Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Nov 20, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #226 of 3,665
I agree. That is the reason that first - I asked if I would start a riot by asking that... And second - I emphasized that was my personal opinion.
I am aware there are 2 camps. Actually 3 camps:
* MQA believers
* MQA haters
* People that think it is just a different "flavor" but not necessarily better or worse

I guess I am personally on the 3 camp, thinking it sounds a little different but not necessarily better or worse. Just a little different.
of course, you're right, everyone has his own opinion

Actually, I didn't want bring up this arguing to this thread.
I just wanted to know, if it has or not(mqa support), that's all)

thank you all, guys, for your replies)

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #227 of 3,665
i heard good mqa files and bad mqa files. I heard good 16/ 44.1 files and bad. So the anti mqa war is stupid war and wasted time
@Andykong please i ask again. I need a name of online european retailer. Thank you

Nov 21, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #230 of 3,665
i heard good mqa files and bad mqa files. I heard good 16/ 44.1 files and bad. So the anti mqa war is stupid war and wasted time
@Andykong please i ask again. I need a name of online european retailer. Thank you

Can you please wait? MusicTeck started a pre-order, that's PRE-ORDER, not something every dealer will opt for. We can't ask dealers from other countries to follow suit simply because MusicTeck in US has done that.

I had enough trouble because of the pre-order already, my PM and Facebook were flooded with review requests. Let's wait till we provide the necessary information before we follow up with Sales arrangement.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 22, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #231 of 3,665
Can you please wait? MusicTeck started a pre-order, that's PRE-ORDER, not something every dealer will opt for. We can't ask dealers from other countries to follow suit simply because MusicTeck in US has done that.

I had enough trouble because of the pre-order already, my PM and Facebook were flooded with review requests. Let's wait till we provide the necessary information before we follow up with Sales arrangement.
Sure. Thank you

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #232 of 3,665
Cayin will host a product announcement live streaming on 24 November evening 8pm (GMT +8), I should be able to post English announcement with product detail around 2 hours after the live streaming (and I have put the date on the title of the thread).

20211124 Announcment.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 22, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #233 of 3,665
fetchimage.gif

Nov 22, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #235 of 3,665
I hope we get parametric EQ... in the announcement, or one day...

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #237 of 3,665
Nov 22, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #238 of 3,665
I hope we get parametric EQ... one day... I'll sell my
I’d gladly skip EQ in favor of proper line out functionality.
the headphone outs are usually quite transparent on these devices so line out in my experience doesnt make huge differences if any when used with pre amps

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #239 of 3,665
I’d gladly skip EQ in favor of proper line out functionality.
Maybe a little switch on the side which toggles the 3.5mm output from PO to LO.

I still want PEQ in an app, though.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #240 of 3,665
Maybe a little switch on the side which toggles the 3.5mm output from PO to LO.

I still want PEQ in an app, though.

If R01 didn't have room for a proper LO, it's quite unrealistic for RU6 dongle either

Also, if you want PEQ in an app, wouldn't it be just a matter of picking the right app that support PEQ? Neutron is a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back