Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #2,462 of 8,192
Hey Folks So I am back with some feedback of my new experience with n6ii,

Its a really neet device everything works great and pretty simple and forward to use, mine was already updated from factory to its newest update!

To my ears n6ii sound is on a higher level then ibasso ( not talking about fiio its same thing to me ass ibasso ) it has a rich and warm thick sound signature. Tonality is warm and not harch nor cold on top treble, its easy on the ears I can see my self listening to this dap for very long sessions without an issue... So if you are like me who love musical marathons it will work!

I like the weight and physical look, its a beautiful device and is high quality built! Screen is awesome, I literally felt like it was a cellphone like experience.
The case it came with is really good and a big bonus and very welcome thanks. I have to say though the screen protector hmmm I dont like it being gummy or soft feeling. I would rather maybe buy a tempered glass one its much more durable and resistant.
The case sit fit and tight, perfectly trimmed it looks pretty :)

I also have some issue with charging, I instantly plugged it into my samsung fast charge wall charger and no go! uhhhh, So for me the only way to charge it is via pc usb. But yea you get no fast charge this way :frowning2: I found my ps 4 pro to charge my n6ii faster then any of my other devices. Also found an old usb wall charger from plantronics witch provides like 5v and 750mw, it seems to charge the player while playing music but still no fast charge here ether.

Overall this is a very neet dap and probably the only one I think comes just at second place after all the crazzy expensive daps, So you can buy this dap with confidence it will suit your demand and pleasure. Of course the 3k + daps will sound on a different level.

This is dap is close to wm1z is just cranky crazzy, the timber and warmth is very similar.
though I still found my wm1z to sound more open more airiness space and ambiance around. wm1z has something that is very harmonical it shines with your soul.
with n6ii I find it to be slightly more linear and balanced vs 1z. It has a mini less treble though it also has less bass details vs 1z to. To me n6ii is easier on your ears vs 1z. Its like 1z like to emphasize bass and treble and make a perception of v shape...
N6ii bass is really good to, but I think we should say slightly different, sooo close really. It may show maybe 5% less details and nuances vs 1z. I think it might be due to components used in 1z they are maybe more expensive I cant know...
So yea bass on n6ii is deep very present with a neet feel to it, you will definitely enjoy it and its with the right amount. Its good quality bass if you love 1z youl be very happy here to.

Treble is definitely more sparkly on 1z, so for me n6ii is a more relaxing variant. Thats good cause 1z made my ears tiered over long listening time. I find n6ii treble to be smooth and not cold or dry, it is easy on my ears and I do enjoy that. I did play with filters I think I stooped at short delay and slow roll of.
I have to say maybe its because treble is slightly lower and that plays on sound-stage perception? Cause 1z seems to have more openness and ambient atmosphere, wile in n6ii its much closer and intimate feel. Funny comparison would be I feel Like I am enrolled in a caramilk candy lol. Its thick and stretchy. While 1z is more like a milk chocolate...
So to some up n6ii treble is very good none fatiguing, but dont extends as much my 1z can here Id says it 10% behind 1z capabilitie, all details are present nothing is missing just the perception is less echo and less strechy high notes extensions. Smooth and delicate also thick and warm.
Its interesting but this dap is all about the warmth and big thick sound its even more apparent then in wm1z .

I am not a big experience reviewer and I am not sure how to describe mids. So what I will say is this. I compared it with female and male voices. To me male voices sound almost like life like and very realistic, the thick warmth of n6ii bring in a good pleasant feel to the voice. Though I'l add that slightly less treble seems to be reducing some feel of emotion like it tickles less deep into my soul, for example hd800s would of tickles me so deep that it could make me cry. here I can retain my self and be more my self :p

Female voices are as well natural but I'd say maybe slightly less emotional here again due to less treble perception, I have to say it s not a bad thing, it make some female voices much less sibilant and more appealing to listen due to a female voice being more peaky and thinner. It is very good :)
If you want you can set the filter to short delay and sharp roll of and you can even go beyond up to super fast roll off, those will add more treble peak and extension perception. To me personally I dont find it appealing and it zings to much and I feel some discomfort and less natural...
From all filters I been playing around I loved the slow roll of, but found it kinda a little too mellow but really with best deepest bass perception. The short delay slow roll off seems like to be a perfect spot for me and covers all regions very well and with good bass details and nice treble expression.

