Cayin N7: A Voyager of Unexplored Frontier
Mar 22, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #766 of 1,852
I just sold my N6ii Ti (R01+T01) and bought N7.
I hope i'd like N7 and on paper would be complementary to my DX320X (AMP11.2S / AMP14)
If i understood N7 would have similar RU6 tuning! :)
I am the happy new owner, thank you to this man for his kindness and his availability, happy that it helped to finance your new toy 🙏

Mar 22, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #767 of 1,852
for those who believe in miracles...
N8ii still the best player with the best sound
I have both now
It's still the flagship! It should be the best!

Mar 22, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #768 of 1,852
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #770 of 1,852
I am the happy new owner, thank you to this man for his kindness and his availability, happy that it helped to finance your new toy 🙏
thanks again for smooth deal and great communication!
I’m pretty sure you’ll love N6ii ti as I done!

Mar 22, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #771 of 1,852
Can the level of N7 only be fixed at 4V when using line out? Can't the gain be adjusted?
The line out of N7 is fixed at 2.0V single-ended, 4.0V balanced. Gain is disabled at line out.

1679541321141.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 24, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #773 of 1,852
In our experience, we can change the sound signature quite easily through firmware updates, but genuine improvement is a challenge, and in many cases, the changes will please some users, but not everyone.

Cayin will stand by this practice in the foreseeable future.
What I was suggesting is if by firmware updates the audio performance can be more of what it currently is, which mean wringing out the audio limits of the current hardware implementation, then I would welcome it, not just altering the signature just to sound different. And I would like to believe that most synergy issues come from impedance matching, type of impedance between device and headphones, higher, lower, capacitive or more inductive etc, and this also gets complicated by the cables we use.and less with the firmware..and synergy issue will happen more when you actually change the device hardware itself(new device). But I love the Cayin DAPs anyway, I have come to trust their philosophy of sound, hence the more than 7 Cayin DAPs I have owned over the years, and still have 5 of them!

Mar 24, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #774 of 1,852
What I was suggesting is if by firmware updates the audio performance can be more of what it currently is, which mean wringing out the audio limits of the current hardware implementation, then I would welcome it, not just altering the signature just to sound different. And I would like to believe that most synergy issues come from impedance matching, type of impedance between device and headphones, higher, lower, capacitive or more inductive etc, and this also gets complicated by the cables we use.and less with the firmware..and synergy issue will happen more when you actually change the device hardware itself(new device). But I love the Cayin DAPs anyway, I have come to trust their philosophy of sound, hence the more than 7 Cayin DAPs I have owned over the years, and still have 5 of them!
It's an interesting dilemma and there's no doubt that cayin is one of those makers that seems to bring products they have made ready for the market at release. So FW updates would be mostly focused on getting and initial kinks out and not changing the primary sound signature.

For all the laughs or complaints we have about the GUI on L&P devices, the one great thing they brought to their players were sound tweaks in the form of profiles for specific, popular IEMs, like the Trailli and the IER-Z1R. God forbid they give you Gapless playback, but if you have IER-Z1R or any of the others, it's a great add on.

And my point is that if it is so easy for Cayin to change the sound thru FW as @Andykong says, then why not introduce specific sound signatures as choices for users to actively make while the default remains the primary tuning. If L&P could do that, clearly Cayin could. Would be cool.

Mar 27, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #776 of 1,852
Would anyone be able to share their experience on the tonal and technical differences between the Cayin RU6 and the N7?

This would really help me with my next move!

TIA,
Ian

Mar 28, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #777 of 1,852
Coming Soon .....

N7 Royal Blue Leather Case.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 28, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #778 of 1,852
Andykong

Looked on this forum but did not see "burn-in" recommendations for the N7.
You had some very good recommendations for the N8ii and was looking to see if you have similar words of wisdon for burn-in recommendations for the N7 since there is not the SS/Tubes section of the N8ii on the N7?
Length of Time? Just Burn in using Class A or split time on Class A and A/B?
Anything else I would need to consider?

Thanking you in advance?

Mar 28, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #779 of 1,852
Mar 28, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #780 of 1,852

Users who are viewing this thread

Back