Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 11, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #7,877 of 8,192
Jul 12, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #7,880 of 8,192
Does anyone have any recommendations on what a good upgrade would be from the R01? What DAPs do you recommend?
In my opinion, the R01 module turned out to be so successful that it will not need updating for a long time. Although if you still want to upgrade, you can consider A&ultima SP2000SS or Cayin N8ii.

Jul 12, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #7,882 of 8,192
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will see if I can find used as to those are out of my price range.
If youre fine without android, i would highly suggest the first gen n8. Dynamics are incredible on it.

Jul 14, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #7,884 of 8,192
Hi friends, please help with me cayin n6ii, when I did the latest firmware update it started to stop playing the music and when this happens I have to restart but after 2 to 3 song is the same, what do you suggest?
Are you streaming or playing from a micro SD card?

Try a different micro SD card or a different WiFi connection as applicable.

Jul 15, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #7,885 of 8,192
Thanks for your response friend, yesterday I bought a new micro sd but the problem remains the same, I start the cayin reader with a song and it stops in the middle of the song and it doesn't work anymore, I turn off the cayin reader and I'll talk about it again it starts to work and then it stops, I did a factory reset the same with the problem, another solution please? can someone else help me? I only use local music from the micro sd, thanks.

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #7,886 of 8,192
Thanks for your response friend, yesterday I bought a new micro sd but the problem remains the same, I start the cayin reader with a song and it stops in the middle of the song and it doesn't work anymore, I turn off the cayin reader and I'll talk about it again it starts to work and then it stops, I did a factory reset the same with the problem, another solution please? can someone else help me? I only use local music from the micro sd, thanks.
Please try a different music player app and if you have one a different module and certainly a different headphone or IEM. I mention the module/headphone because when the headphone is unplugged the music is paused so perhaps you have a loose connection causing the music to pause.

PS there is a setting in the Cayin music app to disable the music pausing when the HP is unplugged you could try changing this setting too "Pause when headphone is unplugged"

Jul 17, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #7,887 of 8,192
So im in the market for a more portable dap than my current one. As of the moment im thinking of either the n6ii (with stock a01 only), dx220 (amp 1mk2 and amp8).
Between the 2 which has a more stable os? Alternatively i could just buy another wm1a (ive been missing mine).

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #7,888 of 8,192
The A01 is a fine sounding module but the N6ii seems like less of a good get if you're not going to partake in the different modules. You might as well go with a different DAP that offers a better form factor. Also, the N6ii has been discontinued, so there's that. In-production models might be a better purchase.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #7,889 of 8,192
Seriously missing the Cayin N6ii that I sold a little while ago. I noticed a Cayin N6ii Ti with Chinese firmware. Can this be updated to International/English firmware for Google Play Store or not? I performed a search on the thread and I assume no, but want to check here first to confirm.
I can confirm again, that you can't do that. Our N5ii/N5iiS used to be able to do that, we didn't do anything on N6ii to stop that, the newer Android system has tightened up the firmware restriction, making it impossible to apply firmware from different locations.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 21, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #7,890 of 8,192
Hi friends, please help with me cayin n6ii, when I did the latest firmware update it started to stop playing the music and when this happens I have to restart but after 2 to 3 song is the same, what do you suggest?
Please try a different music player app and if you have one a different module and certainly a different headphone or IEM. I mention the module/headphone because when the headphone is unplugged the music is paused so perhaps you have a loose connection causing the music to pause.

PS there is a setting in the Cayin music app to disable the music pausing when the HP is unplugged you could try changing this setting too "Pause when headphone is unplugged"

MarkParity offers very good advice, I suggest you follow his advice so that we can eliminate some conditions. The first thing we need to deal with is to check whether this is an Application based, system-based, or Media based bug. The quickest thing to do is to playback your file with HiBy Music App which is pre-installed in your DAP. If the problem remains, then download another popular music player app (such as UAPP, Neutron, Poweramp, ....) which operate with a completely different core. If the problem remains after these tests, then we can safely conclude that this is not an Application related problem.

Since you have a new SD card already, let's perform another test with your old SD card. Format your old SD card, copy some music files to the card and start playback as you did previously. I suggest we download some music from 2L instead of using the music files from your Music Library. This is a small test to determine whether the problem is content-related.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back