Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Dec 13, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #5,446 of 5,538
Been away for awhile. What is the latest on the N8ii getting an update to full Roon Ready status? It was mentioned very early on that it was part of the development plan but curious if there’s any update or if official silence suggests it’s not coming after all?
The fact that it has been such a long time since the announcement is probably bad news on this side I guess

Dec 13, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #5,447 of 5,538
The fact that it has been such a long time since the announcement is probably bad news on this side I guess
Yeah, I unfortunately have to agree with you. This was discussed early on when the N8 was released (that they were working on it) and that's obviously been a bit.

Happy to be pleasantly surprised, of course. Would be a great little holiday surprise, but not expecting it.

Dec 13, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #5,448 of 5,538
I wish there was a definite answer, much better than no response for several months, not even responding to emails.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 18, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #5,449 of 5,538
WANTED *yellow case*

PM me if you have one for sale, thanks!
da1bddaed0b01e560e9a2c7fb4a7f8c9.jpg

Dec 19, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #5,452 of 5,538
Dec 21, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #5,455 of 5,538
Hi everyone!

I am a potential n8ii owner but I have one fairly big reason to hestiate: the Android version. I'm an Apple Music lossless user and I fear Android 9 is a dangerous game at this point. What do you guys think?

Pure players are the best. Android, its whistle and bells, little dealing with pure music enjoyement, worsen the sound to my ears.

After some of those DAPs, having buyed a Cayin C9 too, I can happily say it.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #5,456 of 5,538
Pure players are the best. Android, its whistle and bells, little dealing with pure music enjoyement, worsen the sound to my ears.

After some of those DAPs, having buyed a Cayin C9 yoo, I can happily say it.
I believe the question was whether Apple Music will support Android 9 in the long run, which is a legitimate concern from a consumer point of view. The topic was well-discussed when it was raised and I believe the OP has kind of drawn his conclusion during the discussion. TBH, I don't think anyone can answer that question with certainty, but non-Android-based DAP is less likely relevant because they hardly support Apple Music to start with.

Last edited:

Dec 21, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #5,457 of 5,538
Is this case an "official" Cayin accessory ?
I've got a very similar model for my N7 - and I like this flap on top

Regards
Urs
Maybe they will have a stock refill, I could be interested as well !
WANTED *yellow case*

PM me if you have one for sale, thanks!

This is an official Cayin N8ii carrying case, we have listed this Cayin website.

Unfortunately, we produced this case through a leather case OEM shop, and that was a one-off order. We have sold out this carrying case quite a while already, the minimum QTY was larger than we feel comfortable with another production run. Maybe some of our dealers will have this in stock, but there is no way we can find out from our end. Sorry for being unable to provide further assistance. :pray:

Dec 30, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #5,458 of 5,538
I believe the question was whether Apple Music will support Android 9 in the long run, which is a legitimate concern from a consumer point of view. The topic was well-discussed when it was raised and I believe the OP has kind of drawn his conclusion during the discussion. TBH, I don't think anyone can answer that question with certainty, but non-Android-based DAP is less likely relevant because they hardly support Apple Music to start with.
Is there a realistic chance for an OS upgrade for the N8ii? I don’t know if Cayin has upgraded OS for DAPs in the past. I have no need for a new DAP from SQ standpoint. N8ii is just about perfect with the Jewel. However, one last upgrade in OS would be very kind of Cayin.

Jan 4, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #5,459 of 5,538
Recently exchanged my SP3000 for a N8ii, and could not be happier with this decision! I gave the SP3000 a couple weeks but it never spoke to me, sound-wise or aesthetically, while the N8ii fits my preferences so well in both those categories.

I also had planned on using the N8ii mainly as a source and its DAC rather than as an "all-in-one" for my over-the-ear headphones (I was thinking, with the Woo WA8, I'd always prefer it over N8ii's tube sound), but I have to say, I find I'm enjoying it just as much as the Hugo2/WA8 combo! The tubes on this thing do indeed may make a very cool difference in sound versus the solid state. The WA8 definitely has a more "tube-like" sound comparatively, but the sense of space definitely gets enhanced in a beautiful way on N8ii's tube mode. The synergy with the N8ii as an all-in-one with my headphones is stellar.

Stoked. Plus, little things, like the volume fade-up when the music starts to play back instead of the usual hard digital sounding start up, and the white/yellow design that appear when the volume is being changed... just, very cool. I know I sound like a total fanboy, but I figured this thread could appreciate it, ha!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back