Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Jun 10, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #1,981 of 3,873
Today was no better than yesterday

On my 1st correspondance, i was told to send back to the distributor, and he will acknowledge receipt, and Cayin in China will send him a new N8, then he sends to me, that`s bad enough, but today i am told the distributor is trying to replicate the (intermittent) problem,& until he does China will not ship the new unit

John,Cayin China flat out says NO, he will not send new unit and i need to urge distributor to hurry the process

No,i am not joking

i quote

"We are waiting for their instruction and confirmation. Without their instruction and confirmation, we cannot ship out the unit."

This is some **** way to treat someone who spent over 4k on their flagship

Am i paranoid? Am i basically being called a liar? i am not sure what i am trying to gain in their eyes by saying my N8 failed over a mth ago, after only hours of use, on the same day i opened the box

It def. appears my word is being questioned, but to what ends,i am not asking for anything more than what i paid for

Or is less than a days enjoyment more than enough to expect from a 4k plus DAP

Maybe i should have gone with luxury and precision?

I am told i have 60 days to ask my card for a refund.that option is now in play
The issue you are having seems to be mostly caused by the seller. A reputable seller should have been able to refund you, or set up the replacement immediately( while you wait for delivery ). At this point I would recommend having your cc company seek a refund. I am not sure that is quick, but it sure seems like the way to go if possible. Once all refunded, purchase it from MusicTek and request a 30 day full refund period. Andrew will work with you.
I have had no problems with my BB N8. So so do feel the product is well made. Every company can have a lemon now and then. And if you dropped it without the case, that could be the cause. In any event, get the refund. Good luck.

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #1,982 of 3,873
Jun 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #1,983 of 3,873
The issue you are having seems to be mostly caused by the seller. A reputable seller should have been able to refund you, or set up the replacement immediately( while you wait for delivery ). At this point I would recommend having your cc company seek a refund. I am not sure that is quick, but it sure seems like the way to go if possible. Once all refunded, purchase it from MusicTek and request a 30 day full refund period. Andrew will work with you.
I have had no problems with my BB N8. So so do feel the product is well made. Every company can have a lemon now and then. And if you dropped it without the case, that could be the cause. In any event, get the refund. Good luck.

Cheers mate

i keep hearing it`s the seller's responsibility/issue

i honestly never thought of it from that angle, and am beginning to re-evaluate this issue from that angle

He told me he was out of N8, his site verifies that he is not lying, and he offered me a demo unit

As i recall he told me the distributor has not got him any yet

From there he referred me to the distributor, and I've also been in contact with John of Cayin

Re-seller cannot get any without the distributor, who is also in on this play,as he has it put on him to replicate this intermittent issue i had

So i am between the re-seller, distributor, and John from Cayin

For the love of all that is,i would imagine someone in this chain could get me a new N8 instead of this dick around

Maybe i am simple, but am i hoping for too much for John in China, to say to the distributor, send me the faulty one i am sending you a new one to send him, we value our customer's satisfaction

Cayin is well aware,and so far just refers me to the distributor, and suggests i urge him to speed this up

i hear you about the seller, and add that it is Cayins brand and reputation, resellers come and go

Cayin has absolute power to satisfy me, they know the issue, they are well aware of my strife and refuse to help, instead run me around while the distributor tries to replicate an intermittent issue

PS No i never dropped it

Cheers for the new perspective on this re the re-seller

PS i was on hold with my Credit card near an hour,and then the call dropped

Man who has no luck

Gunna try to crash now

Cheers mates

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #1,984 of 3,873
Cheers mate

i keep hearing it`s the seller's responsibility/issue

i honestly never thought of it from that angle, and am beginning to re-evaluate this issue from that angle

He told me he was out of N8, his site verifies that he is not lying, and he offered me a demo unit

As i recall he told me the distributor has not got him any yet

From there he referred me to the distributor, and I've also been in contact with John of Cayin

Re-seller cannot get any without the distributor, who is also in on this play,as he has it put on him to replicate this intermittent issue i had

