Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Dec 24, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #3,167 of 8,196
Dec 24, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #3,168 of 8,196
Looking forward to the next motherboard

After the 4th module is released , how long do you think it'll be until we're looking forward to the 5th one? Then the 6th?

What's wrong with us audiophiles?

Cayin: sir, we have three modules for you to choose from. All realively new to the market. It's quite novel!

Headfi: do they have different dacs and amp sections ?

Cayin: well, of course. Plenty of options! They all sound outstanding btw.

Headfi: any with Korg nu tubes and a sabre dac?

Cayin: not yet unfortunately

Headfi: looking forward to the next module

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #3,169 of 8,196
After the 4th module is released , how long do you think it'll be until we're looking forward to the 5th one? Then the 6th?

What's wrong with us audiophiles?

Cayin: sir, we have three modules for you to choose from. All realively new to the market. It's quite novel!

Headfi: do they have different dacs and amp sections ?

Cayin: well, of course. Plenty of options! They all sound outstanding btw.

Headfi: any with Korg nu tubes and a sabre dac?

Cayin: not yet unfortunately

Headfi: looking forward to the next module
Yes , but not cause I’m inpatient . Just t01 and e01 isn’t for me.

t01 is only around 50% battery life
E01 3.5 only is no option for me . All my upgrade cables are 4.4 and I don’t want to use an adapter ( besides dunu hulk )

so I’m still on a01 :)

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #3,172 of 8,196
Yes , but not cause I’m inpatient . Just t01 and e01 isn’t for me.

t01 is only around 50% battery life
E01 3.5 only is no option for me . All my upgrade cables are 4.4 and I don’t want to use an adapter ( besides dunu hulk )

so I’m still on a01 :)

Besides Hulk, Dita cables with Awesome connector is a clean option. And DD Hifi releasing a small "Thor hammer" 4.4mm adapter as well.

20191224_135024_resized.jpg 20191224_135224_resized.jpg

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #3,178 of 8,196
if it's anything like their 4.4 to 2.5, it'll be awesome! I'm quite impressed with their " T " adapters so far.

For the reference, size comparison of 4.4mm (to 2.5mm/3.5mm) and 2.5mm (to 4.4mm/3.5mm) DD HiFi adapters.

dd_hifi-44-adapters-06.jpg dd_hifi-44-adapters-07.jpg

when is your review up from e01 ? :D

Only got it yesterday, so I guess the review should have been done 2 days ago? :p

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #3,179 of 8,196
@jmills8 which app are you using?

so, day 2 of using e01: I love this thing... the sound has improved, bass is astonishing, separation and soundstage are second to none of whatever I’ve heard before, it has some warmth into it, but it doesn’t stop being detailed, and it had that feel that the sound is solid, don’t know how to describe it, it’s something that you get from the balanced out of the r6 for example, a sort of thickens in the notes that makes it feel present. I’m digging this a lot. Haven’t tried it yet with any full size headphones but the imr rah and fiio fh5 (I still love this headphones so much) benefited a lot from it. Haven’t tried a lot yet. Cause Xmas stuff =P I actually fee quite lucky, I thought I would not get it until Friday or so

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #3,180 of 8,196
@jmills8 which player are you using?

so, day 2 of using e01: I love this thing... the sound has improved, bass is astonishing, separation and soundstage are second to none of whatever I’ve heard before, it has some warmth into it, but it doesn’t stop being detailed, and it had that feel that the sound is solid, don’t know how to describe it, it’s something that you get from the balanced out of the r6 for example, a sort of thickens in the notes that makes it feel present. I’m digging this a lot. Haven’t tried it yet with any full size headphones but the imr rah and fiio fh5 (I still love this headphones so much) benefited a lot from it. Haven’t tried a lot yet. Cause Xmas stuff =P I actually fee quite lucky, I thought I would not get it until Friday or so

This. I have not heard similar separation and soundstage from another player. Every note is presented so powerfully without any harshness. Really allows you to push the volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back