So over all I find n6ii a superb dap its well balanced very appealing sound signature, responds to all the current generation demands and has a bit perfect streaming capabilitys as an android device. I think true music lovers should look no where else and buy this dap. At the price its offered is a really good deal, the only next step is to spend 3k + and then your not guaranteed to have the same comfort of use and the versatility that n6ii can offer you!

I highly recommend this dap to anyone you will be very satisfied.

Vitaly,
The tiger ears :)

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #2,463 of 8,192
Hey Folks So I am back with some feedback of my new experience with n6ii,

Its a really neet device everything works great and pretty simple and forward to use, mine was already updated from factory to its newest update!

To my ears n6ii sound is on a higher level then ibasso ( not talking about fiio its same thing to me ass ibasso ) it has a rich and warm thick sound signature. Tonality is warm and not harch nor cold on top treble, its easy on the ears I can see my self listening to this dap for very long sessions without an issue... So if you are like me who love musical marathons it will work!

I like the weight and physical look, its a beautiful device and is high quality built! Screen is awesome, I literally felt like it was a cellphone like experience.
The case it came with is really good and a big bonus and very welcome thanks. I have to say though the screen protector hmmm I dont like it being gummy or soft feeling. I would rather maybe buy a tempered glass one its much more durable and resistant.
The case sit fit and tight, perfectly trimmed it looks pretty :)

I also have some issue with charging, I instantly plugged it into my samsung fast charge wall charger and no go! uhhhh, So for me the only way to charge it is via pc usb. But yea you get no fast charge this way :frowning2: I found my ps 4 pro to charge my n6ii faster then any of my other devices. Also found an old usb wall charger from plantronics witch provides like 5v and 750mw, it seems to charge the player while playing music but still no fast charge here ether.

Overall this is a very neet dap and probably the only one I think comes just at second place after all the crazzy expensive daps, So you can buy this dap with confidence it will suit your demand and pleasure. Of course the 3k + daps will sound on a different level.

This is dap is close to wm1z is just cranky crazzy, the timber and warmth is very similar.
though I still found my wm1z to sound more open more airiness space and ambiance around. wm1z has something that is very harmonical it shines with your soul.
with n6ii I find it to be slightly more linear and balanced vs 1z. It has a mini less treble though it also has less bass details vs 1z to. To me n6ii is easier on your ears vs 1z. Its like 1z like to emphasize bass and treble and make a perception of v shape...
N6ii bass is really good to, but I think we should say slightly different, sooo close really. It may show maybe 5% less details and nuances vs 1z. I think it might be due to components used in 1z they are maybe more expensive I cant know...
So yea bass on n6ii is deep very present with a neet feel to it, you will definitely enjoy it and its with the right amount. Its good quality bass if you love 1z youl be very happy here to.

Treble is definitely more sparkly on 1z, so for me n6ii is a more relaxing variant. Thats good cause 1z made my ears tiered over long listening time. I find n6ii treble to be smooth and not cold or dry, it is easy on my ears and I do enjoy that. I did play with filters I think I stooped at short delay and slow roll of.
I have to say maybe its because treble is slightly lower and that plays on sound-stage perception? Cause 1z seems to have more openness and ambient atmosphere, wile in n6ii its much closer and intimate feel. Funny comparison would be I feel Like I am enrolled in a caramilk candy lol. Its thick and stretchy. While 1z is more like a milk chocolate...
So to some up n6ii treble is very good none fatiguing, but dont extends as much my 1z can here Id says it 10% behind 1z capabilitie, all details are present nothing is missing just the perception is less echo and less strechy high notes extensions. Smooth and delicate also thick and warm.
Its interesting but this dap is all about the warmth and big thick sound its even more apparent then in wm1z .

