Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Feb 6, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #3,181 of 3,873
Streaming doesn't add hiss.

Feb 6, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #3,182 of 3,873
Hello, last week I bought the SanDisk 1to for my new Cayin N8. I notice that from time to time the dap is not able anymore to read the files in my library. Me library is like empty. The only solution then is to restart the Dap. Did anyone experience the same kind of problem with this card?
Is there a solution to this problem?
I have the last firmware installed on the Dap

Feb 6, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #3,183 of 3,873
hi everyone, can I ask what is the difference between the regular N8 and the black brass N8

Kindly if anyone knows share with me the differences before making an order for N8

I also would like an answer on this ???

Feb 6, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #3,184 of 3,873
yeah without knowing an answer to this i might has to stick to my beloved cayin n6ii, as i am 100% dependent on streaming

Feb 6, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #3,185 of 3,873
There's no issues with streaming, just means you need to have your phone or other streaming transport with bt along side your N8.

Theres 1st hand subjective opinions of BB vs SS earlier on in this thread.

Andy kong made a good technical post about the BB when it came out.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #3,186 of 3,873
Hello, last week I bought the SanDisk 1to for my new Cayin N8. I notice that from time to time the dap is not able anymore to read the files in my library. Me library is like empty. The only solution then is to restart the Dap. Did anyone experience the same kind of problem with this card?
Is there a solution to this problem?
I have the last firmware installed on the Dap

I experienced this once too. But I use a SAMSUNG card. Recently I stopped using an external card and am putting my music on the DAP’s onboard storage. But in the 2 weeks when I had the card in there, it happened only once.

A couple of people who had tried both had shared that the BB is ever so slightly less warmer than the SS resulting in slightly better transparency and detail retrieval. Andy has also said that, because of the difference in thermal properties between Steel and Brass, BB runs 2degree cooler than the SS.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #3,187 of 3,873
I have no doubt it works better with the local memory, but 1to is so much better and bigger than the local storage;=)
I experienced this once too. But I use a SAMSUNG card. Recently I stopped using an external card and am putting my music on the DAP’s onboard storage. But in the 2 weeks when I had the card in there, it happened only once.

A couple of people who had tried both had shared that the BB is ever so slightly less warmer than the SS resulting in slightly better transparency and detail retrieval. Andy has also said that, because of the difference in thermal properties between Steel and Brass, BB runs 2degree cooler than the SS.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #3,190 of 3,873
Oh, I am not asking you to move to internal storage. I just said that, since I stopped using SD card, there was no way for me to know if that occurrence on my unit was an isolated incident, or a recurrent issue. Did you try formatting the card on your N8 and loading music on it? Sometimes that have fixed issues in DAPs. If you have already tried it, then perhaps you could try a new SD card.

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #3,191 of 3,873
Oh, I am not asking you to move to internal storage. I just said that, since I stopped using SD card, there was no way for me to know if that occurrence on my unit was an isolated incident, or a recurrent issue. Did you try formatting the card on your N8 and loading music on it? Sometimes that have fixed issues in DAPs. If you have already tried it, then perhaps you could try a new SD card.
No but I will try, I know I have the same kinds of problem with a tablet and a micro SD a few years ago. It is likely a problem of compatibility which could be eventually solved with the right formatting or the next firmware. I will ask Cayin if they made some tests with the 1to SanDisk and the N8. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back