Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 2, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #8,057 of 8,192
Which is better e01 or e02 ?
What does cayin n3 pro look like compared to cayin n6ii it's about sound quality cayin n3 pro I can buy in my city
there is no which better between E module, is just matter of liking, some even liking toward T module then others while i haven't try it yet, like i said before, i see my self using the E01 more then my E02, i'm not saying that E02 is not better then E01, just a matter of timbre, if u don't using headphones just get E01 vice versa.

Aug 2, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #8,058 of 8,192
there is no which better between E module, is just matter of liking, some even liking toward T module then others while i haven't try it yet, like i said before, i see my self using the E01 more then my E02, i'm not saying that E02 is not better then E01, just a matter of timbre, if u don't using headphones just get E01 vice versa.
even if he does use headphones, as long as it's not super hard to drive ones (and if he worries about money on midfi daps i doubt he'll have some susvara needy headphones) he'll be more than fine with the power the e01 offers.

Aug 3, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #8,059 of 8,192
Which is better e01 or e02 ?
What does cayin n3 pro look like compared to cayin n6ii it's about sound quality cayin n3 pro I can buy in my city
R01 sounds best.

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #8,061 of 8,192
In your opinion, the Sony NW WM1AM2 will be a better choice for the same money as the Cayin N6ii ?
The question is whether Sony can handle larger K702 or HD600 headphones ?
I'm not quite sure about those two, I do know my wm1a handled a pair of dt990 pro 250 ohms pretty well on single ended.

Maybe a hiby r6 pro ii will be a good choice

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #8,063 of 8,192
I am looking for a player who will not play clearly analytically precisely, but one that will cause a smile on my face and, if necessary, shivers on my back

This is a personal experience, so the combo that shivers your back doesn't necessarily impress me, and vice versa. Everybody listens differently, your choice of music and your personal preference is the biggest contribution, not the player.

In order to let others come up with reasonable suggestions, you need to provide some reference points. What player/headphones "cause a smile on my face" previously? Without solid reference points, there is a very slim chance that you'll receive RELEVANT suggestions.

The other option you need to mention is whether you listen to your personal music library or you need streaming support such as Tidal or Apple Music. We don't know your listening practice when you simply quote LV60 as your reference player.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 3, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #8,064 of 8,192
The best player I've owned and remember best was the Iriver H320 I've had for many years this player on Rockbox nothing sounded better for me then I was listening to my own music collection there were no streaming services back then my favorite headphones at that time were KPP and AKG k142hd I don't have a favorite genre of music, I listen to everything with a slight emphasis on the 80s This Lg v60 plays purely analytically cold sharply even soulless for me it plays because it plays but there is nothing that makes me happy to listen to music

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #8,065 of 8,192
Even though everyone else here is going to tell you to avoid A01 motherboard, I believe that your are going to enjoy the A01 the most for your taste because it is not sharp, it has great enhanced bass and good macro dynamics and a bit of warmth. It is the opposite of the LG that you have

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #8,067 of 8,192
The best player I've owned and remember best was the Iriver H320 I've had for many years this player on Rockbox nothing sounded better for me then I was listening to my own music collection there were no streaming services back then my favorite headphones at that time were KPP and AKG k142hd I don't have a favorite genre of music, I listen to everything with a slight emphasis on the 80s This Lg v60 plays purely analytically cold sharply even soulless for me it plays because it plays but there is nothing that makes me happy to listen to music
Even though everyone else here is going to tell you to avoid A01 motherboard, I believe that your are going to enjoy the A01 the most for your taste because it is not sharp, it has great enhanced bass and good macro dynamics and a bit of warmth. It is the opposite of the LG that you have

I agree with immortalsoul to a large extent. Among the Audio Motherboards we have in N6ii lineup, I would rank them as R01 > A01 > > E01 > E02 > T01 according to zxxxzxxxz's preference, so the A01 is a good start because it is readily available, within his budget, and offers better battery duration which a lot of new converts from mobile phone considered this as a given.

However I know nothing about tax consequences in his country, so I am offering my advice based on product characteristics, it is up to your personal judgment to evaluate the risk and add-on price when buying from oversee.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 3, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #8,068 of 8,192
So take this Cayin N6 ii For about 360 € with a01 will it be a good choice ?

I live in Germany and if I order it on ebay from Japan, I will have to pay some additional fees such as customs duty or some tax ?
360 Euro is a great bargain. Let's not forget that this configuration was 1000 euro not more than two years ago. To be honest I really like this dap so much that I have two currently for convenience to have a different motherboard in each

Aug 3, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #8,070 of 8,192
It depends. If the seller puts a lower value when he ships the product you might be able to get the product without paying VAT, but if the seller declare the value 360 then you might end up paying VAT. You need to check to see how much it is the VAT in your country

Users who are viewing this thread

Back