Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 28, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #2,431 of 8,191
What are the others like, I fell asleep 13secs into the first tack :ksc75smile:

LoL
Your suposed to expand your soul into the inner energy of universe ; p
And let your self meditate threw the song in a happy floating state of mind! :)
Imagination is welcome, dream and dream

Try this one. This is for an active state of mind.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #2,432 of 8,191
Recieved my T01 today. I think I may like this better than the A01. I'll reserve that decision until later though to see if it is new kit syndrome. Ok burning in right now.

What I hear at first listen is more and better instrument speration, detail, and precision. I think using separate DAC chips per channel does make a difference. And I didn't loose any of that awesome warm timbre either. So warm but very detailed and precise. Ticks all of my boxes so far.

Oct 28, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #2,433 of 8,191
Recieved my T01 today. I think I may like this better than the A01. I'll reserve that decision until later though to see if it is new kit syndrome. Ok burning in right now.

What I hear at first listen is more and better instrument speration, detail, and precision. I think using separate DAC chips per channel does make a difference. And I didn't loose any of that awesome warm timbre either. So warm but very detailed and precise. Ticks all of my boxes so far.

You will like it more with IEMs/CIEMs or HPs of your choices. :smile_phones:

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #2,435 of 8,191
Can someone please share what are the available filters? I didn't get my dap yet and looking in the manual this information was also missing.

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #2,436 of 8,191
You will like it more with IEMs/CIEMs or HPs of your choices. :smile_phones:
Those impressions were with the OH500. I've switched to the Custom Art FIBAE Black now. Not as favorable with the Black. Seems like the T01 may be a little picky about pairings. I will try my IMR ATENs, R1Z, and my Rolands when they show up on Wednesday. I'll give my full size headphones a go to, including the incoming LCD-1.

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #2,437 of 8,191
Those impressions were with the OH500. I've switched to the Custom Art FIBAE Black now. Not as favorable with the Black. Seems like the T01 may be a little picky about pairings. I will try my IMR ATENs, R1Z, and my Rolands when they show up on Wednesday. I'll give my full size headphones a go to, including the incoming LCD-1.

R1Z? What is it ? A new ier-z1r inversed? LoL

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #2,439 of 8,191
Can someone please share what are the available filters? I didn't get my dap yet and looking in the manual this information was also missing.
The filters will be dependent on the DAC chip of the motherboard you are using. Here are the filters for the T01

IMG_20191028_190311__01.jpg IMG_20191028_190300.jpg

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #2,440 of 8,191

Nice! yep, still like my T01 better than the A01

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #2,441 of 8,191
The filters will be dependent on the DAC chip of the motherboard you are using. Here are the filters for the T01

Ohh so just 2 filter for normal setting ( the pcm)
Wonder if theres more with a01?

I never played with dsd filters so no idea...

And what would the most direct source filter? I am a bit used with sony direct source not sure if you can do that in n6ii or it doesnt really matters its all direct?

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #2,442 of 8,191
Ohh so just 2 filter for normal setting ( the pcm)
Wonder if theres more with a01?

I never played with dsd filters so no idea...

And what would the most direct source filter? I am a bit used with sony direct source not sure if you can do that in n6ii or it doesnt really matters its all direct?
There a quite a few more with the AK4497EQ. I don't have any pics with those filters.

I've not heard a difference with DSD filters on the N6ii, and I've tried all of them.

The Sony also uses a custom FPGA so they can do just about anything they want with the WM1Z. Basically the LO on the N6ii is the same as the direct out on the Sony. I still have a WM1Z and it is great.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #2,444 of 8,191
There a quite a few more with the AK4497EQ. I don't have any pics with those filters.

I've not heard a difference with DSD filters on the N6ii, and I've tried all of them.

The Sony also uses a custom FPGA so they can do just about anything they want with the WM1Z. Basically the LO on the N6ii is the same as the direct out on the Sony. I still have a WM1Z and it is great.

Oh ) well I am trying to upgrade my self from wm1z into n6ii.

I really want a native android dap.
I pissed of always streaming from phones into 1z via ldac. Each phone affects sq on its own way.
And it will sound cleaner cause its all on n6ii. No more bluetooth or phone bull crap.

How do you find n6ii vs 1z? Does n6ii have same capabilities of details retrieval as 1z? I found 1z to be able to show very fine nuances. Specially in the bass region. Its my favorite frequency range :wink:

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #2,445 of 8,191
Oh ) well I am trying to upgrade my self from wm1z into n6ii.

I really want a native android dap.
I pissed of always streaming from phones into 1z via ldac. Each phone affects sq on its own way.
And it will sound cleaner cause its all on n6ii. No more bluetooth or phone bull crap.

How do you find n6ii vs 1z? Does n6ii have same capabilities of details retrieval as 1z? I found 1z to be able to show very fine nuances. Specially in the bass region. Its my favorite frequency range :wink:
Yeah that is a big pain, I agree. That's why I purchased the n6ii. The WM1Z is so addictive though. Love it's body and presence.

To compare the two. The WM1Z is more refined and has a smoother, silkier timbre. You could even call it a smooth smokey timbre. A lot of people say it is really dark but I don't find that except when an IEM or headphone is under-driven. It 's darker than neutral though, which I prefer.
The N6ii is more energetic and has a faster presentation, but it is dark and smooth like a high quality spicy rum. The big thing that the N6ii has over the Sony is the amp section and the ability to pair well with a lot more headphones / IEMs. Plus the Wireless for streaming.

Bass on the N6ii is excellent too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back