Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 26, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #8,041 of 8,192
Thanks for your input Mark. I was told to update the FW by the guy who sold me the unit but that universal fix for everything didn't make sense and I don't do FW updates unless they address an issue I have and which none did. It has to be a mechanical issue so: "When the balanced icon comes bob bob bobbin', I'll just keep tap, tap, tappin' along" until it dies completely and be done with it. I can't justify spending any money to solve it and to send it off to China for repair is not an option for me.

Oh, and by the way, did you know that so long as you're breathing it's not too late to repent? The word repent means to change your mind and direction away from the evil of this world and towards God. In however way you might be struggling, know that you are not alone, and you can turn your life around. God knows that if I could, so can you! Jesus knows you will go where you're looking. Don't look back because that is not where you are going. It's not where you've been that matters but where you're going. It takes the power of God to change you, but He will not help you unless you turn to Him. God will not force Himself upon you, but when invited, will not hold ANYTHING back and will give you all that you need to help you to the degree that you let Him. It takes but a single turn to change direction. "The Lord is patient toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9) God is calling out to you Mark, "Return to Me and I will return to you." (Zach 1:3) You are either walking with Him or away from Him. There is no middle ground! Until you turn away from your sin, you're going in the wrong direction. It is a loving Jesus who is calling out to us to repent, to turn our eyes to heaven that we would go there "The goodness of God leads you to repentance." (Romans 2:4)

MAKE THIS DAY YOUR TURNING POINT, "Behold, NOW is the acceptable time; behold, NOW is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6:2) Trust me brother, you'll be glad you did.
Which Audio Motherboards are involved? What is your current firmware number?

The problem is most likely a hardware issue. It can be as simple as a loosened connection and can be repaired by local technician. If you can locate a shop who can repair the 3.5mm connector of your mobile phone, they are most likely capable of repairing the 4.4mm phone connector of your Audio Motherboard.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 26, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #8,042 of 8,192
Greetings Mr. Andy and fellow forum peeps,

My N6ii that I've owned since it was first released has developed an issue that I can't permanently resolve. The problem is the player will not respond to any inputs because it's "stuck" on the balanced input indicated by the balanced input icon display. The icon appears despite the fact that there is no cable in the balanced input jack. It appears to be a mechanical issue with the jack since my workaround is to tap the top of the player until the balanced input icon disappears.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, please let me know if there is a way to solve it permanently. If not, perhaps Mr. Andy can suggest a fix.

Thanks.
I had this situation with another device, long story short: change the motherboard, its a faulty socket. PR find someone that can fix it. Good thing is that there's plenty of motherboards options

Aug 1, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #8,043 of 8,192
Cayin 30th Anniversary Banner RED.jpg

Cayin will celebrate its 30th Anniversary on August 2023, we shall launch FOUR 30th Anniversary Limited Edition products in the second half of 2023, one of which belongs to the "Personal Audio" category.

We shall announce more detail within the next 10 days, so please stay tuned with Limited Edition Product for Cayin's 30th Anniversary

Aug 2, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #8,044 of 8,192
Hello colleagues, will this Cayin n6 ii equipment sound much better than the LG v60 phone with a dedicated dac ESS system, currently I can buy it for 350 € I would sell it for 200 € I would add 150 € and I would have profesional listening device at home ?

Aug 2, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #8,045 of 8,192
Hello colleagues, will this Cayin n6 ii equipment sound much better than the LG v60 phone with a dedicated dac ESS system, currently I can buy it for 350 € I would sell it for 200 € I would add 150 € and I would have profesional listening device at home ?
I would say if you do not need streaming and do not have very hard to drive headphones go for a sony wm1a with mrwalkman mods and you'll be set for life

Aug 2, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #8,047 of 8,192
Although this Cayin seems to be better than Sony because it has interchangeable modules and the sound can be adapted to you without having to change the player I like playing typical retro musical warm this is what bothers me the most about the lg v60 it's cold analytically even squeaky I don't like it I used to have an axon 7 with a dac from AKM It sounded very musically warm, nicely rendered ESS much better
There is also Cayin N3 pro on the lamp also on akm it should play warm and musically I can have it for about 200 €

Do you pay duty when importing used equipment from Japan

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #8,048 of 8,192
Maybe it's better to add 150 € to these 350 and for 500 € I can buy a used one Sony NWWM1AM2 Will it be better than this Cayin n6ii?
undoubtedly.
Although this Cayin seems to be better than Sony because it has interchangeable modules and the sound can be adapted to you without having to change the player I like playing typical retro musical warm this is what bothers me the most about the lg v60 it's cold analytically even squeaky I don't like it I used to have an axon 7 with a dac from AKM It sounded very musically warm, nicely rendered ESS much better
There is also Cayin N3 pro on the lamp also on akm it should play warm and musically I can have it for about 200 €

Do you pay duty when importing used equipment from Japan
if you do not use streaming i again recommend the OG wm1a, as it is very cheap second hand, has great battery life and you can change it's sound using mrwalkman software and find what suits you best.

the a01 akm motherboard of the n6ii is probably the worst of the motherboards, r01 being the best.

if you import items from japan, yes, good chance you will pay customs.

Aug 2, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #8,049 of 8,192
How are customs duties calculated on used electronics?
I can buy Cayin n6ii from Italy with E02 for 500€ how can i order from japan with A01 for 360€ plus duty, it may not pay off too much because I read that this E02 module is better than A01?

Aug 2, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #8,050 of 8,192
How are customs duties calculated on used electronics?
I can buy Cayin n6ii from Italy with E02 for 500€ how can i order from japan with A01 for 360€ plus duty, it may not pay off too much because I read that this E02 module is better than A01?
forget the A01 module if u get get E02, but for me i find my self often used the E01 module more then E02.

Aug 2, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #8,051 of 8,192
The person who sells it only has the E02 module Is it worth buying for €500?
Is there anything better for this amount ?
How does Cayin N3 pro compare to Cayin N6ii with E02 module?
Will this Cayin N6ii with the E02 module play much better than the LG V60?

Aug 2, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #8,052 of 8,192
forget the A01 module if u get get E02, but for me i find my self often used the E01 module more then E02.
E01 offers texture and density that you won't find in E02, but on the other hand, E01 is limited to a single-ended phone out, and with limited output power. We have to give up a lot of features and "practicality" in order to deliver that final bits of audio performance.

Aug 2, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #8,053 of 8,192
The person who sells it only has the E02 module Is it worth buying for €500?
Is there anything better for this amount ?
How does Cayin N3 pro compare to Cayin N6ii with E02 module?
Will this Cayin N6ii with the E02 module play much better than the LG V60?
don't know with LG V60 but i still have LG V20 with me, there is no comparation here, at least for me. E02 is great too, take it.

Aug 2, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #8,054 of 8,192
E01 offers texture and density that you won't find in E02, but on the other hand, E01 is limited to a single-ended phone out, and with limited output power. We have to give up a lot of features and "practicality" in order to deliver that final bits of audio performance.
can u believe i preferred hooking my HD600 with E01 on A class amp mode reather with E02 with balanced cable? i don't know what's wrong with my ear or taste of timbre 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back