Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Nov 17, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #168 of 3,665
What? One day from NJ? They must have a warehouse there then, unless the shipping is crazy $$$. I can't send anything to the UK for less than 25 dollars and that's first class pkg which could take 2 weeks.
Yes, it was actually that fast to reach UK, but you will get it next day, with the customs clearance getting a bit longer, still amazing fast :).

Nov 17, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #173 of 3,665
Pre-order is on without specs?
I think the specs are going to be out next week (Andy is working on getting the product user manual/documentation finished, from what I read earlier in this thread).

Andy has been very open in this thread about the challenges in terms of getting high output power using dongle (set expectations accordingly) and potential power consumption issues based on smartphone USB architecture.

This is first of kind for R-2R architecture based dongle and hence it is automatically inviting lot of pre-orders given the recent surge of interest in the forum around portable R2R systems. My 2 cents.

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #175 of 3,665
I just shared more info about RU6 in Musicteck pre-order thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pre-order-the-new-cayin-ru6-today.960684/page-2#post-16666085 , I borrowed a unit from them for a few days. Sounds damn good, that's why I'm calling it mini R01 :)

Not gonna repeat everything, but will post pictures in this thread as well. Just one thing to note, in Settings you have Gain H/L and Sampling (NOS and OS), along with Backlight time out or option to keep the screen on.

cayin-ru6-x01.jpgcayin-ru6-x03.jpgcayin-ru6-x04.jpgcayin-ru6-x05.jpgcayin-ru6-x06.jpgcayin-ru6-x07.jpgcayin-ru6-x08.jpgcayin-ru6-x09.jpg

Nov 18, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #177 of 3,665
I just shared more info about RU6 in Musicteck pre-order thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pre-order-the-new-cayin-ru6-today.960684/page-2#post-16666085 , I borrowed a unit from them for a few days. Sounds damn good, that's why I'm calling it mini R01 :)

Not gonna repeat everything, but will post pictures in this thread as well. Just one thing to note, in Settings you have Gain H/L and Sampling (NOS and OS), along with Backlight time out or option to keep the screen on.

cayin-ru6-x01.jpgcayin-ru6-x03.jpgcayin-ru6-x04.jpgcayin-ru6-x05.jpgcayin-ru6-x06.jpgcayin-ru6-x07.jpgcayin-ru6-x08.jpgcayin-ru6-x09.jpg
that size comparison picture is gold. thanks mate.

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #179 of 3,665
I'd love to know more about initial sound impressions.

I didn't have great experience with a Cayin N3 Pro dap - I though the sound quality was sub par for a mid tier dap (kinda etched and dirty sounding with an underwhelming dac implementation, even with the tube stage) - both the Fiio M11 Pro and Sony ZX507 sounded more mature and higher fidelity overall.

I'm going to give it another chance with this R2R dongle as I'm just too curious - I'm hopeful there's been good care and attention put in the clocking, power filtering and other indirectly related dac elements that elevate the sound quality.

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #180 of 3,665
@Andykong Any chance you would know when the pre-order will begin in China / Taobao?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back