Xuelin H6 (ihifi1969) review and impressions
Jan 1, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #17 of 79
I'm looking forward to your impressions as i'm interested in this DAP, as my 990 is still my favourite.

Bypassed the the Omron relay in my 990 now too, it will help with slight sound improvement but mostly made room for a second 1000uf Cap. The power on and off pop doesn't bother me at all, kind of nostalgic, the sound of this awsome DAP is now even more amazing with 2 x Nichicon KW 1000uf in parallel with the origibal Kemet 330uf.

IMG_20190101_175416.jpg

IMG_20190101_184955.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #18 of 79
Bypassed the the Omron relay in my 990 now too, it will help with slight sound improvement but mostly made room for a second 1000uf Cap. The power on and off pop doesn't bother me at all, kind of nostalgic, the sound of this awsome DAP is now even more amazing with 2 x Nichicon KW 1000uf in parallel with the origibal Kemet 330uf.
Awesome! Does 990 make popping sound when you poke power button while dap is powered off? 1969 makes those quite loud pops and dc offset spikes when doing that. Btw case of your 990 looks black, or is it just lighting of photo?

Jan 5, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #19 of 79
I would buy this for $250 max, current price is too high. The digital section is just bad, no source decoupling from the cpu and only one clock at 24mhz meaning 16/44 content is not being played back at a native clock. It's such a shame because the analog section looks awesome.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #20 of 79
Awesome! Does 990 make popping sound when you poke power button while dap is powered off? 1969 makes those quite loud pops and dc offset spikes when doing that. Btw case of your 990 looks black, or is it just lighting of photo?

Not that i've noticed, i'll give it ago. Its actually an ATC HDA-DP20 which is a rebranded xuelin as you can see on the motherboard but comes in black.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #21 of 79
Hi dude, I haven't noticed, i'll give it a try tomorrow. Yeah, its the ATC HDA-DP20 which is rebadged in a slightly different case but as you can see from the motherboard its xuelin.
And have you seen

Not that i've noticed, i'll give it ago. Its actually an ATC HDA-DP20 which is a rebranded xuelin as you can see on the motherboard but comes in black.
Oh cool, I actually thought it could be that ATC model as those seem to be available as black. My 1969 also along with pops flashes its side screen when on button is poked, seems kind of design flaw I think, it's possible though that 990 doesn't have those pops. But my ihifi780 actually behaves the same way as 1969 but that pop or more like zap is very silent and not even very noticeable.

Jan 5, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #22 of 79
Lol, i fell asleep replying last night, didn't realise it had put my unfinished message at the beginning (edited now)
No thier are no pops when off and poking the power button.
The only small pops are at power on and power off now that i've removed/bypassed the relay.

P.s. have you seen the new Xuelin Tuner DAP !
Wow !

Jan 5, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #23 of 79
Lol, i fell asleep replying last night, didn't realise it had put my unfinished message at the beginning (edited now)
No thier are no pops when off and poking the power button.
The only small pops are at power on and power off now that i've removed/bypassed the relay.

P.s. have you seen the new Xuelin Tuner DAP !
Wow !
haha :dt880smile: . Well nice, seems like 990 is designed better. Yeah I've seen pictures of new Xuelin dap, front layout looks a lot like 990, I like it. Tuning module system looks neat indeed!

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #26 of 79
Out of the blue Xuelin announced a Tube amp option for the H6 (ihifi 1969) releasing in October. Existing users can buy the Amp with a new cnc'd rear cover for the tubes or new buyers can buy the H6 with tubes.

Really bad pictures but the best I have right now.

e836e23cgy1g5wz6u24r1j20nm0bm0xe.jpg e836e23cgy1g5wzajmpiij20fz08zq7y.jpg e836e23cgy1g5wz6tjzf0j20nm0fqk2b.jpg e836e23cgy1g5wz6tpuxbj20nm0fqthu.jpg

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #27 of 79
Out of the blue Xuelin announced a Tube amp option for the H6 (ihifi 1969) releasing in October. Existing users can buy the Amp with a new cnc'd rear cover for the tubes or new buyers can buy the H6 with tubes.
Very interesting! So does this mean there will be tube edition of ihifi1969 and also some kind of tube amp extension to original transistor ihifi1969? I wonder is that tube amp extension internal or external, because how can it be connected to ihifi1969 since there doesn't seem to be any contacts or port to contact new tube amp? Anyway really interesting, I have read also that there have been second revision of ihifi1969, but I don't know the details because can't read chinese and don't know where to look.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #28 of 79
Very interesting! So does this mean there will be tube edition of ihifi1969 and also some kind of tube amp extension to original transistor ihifi1969? I wonder is that tube amp extension internal or external, because how can it be connected to ihifi1969 since there doesn't seem to be any contacts or port to contact new tube amp? Anyway really interesting, I have read also that there have been second revision of ihifi1969, but I don't know the details because can't read chinese and don't know where to look.

Hi mate, i'm taking it from that question that the amp section is soldered to the main board? Hard to tell from the pics. I was thinking it must be pluggable if the amp section is replaceable with a tube amp. In that case they must be offering china users the option to send in their H6 for the amp change.

But yes their is going to be a tube amp version.

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #29 of 79
Hi mate, i'm taking it from that question that the amp section is soldered to the main board? Hard to tell from the pics. I was thinking it must be pluggable if the amp section is replaceable with a tube amp. In that case they must be offering china users the option to send in their H6 for the amp change.

But yes their is going to be a tube amp version.
Yeah looks like whole top board which is amp section is different on those tube version pics. But as the amp section is soldered to main board I don't see how they could offer tube amp board to existing ihifi1969 owners as its installing isn't just simple plug and play. Xuelin could of course offer amp upgrade service, but it would be too much hassle to send it to china, I think. But the concept of portable tube amp dap is pretty exciting. Where did you get those pics by the way?

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #30 of 79
Yeah looks like whole top board which is amp section is different on those tube version pics. But as the amp section is soldered to main board I don't see how they could offer tube amp board to existing ihifi1969 owners as its installing isn't just simple plug and play. Xuelin could of course offer amp upgrade service, but it would be too much hassle to send it to china, I think. But the concept of portable tube amp dap is pretty exciting. Where did you get those pics by the way?

it could be really cool

https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404404503058186267&jumpfrom=weibocom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back