Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Feb 27, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #2,131 of 3,685
I bought USB cables from here on recommendations from others. Works like a charm and very well built.
I'll 2nd that, OE Audio usb otg cables have one of the best build quality, very well engineered IC.

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #2,132 of 3,685
I bought USB cables from here on recommendations from others. Works like a charm and very well built.

I'll 2nd that, OE Audio usb otg cables have one of the best build quality, very well engineered IC.
… and, according to their website, they have a couple of distributors around the world. Even in a sort of ”under-developed“ HiFi country like Germany.

Feb 28, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #2,133 of 3,685
Where does one acquire a replacement adhesive magnet disc? I had two that came with my orange RU6 case and put one on my iPad and one on my iPhone. Inserting and removing my phone from its case wore the leatherette off of the magnet.

Feb 28, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #2,134 of 3,685
Where does one acquire a replacement adhesive magnet disc? I had two that came with my orange RU6 case and put one on my iPad and one on my iPhone. Inserting and removing my phone from its case wore the leatherette off of the magnet.

Something like THIS (or this) should work. I hope you find them in smalle quantity. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 28, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #2,135 of 3,685
Feb 28, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #2,136 of 3,685
I really love the sound of the RU2 RU6. So much so that I purchased an RS6. However, I find that I don't use at all these days. I need to be able to control the volume from the source. That doesn't mean it's a bad product by any stretch; just not suitable for my specific use case.

I'm going to sell it with an unused blue case for 220USD (including shipping to cont. US). It is in excellent condition. Unfortunately I'm not able to find the original USB C>A adapter so I'm including the one from my LP W2.

If you're interested in a much loved, but little used RU2 RU6, shoot me a pm.

[edit: corrected model number]

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #2,137 of 3,685
out of the 100+ dongles andy has rated, the RU6 is #2 overall. the W2 is not even in the top 10.
I have both the W2-131 and RU6 here and both are great. There's a difference in their sound, obviously, but I wouldn't describe the differences so dramatically. I suppose that the R2R NOS sound was more of a big deal for him than it is others.

Feb 28, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #2,138 of 3,685
I have both the W2-131 and RU6 here and both are great. There's a difference in their sound, obviously, but I wouldn't describe the differences so dramatically. I suppose that the R2R NOS sound was more of a big deal for him than it is others.
out of all the dongles i would buy, the OG W2 would be the other one i would check out. i would still like to hear one and compare to the RU6.

Mar 1, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #2,139 of 3,685
The dreaded EMI noise problem is still not solved even with my new FiiO shielded cable. It is less prominent though. But when carrying the RU6 and my phone in the same pocket, it will inevitably happen.

The RU6 shielding if it exists at all is really really bad.

This is still one of the best sounding dongle DACs in the World but if I had to review it now, I would give it 4 stars out of 5, because it cannot be used as intended with a phone on the go.

I will still try to get the leather case and DIY a shielding layer with aluminum foil inside of it, but there is no guarantee it will work

Mar 1, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #2,140 of 3,685
The dreaded EMI noise problem is still not solved even with my new FiiO shielded cable. It is less prominent though. But when carrying the RU6 and my phone in the same pocket, it will inevitably happen.

This is still one of the best sounding dongle DACs in the World but if I had to review it now, I would give it 4 stars out of 5, because it cannot be used as intended with a phone on the go.

I will still try to get the leather case and DIY a shielding layer with aluminum foil inside of it, but there is no guarantee it will work
Have you tried using some other phone with the RU6? If you still get EMI then maybe you have a faulty unit. I've experienced severe EMI with EarMen Sparrow and to some extent with Mojo but not with RU6. I'm using stock USB Cable with mine.

Mar 1, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #2,141 of 3,685

Ahahah i ordered fiio cable. I have noise not in my pocket but when move in my house. I don' t know if happens when phone disconnect from wifi

Mar 1, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #2,145 of 3,685
I just ordered an RU6. I am hoping the lightning cable holds up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back