Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Nov 25, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #332 of 3,665
To be honest, there is a good reason why I mentioned as my concluding statement in RU6 announcement.

If you look at what Cayin did in past few years, we put vacuum tubes into DAP, spend more effort on Single-end phone out than balanced phone out, "small power" discrete Class A in compact Audio Motherboard, and develop discrete R-2R technologies for portable applications, .... none of this options put specification as our priority consideration.

1637820099179.png
in my opinion specs for a dongle are really good. people want miracles LOL

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #333 of 3,665
Really looking forward to the release of this device as I hope this will be a good alternative to the RS6 on days when I want to travel light.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #336 of 3,665
That's ok - I guess I wanted to take something that I know as a base point in comparison.

In terms of opinion - i try to be objective as much as possible but it's always in relation to other sources I've heard (I try to be fair and compare similar price ranges), so in the instance of the N3 Pro I compared it to other DAPs and sources with similar cost and i try to isolate technicalities - for example i dislike the Fiio M11 Pro tonality as it's a little cold/lean for me, but I appreciate it's technicalities in competition with other sources; wide soundstage, clean instrument separation, clean treble, good transient response.. so I'm hopeful someone can chime in with some base point comparisons between different devices and the RU6 here once deliveries start coming in.

Shall we move your "opinion" of N3Pro to the appropriate thread?

As I mentioned previously, I always encourage users to wait for reviews or impression if they feel uncomfortable, orhhesitated, or uncertain about the new product. There is no point to feel worry or uncertain after you rush out to pre-order immediately.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 25, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #337 of 3,665
Hello @Andykong ,

Thanks for the information.
Yes the idea would be as you mentioned, amplifier would be Little Dot 1+ or mobile to use, or to other amplifiers I still have on the PC.

I have provided a simple procedure in my previous response, I hope you find it useful and can find the sweet spot to connect phone out to your amplifier.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #338 of 3,665
That reminds me, I wondered how many volume steps there are on the RU6. I'm guessing 100 based on your answer here?

99 steps. It was written on the opening post of this thread, and when you'll find the details in the RU6 product page of Cayin website later.

RU6 Sales Volume Control.jpg

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #339 of 3,665
Any chance we'll see other colors for the cases?

On the one hand, there's a design which looks as HiFiesque as possible for a dongle...
... and on the other there's two cases in bright colors looking-like Legos :p

While I didn't care for the green case of the N3 Pro, the one we saw for the RU6 was nice.

Only two colours are available.

1637853851176.png

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #342 of 3,665
Does it comes with presets movie, game, normal? Thank you

No eq presets. Please take a look at my previous post with pictures and detailed description of RU6 Settings here.

Nov 25, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #343 of 3,665
Only two colours are available.

1637853851176.png

Here is how the blue leather case looks under a "natural" light in our kitchen. For under $20 it's an easy decision.

cayin-ru6-x10.jpgcayin-ru6-x11.jpg

Nov 25, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #344 of 3,665
99 steps. It was written on the opening post of this thread, and when you'll find the details in the RU6 product page of Cayin website later.

RU6 Sales Volume Control.jpg

Yep, confirm the "short delay" when adjusting the volume. First time I used it, took me by a bit of surprise until I quickly realized it's probably a switch relay (even before I saw the spec).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back