Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 6, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #529 of 8,192
Any comments on how the soundstage is when using 3.5mm vs 4.4mm? And in general, how is the soundstage width like?
2019-06-06-17-37-37--1065706780.jpeg

Jun 6, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #532 of 8,192
Any comments on how the soundstage is when using 3.5mm vs 4.4mm? And in general, how is the soundstage width like?

I hear BAL output here to have wider soundstage, and it's noticeable to my ears. In terms of tonality and other technical aspects of sound performance, they are quite similar (as I hear it).

Jun 6, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #533 of 8,192
I hear BAL output here to have wider soundstage, and it's noticeable to my ears. In terms of tonality and other technical aspects of sound performance, they are quite similar (as I hear it).

Thank you! That is good to hear!! Would you be able to compare this soundstage with any other DAPs? Maybe for e.g AK SE100, AK SR15, Hiby R6Pro? That is, if you had a fair share of time with the others before.

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #534 of 8,192
Thank you! That is good to hear!! Would you be able to compare this soundstage with any other DAPs? Maybe for e.g AK SE100, AK SR15, Hiby R6Pro? That is, if you had a fair share of time with the others before.

When I get to full review, sure. Though, please keep in mind I only have SPK SS from A&K for comparison.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #538 of 8,192
True, N8 my top dap, but the N6II can be four different sounding daps in one.

the N6II can be X different sounding daps in one, and X is undefined integer as of today.

Sorry, don't want to miss this opportunity to tell that I am a Mathematic major in the good old days. :beerchug:

I can offer a significant give away today: X is a single-digit integer. :grin:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 6, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #539 of 8,192
the N6II can be X different sounding daps in one, and X is undefined integer as of today.

Sorry, don't want to miss this opportunity to tell that I am a Mathematic major in the good old days. :beerchug:

I can offer a significant give away today: X is a single-digit integer. :grin:

Will any of the potential upcoming motherboards incorporate a dual DAC setup?

Appreciate the transparency!

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #540 of 8,192
Andy any plans to use the AK 4499 DAC in a motherboard?

This is one of the options on the table, but a low priority and technically less likely option because the AK4499 drain a lot of power. While we can certain power the AK4499 chip CORRECTLY to make it sing at its best, but we need to design our own audio circuit before we can evaluate if the AK4499 based Audio Motherboard is within the power supply limit of our N6ii design.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back