Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Mar 14, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #3,856 of 8,192
The DTA can only apply to applications installed in your N6ii. It cannot bypass Android’s audio quality restrictions at a system-wide level.

Can you clarify what this means? When would there be audio playing that's not through an app of some sort?

Mar 14, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #3,857 of 8,192
Okay, thanks for this information. So in summary: to get the highest sound quality from the Line Out of A01 or T01, we should use the unbalanced 3.5mm line output.

Yes in your setup. the 3.5mm line out is cleaner when compare to the 4.4mm line out.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 14, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #3,858 of 8,192
Can you clarify what this means? When would there be audio playing that's not through an app of some sort?

The original discussion was about using N6ii as a ROON endpoint.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 14, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #3,859 of 8,192
USB Audio Player Pro works great with servers as it doesn’t degrade the audio quality.

I tried pretty much everything on the Google Play Store and nothing else works like USBPP.

Sadly, this doesn’t go for Roon.
Ooo why are you selling your N6II ?

Mar 14, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #3,860 of 8,192
Mar 14, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #3,861 of 8,192
Mar 14, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #3,863 of 8,192
Yup, I know that. I use Roon on two systems on my network, both through Oppo BDP. What I would really like to figure out is how to get Roon to broadcast through my wi-fi the same feed as the wired network to a portable device in my pocket. I can set up several devices with roon remote, and play stuff from the database but haven't found a way to show the portable device as an audio zone on the Roon core computer so it can be grouped with the two Oppo devices.

In other words, a dap as a Roon endpoint.

In Roon, When entering the setting for the zones, you can do some device settings for the chosen device too..
There you can find the setting "Private Zone" which avoids to be seen on the network..

Go to zones, tap the speaker symbol on your device, tap the toothed wheels, find "device setup" on the bottom and uncheck "private zone".

Don't know if this is doing the job, but I will try tomorrow if I can get my mobile as a roon endpoint..

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #3,864 of 8,192
Hi guys,

I actually received my n6ii with A01 today, just unboxed, installed poweramp, roon, qobuz, bandcamp.
Now I'm fully loading the device to have some listening sessions tomorrow..

What I can say is, that the 1tb card is running perfectly.. 87000 files scanned by poweramp within 15 minutes..
Roon is running fine, qobuz and bandcamp I need to check..
Compared to ibasso dx160 the cayin is a real heavyweight... Also the thickness is remarkably more then on dx160, which makes me asking how this will feel an a 2 it 3 hours walk in my pocket..

Let's see what the listening tomorrow brings :)

Mar 14, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #3,865 of 8,192
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #3,866 of 8,192
Well, it should be samples which you can download and properly listen to as a bit-perfect from your source (roon, audiorvana, etc) and not streaming via google chrome. Normally I hear the difference between mp3 and flac if goes it the right way - more weight in notes in uncompressed files is one of the difference.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #3,867 of 8,192
Well, it should be samples which you can download and properly listen to as a bit-perfect from your source (roon, audiorvana, etc) and not streaming via google chrome. Normally I hear the difference between mp3 and flac if goes it the right way - more weight in notes in uncompressed files is one of the difference.

I tried via mobile through ibasso DC02 dac. This should properly present the files. Can you try without faking and tell me your score?
Everyone I showed this test didn't get better results as blind guessing.. If someone really can hear the difference it should at least give a score of minimum 4 out of 6..
Sorry for going off topic.. Maybe this can be moved to the right section?

Mar 15, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #3,868 of 8,192
In Roon, When entering the setting for the zones, you can do some device settings for the chosen device too..
There you can find the setting "Private Zone" which avoids to be seen on the network..

Go to zones, tap the speaker symbol on your device, tap the toothed wheels, find "device setup" on the bottom and uncheck "private zone".

Don't know if this is doing the job, but I will try tomorrow if I can get my mobile as a roon endpoint..

Yes guys, this works..

Just "un-private" all your devices and you can send from any device to any device and use them as endpoints for Roon..

Mar 15, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #3,870 of 8,192
Cayin’s DTA in Roon remote is not working. All highres downsample to 44khz....

Thanks for the info.. good to know.. at least it will work in CD Quality.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back