Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Jul 11, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #3,392 of 3,873
Jul 11, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #3,393 of 3,873
Can you please tell, what was wrong with it for you?
Don't do hard questions, SP2000 is great you are right, don't pay attention to people with brand hate problems, he don't even have one, you see I have the CU version and had the N8, the sp2000 has a more deeper and organic sound, don't enter in this psicológic games, you have one of the greatest Dap in actuality

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #3,395 of 3,873
Don't do hard questions, SP2000 is great you are right, don't pay attention to people with brand hate problems, he don't even have one, you see I have the CU version and had the N8, the sp2000 has a more deeper and organic sound, don't enter in this psicológic games, you have one of the greatest Dap in actuality
Thanks! Really loving it.

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #3,396 of 3,873
I had five AK daps , had them and glad I dold them. Why are you still here ? You the AK protector , you know you want another dap.

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #3,397 of 3,873
Jul 11, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,402 of 3,873
Jul 11, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #3,403 of 3,873
Ok folks, let’s chill. If we can note issues with Cayin players without getting testy, then what’s the harm?
Now, I purchased a Cayin N8BB and it’s been in service for 5 months (2 separate services). I’ve owned it a year. These issues are notably.
1. Hardware issues on delicate gold knobs.
2. Software locks when downgrading.
Even though my experience with Cayin hasn’t been the best, I don’t have much negative feelings because I’ve dealt with a great store, MUSICTECK. Andrew has been gracious to repair my unit and provide a Lotoo Paw Gold Touch during servicing.

Now, if Cayin offered a loyalty upgrade program for the next flagship, this would certainly help smooth over early adopters having to deal with the faulty hardware/software during N8 ownership. I ask Cayin to please consider this.

But attacking Cayin over and over doesn’t add any value or help anyone. When making a flagship device, there WILL be issues especially if it’s uncharted waters for the company.
I give Cayin some leeway as NO ONE has done tubes in this form factor yet. Even in solid state mode, the N8 sound is the best I’ve heard. Only beaten by DMP Z1.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #3,405 of 3,873
I had five AK daps , had them and glad I dold them. Why are you still here ? You the AK protector , you know you want another dap.

I've had three AK daps (SP1000ss/M for over a year and SP2000 for about 2 weeks) but have none at the moment because
I couldn't work with the dap having no EQ. No doubt AK has much better user interface and software but provides no EQ support,
except the fake 'eye-candy' EQ. Is EQ too hard to incorporate into dap? Even N8 couldn't EQ the high res file above 16bit/48khz
so must not be easy. Sound wise I found AK acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back