So i am between the re-seller, distributor, and John from Cayin

For the love of all that is,i would imagine someone in this chain could get me a new N8 instead of this dick around

Maybe i am simple, but am i hoping for too much for John in China, to say to the distributor, send me the faulty one i am sending you a new one to send him, we value our customer's satisfaction

Cayin is well aware,and so far just refers me to the distributor, and suggests i urge him to speed this up

i hear you about the seller, and add that it is Cayins brand and reputation, resellers come and go

Cayin has absolute power to satisfy me, they know the issue, they are well aware of my strife and refuse to help, instead run me around while the distributor tries to replicate an intermittent issue

PS No i never dropped it

Cheers for the new perspective on this re the re-seller

PS i was on hold with my Credit card near an hour,and then the call dropped

Man who has no luck

Gunna try to crash now

Cheers mates
You had me laughing while reading the end of your post. I agree, you do not have any luck. Though I had a feeling dealing with the cc company may not be so easy. Please keep us posted on that.
As far as the problem, manufacturers are typically set up to fix product under warranty, meaning it would have to be sent to them, and you will have to wait for it to be fixed. They are not there to simply send out new ones directly to the consumer should there be an issue. If a product is dead on arrival as yours was, that is the seller’s issue. The seller should replace, or provide a stand-in while “they” have the manufacturer fix the issue. This business about the distributor having to replicate I do not understand at all. That sounds like you are getting the “run around.”
I will say it is a great sounding DAP. Good luck with all of this. I recently had an issue with the Noble Khan, but I had them send me emails stating I could return it if there was an issue. There was, and they were good enough to refund me the money. So you are not alone in running into issues with IEM/DAP products. Again, good luck.

Jun 11, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #1,986 of 3,873
Jun 11, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #1,988 of 3,873
Did you share your impressions ? I probably missed it
Yes I did. Stated the dx220 sounded better for me than the Lotoo. But the dx220 is a good MID HIFI. You should ask this in the generic dx220 thread.

Jun 11, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #1,990 of 3,873
Got it, have you moved to BB yet ? Or still original
Wanted to, but it will pretty much sound very close to the SS. I will demo it, but most likely wait for version 2 ? I have used various other daps since owning the N8 and each yime I go back to the N8 I re noticed the magic tge N8 reveals.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #1,991 of 3,873
Wanted to, but it will pretty much sound very close to the SS. I will demo it, but most likely wait for version 2 ? I have used various other daps since owning the N8 and each yime I go back to the N8 I re noticed the magic tge N8 reveals.
I don’t believe Cayin is going out for V2 anytime soon LOL! But that sound like a solid plan

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #1,993 of 3,873

Cayin N8 SS Review by Currawong

Anyone has comparison between SS and Brass? Thanks :)

"for people who wants the BEST sound".

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #1,994 of 3,873
Well i was sent a new N8 from dealer

It`s on FW 2.0, maybe its all in my head, but my HD800s did not sound this epic on 2.3

i know FW is not supposed to influence the sound, so i 've heard

My questions are

1. i`m using balanced for my HD800s, and in the menu i discovered -LO-Balanced mode(Maybe that's why the cans sound so epic,i never used that b4).So much power

My concern is,i noticed in that mode there is no control over volume what so ever,it seems preset by that option(Man will you be surprised if you have the system set to continue from a song u left off on..BOOM!!)

Is this normal,is my N8 ok? Is there a way i can control volume from this setting?

Changing anything like gain as well has no effect while in this mode

2. Advice on a quick charger was given before, from Andy, but just on brands,i will take his advice and get an aukey

i do not want to damage my N8 or the battery so i ask you, can i get a quick charger with too much wattage?

i have found QC chargers from 18 watts to 60 watts, but i think the 60 watts may be divided between the 4 ports, where the 18 watt is a single port

i figure more watts = a faster charge? Am i correct?

Can i overdo the wattage on a QC and damage my N8 or battery?

Is the wattage the N8 limited to Ie 18 Watts, but does it have a safety that will only allow the Ie 18 watts, no matter how many watts my QC will be capable of?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back