Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Aug 31, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #1,562 of 2,175
you tested with the 07s Nyx Series or 09s?

I'm thinking of getting the 09s but was told that it is very stiff.
I have the 09S USB-C to USB-C and it's stiff. You can bend it and it'll stay bent, but the good thing is that you can easily smooth it out again so it's not a problem. Here's a before and after with the cable bent and then smoothing it out afterwards:

Before:
PXL_20230831_150655724.jpg

After:
PXL_20230831_150749980.jpg

Another thing I should mention is that the housing around the connector is pretty chonky. I can't get a perfect fit/connection when I have my phone case on so I'm going to return the cable. Sound quality is barely noticeable for me when A/B'ing the two USB cables with my phone so it isn't worth it for me.

PXL_20230831_150553530.MP.jpg

Sep 1, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #1,566 of 2,175
I have the 09S USB-C to USB-C and it's stiff. You can bend it and it'll stay bent, but the good thing is that you can easily smooth it out again so it's not a problem. Here's a before and after with the cable bent and then smoothing it out afterwards:

Before:

After:

Another thing I should mention is that the housing around the connector is pretty chonky. I can't get a perfect fit/connection when I have my phone case on so I'm going to return the cable. Sound quality is barely noticeable for me when A/B'ing the two USB cables with my phone so it isn't worth it for me.

i used with dap as source, and i can hear the difference btw the 2 cable.

Sep 1, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #1,567 of 2,175
I agree with you on Tidal vs Spotify.
I am using UAPP for Android phone with Tidal, but still can hear a difference compared to PC.

Even with bitperfect ON and bypassing the re-sample audio to 44.1k/48kHz, PC audio quality is just a step above.

Maybe it is related to the USB output, that is why a DAP would make sense if used as source linked to my RU7.

You seem to think that a DAP USB output can be better right ? I am sold !

phone andriod output is not great, using tidal in uapp or tidal standalone make very little different to me.

yes, pc usb out is slightly better.

tidal on 1am2 sound a lot better, but tidal on uapp on 1am2 sound the best.

Sep 1, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #1,568 of 2,175
You're going from a dap > USB TC09S > RU7 > earphone? What kind of dap do you have that has USB audio out?

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #1,569 of 2,175
do you have any fitting issue with your phone casing on?

you got the cable from where?
None whatsoever, it's been the perfect accessory so far. I tried to be cheap and get the Shanling L3 cable but it couldn't handle the power output and would either start skipping or just shut off, not to mention it was too flimsy to make the RU7 feel secure. The 09s makes it feel like the phone and the device are one unit, it's comforting psychologically because you can still move around however you want and there's no fear of interruption because of a jostled connection or just the annoying feeling of something loosely attached dangling around.

Edit: The unit will still start skipping over 41-45 volume using the balanced port, the variance seems to depend on how much bass is in the song. I haven't pushed it above 75 on single-ended but there haven't been any skips up to there.

I got it from Amazon

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,571 of 2,175
phone andriod output is not great, using tidal in uapp or tidal standalone make very little different to me.

yes, pc usb out is slightly better.

tidal on 1am2 sound a lot better, but tidal on uapp on 1am2 sound the best.
This could also be due to the output voltage on your android's usb port. Not all phones output the same amount of power. I'd check your model at gsmarena.com and see if it supports USB 3.0 or higher, and PD 3.0 charging. Those make a difference, and will get it sounding closer to a PC output.

Sep 2, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #1,572 of 2,175
USB power and data are completely isolated in 09S, eliminating most of the EM interference. Yes, it's a thicc cable, and I also tested this @ddHiFi cable against many other ones in a blind test, and can hear a wider soundstage every single time. Can't explain why the soundstage is wider, but I do hear it.

ddhifi-accessories-2022-16.jpg

Sep 3, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #1,573 of 2,175
USB power and data are completely isolated in 09S, eliminating most of the EM interference. Yes, it's a thicc cable, and I also tested this @ddHiFi cable against many other ones in a blind test, and can hear a wider soundstage every single time. Can't explain why the soundstage is wider, but I do hear it.

ddhifi-accessories-2022-16.jpg
Do u recommend luxury precision w2 otg cable? Very expensive item.

Sep 3, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #1,574 of 2,175
This could also be due to the output voltage on your android's usb port. Not all phones output the same amount of power. I'd check your model at gsmarena.com and see if it supports USB 3.0 or higher, and PD 3.0 charging. Those make a difference, and will get it sounding closer to a PC output.
I c. Mine is s22+. Thks for the tip.

Sep 3, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #1,575 of 2,175

Users who are viewing this thread

Back