Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Aug 14, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #2,237 of 3,873
Aug 14, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #2,239 of 3,873
Has anyone used a 512tb card in the N8? I tried a Sandisk from amazon and my MacBook was able to read and write to it with no issues. Once initially inserted into the N8 I could see the folders, but after running Scan no music was picked up and going back into folders now showed the card as empty. Placing it back in my Mac, all was there and able to be read perfectly. I tried this multiple times, all with the same result. I have a much smaller Sandisk card (64gb) that does work. Any thoughts? Tks.
I had to switch from SanDisk to Samsung cards to get them to work in my AR-M2, every time I booted it up with the SanDisk it would jitter "card removed/card inserted" dozens of times before stabilising. So I've just switched to Samsung completely now. I'm going to buy a 512gb soon so I'll find out whether it works in the N8. This is no help to you now, though, sorry.

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #2,240 of 3,873
No I’m using about 540GB, I can fill it completely and report back later if you like.
That would be nice. Thanks

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #2,242 of 3,873
Do the cards need to be formatted in any special way? I was just using them right out of the package. Tks.
Same , I just use as is.

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #2,243 of 3,873
Has anyone used a 512tb card in the N8? I tried a Sandisk from amazon and my MacBook was able to read and write to it with no issues. Once initially inserted into the N8 I could see the folders, but after running Scan no music was picked up and going back into folders now showed the card as empty. Placing it back in my Mac, all was there and able to be read perfectly. I tried this multiple times, all with the same result. I have a much smaller Sandisk card (64gb) that does work. Any thoughts? Tks.
YIPES

i just ordered a samsung 512 GB a few days ago

I am also have bad issues with internal/local storage,and have taken all Cayin advice to fix,no success

Every so often when i go to that storage i am told"No music or No memory card"

But a music scan scans them

Maybe after a few reboots its back

This concerns me esp with a 4500.00 DAP

The 1st one i got failed on the balanced after a few hours after opening ,i was w/out a proper N8 DAP for about a month

Cayin policy is to send it back to the shop to verify the issue,as it seems they don`t trust a customers word?

They could not replicate the issue,so my choice was get that DAP back,or a demo unit

i took the demo,now i have this issue

Now i may have to go through all this process again,and since this is maybe a more complex problem,i may well be w/out my purchase again,and if they cant replicate i am totally inconvenienced again

i loved my N6,never 1 issue,questions i asked were always answered

i love the N8 epic sound,but with this purchase, i am concerned Cayin do not have a customer 1st policy, but a US 1st policy

i don`t want to bash anyone,but i am very concerned for the future of a very expensive purchase

i never totally relax and enjoy music,as i worry about the product,and what if this gets worse

i have to tell the truth,not to start a bash up

Next purchase this will factor into my decision

i have spent tons of money on gear, cameras, PCs, audio, laptops, etc

i dont buy cheap gear,and when any of those top of the lines failed in just hours or weeks,every time i was offered a full refund,or a brand new replacement

i am not sure why Cayins model is not so consumer oriented this way

If anyone else has stories either way to share,that will be welcome mates

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #2,245 of 3,873
Cost I think.

Full size SDCards are cheaper for 1TB and you can go upto 2TB (if N8 will read it) so maybe something like this. It would fold round and stick to the back of the N8 with sticky foam. You wouldn't see it when in a leather case.

Cheers mates for tips

Months back @Andykong said he has a full-size External HDD(wall powered so No battery drain from the HDD?) 6 or 8 TB? working on N8

i need to ask,as i have a ton of those HDDs, how does one go from the full size(Thin style) usb 3 to USB C for N8?

Cheers

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #2,246 of 3,873
I had to switch from SanDisk to Samsung cards to get them to work in my AR-M2, every time I booted it up with the SanDisk it would jitter "card removed/card inserted" dozens of times before stabilising. So I've just switched to Samsung completely now. I'm going to buy a 512gb soon so I'll find out whether it works in the N8. This is no help to you now, though, sorry.
Please let me know. Tks.

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #2,247 of 3,873
Well I've caved in and bought a silver one. It arrives tomorrow and I look forward to hearing it.

Aug 15, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #2,249 of 3,873
Well I've caved in and bought a silver one. It arrives tomorrow and I look forward to hearing it.
Congratulations! I found it improved with about 200 hours on it (tube and solid state). Could be in my head, but on a track I use for harsh treble, I felt it got a touch smoother making the treble on the tube even better. Enjoy and let us all know what you think.
If you are interested in a good case, I recommend the Dignis. There are other recommendations in this thread as well. Enjoy.

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #2,250 of 3,873
It arrived today and I've had a quick listen. Absolutely stunning sound. Very deep and musical. More listening later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back