Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Jan 21, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #1,442 of 3,873
Sorry for coming in late. I was fully occupied by CanJam New York preparation. This is our annual routine, we'll exhibit in three to four international shows during Feb to May every year, so January is always the most busy time when we prepare all the marketing material for these events. For the record, we'll attend CanJam New York (Feb 2019), CanJam Singapore (March 2019) and Munich High End (May 2019) this year.

The volume knob, playback control knob and the triangular Home buttons are all gold-plated brass. I'll try to ask for photo of these knobs/button before the gold plated process, but that will take a while. We'll start our Chinese New Year holiday soon, and all manufacturing plants in China are wrapping up their operation for the long break right now, so please be patient with us.

I would like to see the photo of the knobs/button before the gold plated process because I got some brass products (DITA Brass) and I know the feeling of the brass under the finger and my unit is clearly not in brass. Or you used so very thick and light brass with a lot of gold paint and that's just looking like and feeling like bad plastic. That just seem poorly built. Everybody I shows it also thought that is plastic but I won't break my knob to check inside.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #1,443 of 3,873
Sorry for coming in late. I was fully occupied by CanJam New York preparation. This is our annual routine, we'll exhibit in three to four international shows during Feb to May every year, so January is always the most busy time when we prepare all the marketing material for these events. For the record, we'll attend CanJam New York (Feb 2019), CanJam Singapore (March 2019) and Munich High End (May 2019) this year.

The volume knob, playback control knob and the triangular Home buttons are all gold-plated brass. I'll try to ask for photo of these knobs/button before the gold plated process, but that will take a while. We'll start our Chinese New Year holiday soon, and all manufacturing plants in China are wrapping up their operation for the long break right now, so please be patient with us.

Looking forward to meet you at CanJam NY

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #1,444 of 3,873
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 21, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #1,445 of 3,873
Jan 21, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #1,446 of 3,873
Vannuys released a leather protective case for N8 today:
http://www.vannuys.co.jp/official/new_item/vd958/

vd598_head.jpg

vd598_18.jpg

vd598_20.jpg
vd598_21.jpg

vd598_25.jpg

PS. Obviously I don't know Japanese, I use the Translate feature in Chrome to provide a convenient reading, if you are fluent in Japanese, maybe you can tell use more about the description in the Vannuys product page.
Hope the shops here in Hong Kong will sell them soon.

Jan 21, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #1,449 of 3,873
Jan 22, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #1,451 of 3,873
FYI -

新support <support@vannuys.co.jp>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 7:44 PM
To: xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: About carrying case for Cayin N8

I'm sorry. We do not accept orders from outside Japan.
That's, a shame, they're probably going to miss a fair few sales opportunities there, it's a lovely looking case. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who makes regular trips to Japan.

Jan 22, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #1,452 of 3,873
FYI -

新support <support@vannuys.co.jp>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 7:44 PM
To: xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: About carrying case for Cayin N8

I'm sorry. We do not accept orders from outside Japan.
Guess I'll have to wait until March when I go to Tokyo for the Download Fest.

Jan 22, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #1,454 of 3,873
I have a problem with the display on my Cayin N8. When I search for an artist or a music album the drop down list slows down and displays duplicate information, the screen bug. I have random display errors. I did a firmware ugrade and i did a factory reset but I have the same problem !!!
Do you have a idea
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #1,455 of 3,873
I would like to see the photo of the knobs/button before the gold plated process because I got some brass products (DITA Brass) and I know the feeling of the brass under the finger and my unit is clearly not in brass. Or you used so very thick and light brass with a lot of gold paint and that's just looking like and feeling like bad plastic. That just seem poorly built. Everybody I shows it also thought that is plastic but I won't break my knob to check inside.

OK, this is the deal.

All the buttons and dials in our components inventory are gold-plated already. We do these in large batch to control cost. If I wait for another batch of button and dials, will probably take 6-8 months. For those who understand manufacturing should know why we do this is bigger batch.

After a thorough discussion, we decided to take one of each button/dial and remove part of the gold-plated surface so that the brass material can be displayed again. This is what I received from the production supervisor.

N8 brass buttons.jpg

I hope we can drop this allegation from here on, but I guess this won't change your conclusion that N8 is poorly built anyway.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back