Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
May 15, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #3,646 of 5,543
Hi, @Andykong

I sent you 2 messages on the forum and in parallel in private message on April 16 and today. I still haven't heard back from you. I do not understand ? Can you get back to me. Thanks in advance.
On my Cayin N6ii-RO1 It used to flash when charging but once it's 100% then it stops flashing
The N8ii doesn't seem to do that from day 1
So maybe by design or omissions?

May 15, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #3,647 of 5,543
With the P+ mode I hear a slight crackling (sizzle) in the background of the music. I use rhapsodio infinity MK2 (109db/12,5ohms) where final FI-BA-SS (112db/16ohms) as headphones. I currently have 9 hours of listening.

To complete, on my sedentary headphones (Elegia : 105db/35ohms / Klipsch : 98db/25ohms) which are less sensitive, I don't have the problem.

Is this normal?

Can you please get back to me.

May 15, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #3,648 of 5,543
With the P+ mode I hear a slight crackling (sizzle) in the background of the music. I use rhapsodio infinity MK2 (109db/12,5ohms) where final FI-BA-SS (112db/16ohms) as headphones. I currently have 9 hours of listening.

To complete, on my sedentary headphones (Elegia : 105db/35ohms / Klipsch : 98db/25ohms) which are less sensitive, I don't have the problem.

Is this normal?

Can you please get back to me.
Yeah you have selected too much power for what’s a pretty sensitive IEM. I’m on P / MdB and have had no waterfall issues

May 15, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #3,649 of 5,543
Has anyone tried the Susvara with the N8II and C9 combined ?
What was the result ... 🤔
I read Bass was not optimal with C9 only

images (10).jpeg

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #3,650 of 5,543
Nvm.

May 16, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #3,655 of 5,543
Hi guys,
Are there any experiences with the I2s connection to a DAC?
Just purchased a Musician Pegasus and thinking about connecting the N8ii via I2s with the Pegasus.
Thanks Thomas
I think @davidmolliere has that combo...

May 16, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #3,656 of 5,543
maybe hand picked components
Where was rhe photo pulled from? Is that a modded N8ii or just a retailer putting their own engraving on it like AC did with n6ii?

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #3,657 of 5,543
@Andykong

I just charged my cayin n8ii for the first time. During charging and even when the charge reached 100%, the charging indicator remained white without flashing.
Is this normal (indicator no red and (indicator by red / indicator not flashing while charging) ?
Hi, @Andykong

I sent you 2 messages on the forum and in parallel in private message on April 16 and today. I still haven't heard back from you. I do not understand ? Can you get back to me. Thanks in advance.
If you're charging with the device off, you will see a plain white, solid LED. It will stay constant, it's more a "hey, I'm plugged in!" indicator in that state. If the device is on, you'll see red/pulse.

Thank you @JS27 for explaining the different status of N8ii charging indicator. The "so-called "breathing light" charging indicator requires a controller circuit to manipulate the LED lighting effect, The circuit is only in place after you power on the device, that's why the charging indicator can only display a white light to indicate charging is ongoing when you power off the DAP.

@Juppiter sorry for missing your first post, and when you posted again, I was offline from the forum already. I used to spend most weekends on the forum, but I have to slow down and maintain a more "regular" working pattern. By the way, if you run into anything that bothers you and you need immediate support, your dealer is your first and best point of contact. I try to be helpful, but I can't be as responsive as your dealer :pray:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 16, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #3,658 of 5,543
Where is the default wallpaper located? I am trying to go back to default and can't find it anywhere on the system. There is a violin pic titled wallpaper but it isn't the stereo cabinet one.

Another user has encountered a similar problem and was desperately wanted to change back to the default wallpaper.:scream:

Android 9 has an auto-detect feature that will, theoretically, optimize your UI with your theme, and wallpaper was considered an important part of your theme. So what happens is, that it will set the icons to black line art when it detects a dark tone wallpaper, and it will set the icons to white line art when it detects a bright tone wallpaper. This turns out quite a disaster to the icons at N8ii Notification Center (i.e., the pull-down quick menu) because icons with black line art are hardly visible with the bray background. I personally think this theme-based synchronization is illogical, why would anyone want to use the black icon on dark wallpapers? Unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do.

I have created several wallpapers to explore this theme-based synchronization feature, and I have attached those that will keep the icons in white line art so that it is more readable, and the default N8ii wallpaper is one of them. Please copy these files to the PICTURE folder under internal storage of N8ii, and then change the wallpaper again, the notification icons should change back to the original white line art, without needing a reboot. You can use your own preferred photo as wallpaper, but please crop and resize the photo to 720x1280 and save them as jpg, bmp or png file format.

Regarding the violin picture titled wallpaper, I have checked with our service engineering and found out that the violin photo was the default wallpaper of HiBy R8. HiBy accidentally dropped that photo to N8ii firmware and the system has identified that as a viable alternative wallpaper. We shall remove the photo in the next firmware.

Wallpaper 01.jpg

Wallpaper 02.jpg

Wallpaper 03.jpg

Wallpaper 04.jpg

May 16, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #3,659 of 5,543
Hi guys,
Are there any experiences with the I2s connection to a DAC?
Just purchased a Musician Pegasus and thinking about connecting the N8ii via I2s with the Pegasus.
Thanks Thomas

The N8ii and N6ii I2S are implemented with reference to PS Audio I2S pin definition. I have tried N6ii to iDAC-6MK2 and Cayin CS-100DAC in I2S, and it works very well. Haven't tried with other PS2 compatible I2S DAC so far, but if Pegasus I2S is PS Audio compatible, it should work.

May 16, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #3,660 of 5,543
Another user has encountered a similar problem and was desperately wanted to change back to the default wallpaper.:scream:

Android 9 has an auto-detect feature that will, theoretically, optimize your UI with your theme, and wallpaper was considered an important part of your theme. So what happens is, that it will set the icons to black line art when it detects a dark tone wallpaper, and it will set the icons to white line art when it detects a bright tone wallpaper. This turns out quite a disaster to the icons at N8ii Notification Center (i.e., the pull-down quick menu) because icons with black line art are hardly visible with the bray background. I personally think this theme-based synchronization is illogical, why would anyone want to use the black icon on dark wallpapers? Unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do.

I have created several wallpapers to explore this theme-based synchronization feature, and I have attached those that will keep the icons in white line art so that it is more readable, and the default N8ii wallpaper is one of them. Please copy these files to the PICTURE folder under internal storage of N8ii, and then change the wallpaper again, the notification icons should change back to the original white line art, without needing a reboot. You can use your own preferred photo as wallpaper, but please crop and resize the photo to 720x1280 and save them as jpg, bmp or png file format.

Regarding the violin picture titled wallpaper, I have checked with our service engineering and found out that the violin photo was the default wallpaper of HiBy R8. HiBy accidentally dropped that photo to N8ii firmware and the system has identified that as a viable alternative wallpaper. We shall remove the photo in the next firmware.

Wallpaper 01.jpg
Wallpaper 02.jpg
Wallpaper 03.jpg
Wallpaper 04.jpg
Awesome! Thanks Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back