I am not a big experience reviewer and I am not sure how to describe mids. So what I will say is this. I compared it with female and male voices. To me male voices sound almost like life like and very realistic, the thick warmth of n6ii bring in a good pleasant feel to the voice. Though I'l add that slightly less treble seems to be reducing some feel of emotion like it tickles less deep into my soul, for example hd800s would of tickles me so deep that it could make me cry. here I can retain my self and be more my self :p

Female voices are as well natural but I'd say maybe slightly less emotional here again due to less treble perception, I have to say it s not a bad thing, it make some female voices much less sibilant and more appealing to listen due to a female voice being more peaky and thinner. It is very good :)
If you want you can set the filter to short delay and sharp roll of and you can even go beyond up to super fast roll off, those will add more treble peak and extension perception. To me personally I dont find it appealing and it zings to much and I feel some discomfort and less natural...
From all filters I been playing around I loved the slow roll of, but found it kinda a little too mellow but really with best deepest bass perception. The short delay slow roll off seems like to be a perfect spot for me and covers all regions very well and with good bass details and nice treble expression.

So over all I find n6ii a superb dap its well balanced very appealing sound signature, responds to all the current generation demands and has a bit perfect streaming capabilitys as an android device. I think true music lovers should look no where else and buy this dap. At the price its offered is a really good deal, the only next step is to spend 3k + and then your not guaranteed to have the same comfort of use and the versatility that n6ii can offer you!

I highly recommend this dap to anyone you will be very satisfied.

Vitaly,
The tiger ears :)
You will notice the sound will open up more after 50 hours.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #2,464 of 8,192
You will notice the sound will open up more after 50 hours.

Yes I didnt add that perception to my little review, it is true that from first boot the listen was kinda off and I was slightly thrown into the unknown, now with maybe 15hours so far, It getting better and better

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2,466 of 8,192
I dont know why it wont let me upload pictures

Attachments

• DSCF3618.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3619.jpg
    979 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3624.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3636.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3640.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3641.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3644.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3646.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3648.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3657.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3658.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3659.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #2,467 of 8,192
@Vitaly2017
N6ii with T01 module would have more detail treble and deep defined bass you can imagine. :L3000:

christ you saying I picked the wrong amp lol, I do think more bass depth and treble extension would be a better preferences to my ears.

amp01 seems to be very dark and warm thick sounding, but at least its well balanced.

You think t01 is the one that is closer to 1z even more?

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #2,468 of 8,192
christ you saying I picked the wrong amp lol, I do think more bass depth and treble extension would be a better preferences to my ears.

amp01 seems to be very dark and warm thick sounding, but at least its well balanced.

In the Hiby player you can adjust the tone , treble , bass.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #2,469 of 8,192
In the Hiby player you can adjust the tone , treble , bass.

will it work for spotify >? or its probably only for music played in hiby app?

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #2,470 of 8,192

No I didn’t say so because I don’t compare them.
What I am telling that I thought A01 was good enough for my ears and taste and just want to wait for E01. However, after picking up the T01 I was surprisingly wrong and believe each headfier and/or reviewer has his own ear until I get the chance to try. A01 module gets retired in the box for awhile maybe until E01 is available to buy. :smile_phones:

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #2,471 of 8,192
Oct 30, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,472 of 8,192
Havnt tried.

Just tried no , i know in spotify when you go to menu and find the eq option, it opens up snapdragon eq and can do it from there.

No I didn’t say so because I don’t compare them.
What I am telling that I thought A01 was good enough for my ears and taste and just want to wait for E01. However, after picking up the T01 I was surprisingly wrong and believe each headfier and/or reviewer has his own ear until I get the chance to try. A01 module gets retired in the box for awhile maybe until E01 is available to buy. :smile_phones:

a01 getting retired lol, dont think soo. but hearing ya blissing the t01 now I got questions on my mind if I shouldnt have baught it with t01 instead hmmmmmmmmm

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #2,474 of 8,192
AAA found it, dsd native dont get affected....

Strange my cayin app eather hiby dont give any sound changes when I play with eq for playing music from dap

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back