Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Feb 26, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #766 of 5,538
OMG. I am at CanJam NYC. I got into the Musicteck booth. I was the first to hear the N8ii. I listened to 3 tracks and I came up to my room to place an order. First batch is already sold out.

Don't read the reviews. Just buy it. It has the clearest, most vivid and revealing sound with deep, clean bass I have heard in a DAP. I need to sit this side by side with the DMP. I think the DMP might be better, but not by much.

I promised I would only buy it if it blew me away and that it did. Alex was right.
I trust that opinion because they always do exactly what they ought to do.

Feb 26, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #768 of 5,538
Ok, cheers - appreciate it. What headphones did you bring, btw?
Susvara and Utopia. I wanted to A/B test Susvara and 1266TC to see which I like better. And, I wanted to hear Ferrum Orr with both.

I've decided my favorite headphone is Susvara. 1266TC is number 2 even though it has better bass. Susvara is better in everything other than bass, but bass is important so they both belong in my collection. Not yet though.

Ferrum Orr is fantastic with both Utopia and Susvara. I am going to buy it.

Feb 26, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #769 of 5,538
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 26, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #771 of 5,538
I didn't see his review. Smooth and warm are not the words I would use to describe it. My words are vivid, revealing, clarity.
Does Musicteck have any of their LP DAPs (LP6, P6Pro) available for demo? We've all heard so many good things about the LP DAPs, be great to hear how they rate against the N8ii. Could you, would you, please? Thanks buddy.

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #772 of 5,538
Does Musicteck have any of their LP DAPs (LP6, P6Pro) available for demo? We've all heard so many good things about the LP DAPs, be great to hear how they rate against the N8ii. Could you, would you, please? Thanks buddy.
Yes, they have them. I didn't listen to them for 2 reasons. 1) they don't stream. 2) If I like it, I will want to buy it and to buy it, I will need to buy music. No thank you.

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #773 of 5,538
Yes, they have them. I didn't listen to them for 2 reasons. 1) they don't stream. 2) If I like it, I will want to buy it and to buy it, I will need to buy music. No thank you.
Haha! I get it; duplicating the streaming library in hires will cost more than the DAP! But how about something else to tease you here about the LP and Utopia… and also, you can stream OTG with the LP DAPs through your phone.

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #774 of 5,538
OMG. I am at CanJam NYC. I got into the Musicteck booth. I was the first to hear the N8ii. I listened to 3 tracks and I came up to my room to place an order. First batch is already sold out.

Don't read the reviews. Just buy it. It has the clearest, most vivid and revealing sound with deep, clean bass I have heard in a DAP. I need to sit this side by side with the DMP. I think the DMP might be better, but not by much.

I promised I would only buy it if it blew me away and that it did. Alex was right.

I have been to Musicteck tables (4 tables at the show) many times today, and don't recall seeing anybody in "Hawaiian" shirt :D

The area was packed, and they end up allowing people to sit on both sides of the table. I couldn't even get close to take a picture.

1645932436933.png

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #775 of 5,538
I have been to Musicteck tables (4 tables at the show) many times today, and don't recall seeing anybody in "Hawaiian" shirt :D

The area was packed, and they end up allowing people to sit on both sides of the table. I couldn't even get close to take a picture.

1645932436933.png
Cool, is the man in front of the huge banner Andrew? 😬

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #776 of 5,538
Feb 26, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #777 of 5,538

1645932436933.png
I looked for you, too. I was at the Musicteck table from 10-1:30 pm. I was in the back listening most of the time near the FIR IEMs to the right of Andrew. Sorry that I missed you. If you will be there tomorrow, I will be there.

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #779 of 5,538
Feb 27, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #780 of 5,538
Order placed trough my local dealer…
I expect to put the N8II face to face to my beloved N8 and maybe against the SP2000t :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back