the RU7 or unplug the RU7 and plug it back in.

Sep 6, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #1,588 of 2,133
Are you plugging in directly into the PC USB ports or going through a USB hub? Some USB hubs may not provide enough power.

Have you tried plugging into different USB ports? Do you get the same issue when plugging the earphones into both 4.4mm and 3.5mm outputs?

I've only had issues with my RU7 when I have it plugged into my PC for several hours of use although it's different than the issue you're describing. My only issue is that the audio will cut out and go silent after long usage. The RU7 screen still responds and it still shows up as a Windows sound output option, but there's no sound. The only way to fix it is to switch to a different sound output and switch back to the RU7 or unplug the RU7 and plug it back in.
I have been connecting it directly to the Pc usb port. I did try different ports but the issue still remained the same. This happens with both 3.5mm and 4.4mm output. Also i want to mention, that i'm using windows 10 and when i first connected, it by default installed the generic drivers for RU7. After that, i installed Cayin's official drivers for RU7. The clicking/pop sounds became more frequent when i had the RU7 official drivers installed from Cayin. I tried uninstalling the drivers and there is noticeably less clicking/pop sound on youtube and playing trackings on foobar now. But it is still there. Just far less when i had Cayin's drivers installed.

Sep 6, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #1,589 of 2,133
I have been connecting it directly to the Pc usb port. I did try different ports but the issue still remained the same. This happens with both 3.5mm and 4.4mm output. Also i want to mention, that i'm using windows 10 and when i first connected, it by default installed the generic drivers for RU7. After that, i installed Cayin's official drivers for RU7. The clicking/pop sounds became more frequent when i had the RU7 official drivers installed from Cayin. I tried uninstalling the drivers and there is noticeably less clicking/pop sound on youtube and playing trackings on foobar now. But it is still there. Just far less when i had Cayin's drivers installed.
I experienced something similar with RU6 but with static noise. I don't think it's possible to fix this even with drivers. They are flawed for PC use.

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #1,590 of 2,133
This is shaping up to be one of my fav little gadgets ever. Really nice synergy with the Stellia and Nightowl.
I would have to say ditto with my Beyers. The synergy when paired with my XCAN (as a DAC) is also a fabulous cherry on top🎧🎵🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back