Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Mar 14, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #1,336 of 5,552
Agreed, and not only for Cayin but a lot more
Hey Whitigir, Any chances of a review video for the N8ii dap? like you did with the DMP-Z1.

Mar 14, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #1,338 of 5,552
MusicTeck is one of the best USA dealers period.

Somehow I completely missed that Musicteck *is* in the US (NJ). I thought for sure I saw a Hong Kong address associated with them. No wonder they were front and center at CanJam NYC...

The trickiest thing is for most US buyers that have no way to see this in person, so it helps to buy from a place that's returnable with no restock (fee at this cost would be sizeable) as well as no taxes if possible. Also it's important is to see how it sounds with your own listening equipment...all my notable cans are pretty limited edition:. Final Audio Sonorous X (the gold & silver gems), Pioneer SE Master 1, and Pioneer Monitor 5 (all EZ-to-drive Dynamic and as low as 16ohm resistance). It's not likely many people that get this unit will have those to try.

Apos knows you need to try devices in your own environment, and it looks like Musicteck might too because I see an "audition" option that I need to do some investigating on. Not sure if that includes limited product.

Finally, the M17 is already expensive yet the N8ii is double *that* cost. Does anyone have or listened to both DAPs with the same listening equipment (full size headphones) to see if it really is *that* much better sounding/refined)? :)

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #1,339 of 5,552
Some more "visual" impressions...

Cayin-N8ii_showcase_02.jpg

Cayin-N8ii_showcase_07.jpg

Cayin-N8ii_showcase_05.jpg

Cayin-N8ii_showcase_06.jpg

Cayin-N8ii_showcase_01.jpg

Cayin-N8ii_showcase_03.jpg

Cayin-N8ii_showcase_04.jpg

Mar 14, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #1,341 of 5,552
Cutting it fine for me, I'm away with work next Monday, would make my day if it arrives before then but not hopeful. By the time I come back I'll have been brainwashed reading this thread with all of you guys comments about it! :dt880smile:

Mar 14, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #1,342 of 5,552
Mar 14, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #1,345 of 5,552
Are there pre-applied screen protectors on both sides @TomKorn ?

Mar 14, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #1,346 of 5,552
I found the perfect DAP for Empire Ears Legend EVO. I have been listening to it all afternoon and it is perfect. The Cayin N6ii Ti with R01 amp (standard R2R Dac configuration) is the best DAP I've heard with the EVO. I have not once heard any harshness in the upper mids or treble on any track. And, the bass is wide open and magical like it is with DX300 and RS6. The bass is really rumbling and clear.

I got the N6ii just before I left for my last trip and I had just received the VE tour kits so I wanted to listen with the same DAP which was the RS6. So, I only got to hear the N6ii Ti very sparsely before I got back on Monday. Now I am spending more time with it. It definitely has R2R magic and I like it better than the RS6 as a standalone device. But, I prefer the RS6 paired with both the C9 and WA8 because I don't have the A02 amp module. I have the E02 but it sounds a lot like the DX312 so it doesn't add anything to my collection. I need to listen to Odin with it. I suspect I am going to have a similar impression.

This gives me a good reason to keep both the N6ii Ti along with the N8ii. I can't imagine what an N8ii would sound like with an R2R DAC. When I get my N8ii next month, I'll do a detailed A/B test with Odin and EVO with N8ii and N6ii Ti for those wanting to find the best pairing for your EVO and Odin.
N6ii r01 or ibasso dx300 max ti? Which would you prefer for evos?

Mar 14, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #1,348 of 5,552
Mar 14, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #1,349 of 5,552
Gotta give props to Andrew at MusicTeck for turning around today's N8ii shipment from Cayin back out to pre-ordered Head-Fiers.

Shipping confo received +3

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #1,350 of 5,552
Gotta give props to Andrew at MusicTeck for turning around today's N8ii shipment from Cayin back out to pre-ordered Head-Fiers.

Shipping confo received +3
Yes, and more than just that. These stocks just turned up from DHL earlier today. Musicteck did all the inventory processing and order placements......then turn around to shipping within couple hours. That is “amazing”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back