Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 6, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #6,931 of 8,192
My dd case arrived the other day.
Only took Ali express 10 days to get from Asia to Vancouver!! That’s a record for me. The case is a steal for about $11 including shipping! Also on Amazon for $5-6 more.
Great purchase for N6ii owners as it covers the unit on all sides, so your top edges are protected in a drop- something the stock case does not give you. Comes in navy blue.

Wish there was a case for my C-9 that covered all sides, as I have had mine slide out of the stock case a couple of times onto the floor. Great that the C-9 is such a brick!
Has anyone seen any other C-9 cases?
I paid 13 dollars shipped from Amazon, It was definitely a steal. I also bough this Case at Yodobashi Camera. I bought it because the T01 gets toasty sometimes.

Any recommendations for screen protectors? I didn't like the one that came with.

Aug 6, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #6,933 of 8,192
I paid 13 dollars shipped from Amazon, It was definitely a steal. I also bough this Case at Yodobashi Camera. I bought it because the T01 gets toasty sometimes.

Any recommendations for screen protectors? I didn't like the one that came with.
Since you are in Japan, you could try here
https://www.pdakobo.com/shop_menu.ehtm?cyu=kb3&syo=0300

OverLay is a another popular screen protector brand there that you could find online (like rakuten) or if you are lucky at Yodobashi/Bic Camera/e-earphone/Fujiya/etc.

Aug 6, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #6,934 of 8,192
Since you are in Japan, you could try here
https://www.pdakobo.com/shop_menu.ehtm?cyu=kb3&syo=0300

OverLay is a another popular screen protector brand there that you could find online (like rakuten) or if you are lucky at Yodobashi/Bic Camera/e-earphone/Fujiya/etc.
Thanks. I purchased the PDA 9H from Amazon Japan. The back screen protector cover the entire glass/acrylic however, the front one does not just like the screen protector that came with that N6ii. I was wondering if anyone knows of a screen protector that covers the whole front screen.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #6,936 of 8,192

Can this second case (with heat dissipation grid) be found in Europe ?
Or on Aliexpress ?

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #6,937 of 8,192
I gotta chime in to say the R01 sounds phenomenal with the Empyrean. Really happy with that pairing.
It absolutely does! Empyreans really love the R-01 card. The mids and low mids are so natural and the vibrato of the bass guitar strings are so lifelike I just smile like an idiot with this pairing.
Listening to it right now.
Adding the C-9 to the mix takes it a step up also, with the added class A power and larger soundstage.
The R-01 truly does have a non-digital sound- very non- fatigue-ing (is that a word-lol) even after long listening sessions.

My mind keeps going back to one thing with the R-01 and it’s analog sound: that it reminds me of my late 80’s/early 90’s car stereo: giant Orion red Class A amp, JBL T95’s (with dual titanium tweeters and 8lb magnets) and mb Quart in the doors, Alpine CD deck- getting nostalgic now. The way the bass and drums project as well as the vocals. The overall signature is different than normal, non R-2R, DAP players.
I realize that a comment like that on a site like this opens me up…but that’s what I hear… anybody agree with me?

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #6,940 of 8,192
I gotta chime in to say the R01 sounds phenomenal with the Empyrean. Really happy with that pairing.
Did you compare the sound with a desktop solutions ?Does r01 provide necessary power to drive in empy with a good control really ??

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #6,943 of 8,192
@Andykong

I recently got an N6ii and I charged it to 100% and shut it down. Since then I have not been able to turn it on. I was reading through the N6ii pages. I saw that "QualComm Safe Mode" might be one of the reasons for that. I tried the method of pressing power button for 30 seconds and leave, 15 seconds and leave, press play and power button together for same duration. Nothing is working. One thing also I noticed, if I keep pressing the power on button, the bottom (where USB and I2s ports are) and side of the dap, seems to warm up.

The screen remains off pretty much through and I am wondering what else I need to do make this DAP back to working again. Those who have experienced this issue can chime in as well. Much appreciated !

Did you try to charge the N6ii? Did the N6ii warm up after you plug in USB charger for 20 minutes? Want to determine if you have encountered QualComm Safe Mode, oif the N6ii did warm up slightly after plug in USB charge, it is NOT in Qualcomm safe mode.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 7, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #6,944 of 8,192
Did you try to charge the N6ii? Did the N6ii warm up after you plug in USB charger for 20 minutes? Want to determine if you have encountered QualComm Safe Mode, oif the N6ii did warm up slightly after plug in USB charge, it is NOT in Qualcomm safe mode.

Also, would like to add, and I just mentioned the same in another thread helping someone with R6 2020 and similar problem we resolved, connecting to "slow" charging USB port of computer often fixes this problem with the safe mode by resetting it. But of course, only if problem is related to Qualcomm safe overprotection mode.

Furthermore, also want to point out for people NOT to use Samsung galaxy smartphone chargers due to their FastCharge tech which is not the same as universal QuickCharge and could create problems where N6ii stops charging. I experienced it many times with different galaxy chargers.

Aug 7, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #6,945 of 8,192

Users who are viewing this thread

Back