Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Mar 14, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #1,321 of 5,547
N6ii has skipping problem with gapless when different sampling rate tracks are played hence why their native apps disabled it.
Hm, no - gapless doesn't work on the native apps even when sample rates are consistent. Both the native Cayin app and the native Hiby app - essentially same apps but different skins - have the option for gapless but it's redundant.

Not a major deal as UAPP and Neutron have fully working gapless. So it's a software bug that was never resolved on the native apps.

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #1,322 of 5,547
From my experiences, Cayin repair center is in China. Most of the stuff will be sent back to China for repair and then shipped back to you.

Korg tubes is quoted for 30k hours of operations. So, with each day using for 5 hours…,you will be looking at 16.5 years before you need replacements
TBH after 10 years I don't think we will be listening to this still. Technology moves on after 2-3 years let alone 10. We probably be on N35ii by then:wink:

Mar 14, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #1,324 of 5,547
Hey folks,does anyone know if cayin have repair services after warranty. I almost told myself yes to buy n8ii,my update for a long period of time, so want to know if I will be able to repair it if something happen in 2-3 years. Also any information how long will the tubes last? Thank you
I sent N8 back to HQ to sort a dodgy volume wheel and replace the back glass after romi modded it (had a couple of marks on it), this was done outwith warranty period. Price was far less than I had expected and service from initial contact to it arriving back was absolutely spot on, couldn't have been happier. It's just another ticked box for cayin ownership for me.

Mar 14, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #1,325 of 5,547
I sent N8 back to HQ to sort a dodgy volume wheel and replace the back glass after romi modded it (had a couple of marks on it), this was done outwith warranty period. Price was far less than I had expected and service from initial contact to it arriving back was absolutely spot on, couldn't have been happier. It's just another ticked box for cayin ownership for me.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I recently ordered n8ii and now even more calm with my purchase. Great job cayin!

Mar 14, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #1,327 of 5,547
15th has arrived. Fingers crossed we'll be getting email notifications soon!

Mar 14, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #1,329 of 5,547
15th has arrived. Fingers crossed we'll be getting email notifications soon!
You'll have to wait another 14 hours for 15th for Musicteck. In fact, they are more likely to ship during their business hours which means at least another 24 hours wait for you all

Mar 14, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #1,330 of 5,547
Anybody know of any US-baser sellers now or planned for the future. I noticed a place like Apos doesn't carry Cayin products at all. It appears, unlike like say Fiio, C have not made many inroads out of their native China for distribution. Is Musicteck the best US avenue for the time being?

Mar 14, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #1,331 of 5,547
Anybody know of any US-baser sellers now or planned for the future. I noticed a place like Apos doesn't carry Cayin products at all. It appears, unlike like say Fiio, C have not made many inroads out of their native China for distribution. Is Musicteck the best US avenue for the time being?

MusicTeck is one of the best USA dealers period.

Mar 14, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #1,332 of 5,547
You'll have to wait another 14 hours for 15th for Musicteck. In fact, they are more likely to ship during their business hours which means at least another 24 hours wait for you all
200w.gif

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #1,334 of 5,547
MusicTeck is one of the best USA dealers period.
One of the best global dealers I would say. The majority of what I buy comes from Andrew and it gets here quicker than ordering from within the EU.

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,335 of 5,547

Users who are viewing this thread

Back