Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
May 17, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #3,676 of 5,571
@Andykong

Thank you and yes I understand that this mode is not appropriate.

On the other hand, unless I am mistaken, it is not distortion that I hear but a crackling in the background of the music (the background of the music is not a deep black).

Are we talking about the same thing ?

This might involve the details design and installation of Infinity MK2, may I suggest you take this question to the IEM manufacturer? I can't tell without hearing it, or knowing the structure of the IEM.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 17, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #3,677 of 5,571
This might involve the details design and installation of Infinity MK2, may I suggest you take this question to the IEM manufacturer? I can't tell without hearing it, or knowing the structure of the IEM.

@Andykong

Yes I had already asked my dealer. And he thinks it comes from the cleanliness of the N8ii's amplification.

Now I'm not an expert, but what I can say as in my first message, only in P+ mode in 4.4 or 3.5mm output, I have this slight crackling (absence of deep black in the background of music) for my two IEMs (rhapsodio infinity MK2 (109db/12.5ohms) and final FI-BA-SS (112db/16ohms)).

So, in my opinion, maybe this is normal? to be confirmed by you or other users.

May 17, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #3,678 of 5,571
Hi everyone,I seem to be a bit stuck i know very little about audio so please treat me with kid gloves.
I have a Cayin n8ii with a copper cable straight to Meze elites.
I seem to be having a issue with streaming playback and i was wondering if anyone else has seen this ?

1st time 2 - 3 hours of playback then a message appeared saying "There was a connection problem Retry"
I cleared the cache turned Cayin off and on again i could not get it to work thought it must be my wireless home network restarted that (everything else was fine on the wireless network at the time).

Next day switched the unit back on and still not working switched it off again.

Uninstalled Tidal ...Reinstalled still the same.

Set the unit back with a factory reset reinstalled Tidal Ta Da all good.

2nd time last night after 3 odd hours skipping through tidal to a new track suddenly same message appears "There was a connection problem Retry" battery at 78%, Next day started unit up same message.

Any ideas please.

Thanks in advance.
Sovs

May 17, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #3,679 of 5,571
@Andykong

Yes I had already asked my dealer. And he thinks it comes from the cleanliness of the N8ii's amplification.

Now I'm not an expert, but what I can say as in my first message, only in P+ mode in 4.4 or 3.5mm output, I have this slight crackling (absence of deep black in the background of music) for my two IEMs (rhapsodio infinity MK2 (109db/12.5ohms) and final FI-BA-SS (112db/16ohms)).

So, in my opinion, maybe this is normal? to be confirmed by you or other users.

In my opinion, this is normal.

May 17, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #3,680 of 5,571
Hi everyone,I seem to be a bit stuck i know very little about audio so please treat me with kid gloves.
I have a Cayin n8ii with a copper cable straight to Meze elites.
I seem to be having a issue with streaming playback and i was wondering if anyone else has seen this ?

1st time 2 - 3 hours of playback then a message appeared saying "There was a connection problem Retry"
I cleared the cache turned Cayin off and on again i could not get it to work thought it must be my wireless home network restarted that (everything else was fine on the wireless network at the time).

Next day switched the unit back on and still not working switched it off again.

Uninstalled Tidal ...Reinstalled still the same.

Set the unit back with a factory reset reinstalled Tidal Ta Da all good.

2nd time last night after 3 odd hours skipping through tidal to a new track suddenly same message appears "There was a connection problem Retry" battery at 78%, Next day started unit up same message.

Any ideas please.

Thanks in advance.
Sovs

The error message is an alert from a third-party application, it is not an error message from the N8ii Android system.

Let's start to debut your situation by clearing the Cache of the Tidal application:
  1. Open the Settings application on your device.
  2. Head over to Apps Menu.
  3. Choose Installed Applications.
  4. Find the Application you want to Clear the App Data of.
  5. Select it, and Move to the Storage Tab.
  6. Hit Clear Storage/Clear App Data.
Caching is when either the OS or apps themselves download temporary files to your device so that they can be retrieved more quickly for faster operation and load times later. There are two main caches on an Android phone, the Chrome cache and the app cache. If clearing the Tidal app cache doesn't recover the app to normal operation, the next test will be clearing the Chrome Cache in the Android system. You can find out more detail about the App Cache and Chrome Cache HERE.

By the way, can you try to install another streaming app such as Spotify to verify whether this is a system level error or app. level error?

May 17, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #3,681 of 5,571
The error message is an alert from a third-party application, it is not an error message from the N8ii Android system.

Let's start to debut your situation by clearing the Cache of the Tidal application:
Caching is when either the OS or apps themselves download temporary files to your device so that they can be retrieved more quickly for faster operation and load times later. There are two main caches on an Android phone, the Chrome cache and the app cache. If clearing the Tidal app cache doesn't recover the app to normal operation, the next test will be clearing the Chrome Cache in the Android system. You can find out more detail about the App Cache and Chrome Cache HERE.

By the way, can you try to install another streaming app such as Spotify to verify whether this is a system level error or app. level error?
Thank you for your reply,

I cleared the cache for Tidal a couple of times that didn't help at all, it was only a complete factory reset that worked.

I will clear the Chrome cache when i get home later.

I will install Spotify and try that, Another odd thing was it is clearly on my home network as it is downloading images and video i will try and see if the video on Tidal has audio later.

Once again Thank you for your reply.

May 17, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #3,682 of 5,571
@Andykong

On the other hand, unless I am mistaken, it is not distortion that I hear but a crackling in the background of the music (the background of the music is not a deep black).

If you pause the music and still hear it then it is the power. If you hear nothing when it’s paused it’s most likely the recording or the IEM’s upper treble

May 17, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #3,683 of 5,571

Just got home cleared cache on Tidal still won't play.

Here's a interesting thing tried Tidal video and works fine with sound switched back to albums nope won't play.

I cannot find Chrome on the player to clear cache.

I can try another factory reset and reinstall Tidal again this player only has a tidal icon (which the dealer put on) and cayin/via/timeline/file manager/google play app

Thank you for your help
Sovs

May 17, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #3,684 of 5,571
Just got home cleared cache on Tidal still won't play.

Here's a interesting thing tried Tidal video and works fine with sound switched back to albums nope won't play.

I cannot find Chrome on the player to clear cache.

I can try another factory reset and reinstall Tidal again this player only has a tidal icon (which the dealer put on) and cayin/via/timeline/file manager/google play app

Thank you for your help
Sovs
Automatic time!!! switched it on and instantly it will play music.

Time zone was also incorrect it was set to United States Not U.K.

Fingers crossed .... Back to listening :)

Thank you for your help
Sovs

May 17, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #3,686 of 5,571
Automatic time!!! switched it on and instantly it will play music.

Time zone was also incorrect it was set to United States Not U.K.

Fingers crossed .... Back to listening :)

Thank you for your help
Sovs

Amazing, I really didn't see this coming. Glad I learned a trick to help my users later on. :beerchug:

May 17, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #3,687 of 5,571

Or try Tidal from USB Audio Player PRO, instead of through the Tidal app itself.

May 17, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #3,688 of 5,571
@Andykong

When you overload an audio Amp output you will make it operate beyond its linear range and if further overloaded it will clip and behave like a switch or flip flop and it's possible that is what you hear, very low impedance is getting close to a short-circuit
Like @Andykong said when you have low efficient high impedance headphones you use the P+ mode and operate the Amp in class AB mode to get more driving power, though the most linear mode of the Amp is class A mode which is P. In praise of Cayin the audio signature doesn't change much going from different modes ... but don't overload it deliberately by using P+ on very low impedance and very high efficiency.... Why???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back