Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Feb 28, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #5,597 of 8,215
Oh!! Well, even so, I ain’t be selling A02. This thing is so good as a LO source especially for the price and paired with C9.
Me neither! Happy to keep it around.

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #5,598 of 8,215

Attachments

• 864B643E-C16E-4A74-AF50-F322FE3069FF.png
    864B643E-C16E-4A74-AF50-F322FE3069FF.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #5,599 of 8,215
Sadly not, I've been in touch with Phil, no more stock only N6ii bundles with A02.

Hopefully Cayin have a little internal chat and change their minds on A02 and make a few more, or as hinted they may be releasing a whole new DAP with line/pre out and then upgrading will be an option.

I'm in no hurry, I did already have an A02 but sold it because I wasn't using it at the time, that choice has already saved me the purchase cost of a C9. :)

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #5,600 of 8,215
Sadly not, I've been in touch with Phil, no more stock only N6ii bundles with A02.

Hopefully Cayin have a little internal chat and change their minds on A02 and make a few more, or as hinted they may be releasing a whole new DAP with line/pre out and then upgrading will be an option.

I'm in no hurry, I did already have an A02 but sold it because I wasn't using it at the time, that choice has already saved me the purchase cost of a C9. :)

Andy did explain that that perhaps they would have considered making more if it wasn't for the DAC chips being unavailable anymore. AKM had a factory fire delaying all new chip production for the foreseeable future. Cayin can't justify a complete redesign.

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #5,601 of 8,215
Andy did explain that that perhaps they would have considered making more if it wasn't for the DAC chips being unavailable anymore. AKM had a factory fire delaying all new chip production for the foreseeable future. Cayin can't justify a complete redesign.
You are right, last time I looked most electronic component suppliers had stock levels > 2000, now all sold out, panic buying must have happened.

New A02's are not an option now then, oh well. Unless Cayin bought up all the stock that is. :)

Mar 1, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #5,602 of 8,215
I think people that sell the Cayin N6ii realized that is better for them to sell it bundled with A02 but if people are not going to buy the bundle they are going to start selling it separately again

Mar 1, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #5,603 of 8,215
Mar 1, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #5,604 of 8,215
I think people that sell the Cayin N6ii realized that is better for them to sell it bundled with A02 but if people are not going to buy the bundle they are going to start selling it separately again
That is not it. Cayin has some release of N6ii with some specific boards. You do realize that N6ii is not a complete player ? It is a main body combined with a mother board of choices
Initially it was paired with A01, but as the more boards are released, people don’t all want to get A01 and not be using it but with an A02 all the time while A01 is collecting dusts....the same as other boards, so Cayin has to release limited combos

My N6ii is combined with T01 for example , and not A01

Mar 1, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #5,605 of 8,215
When using the TIDAL app I am getting some noise during the first second or two of an MQA song. This appears to be related to switching into MQA mode - for example when the previous song was 16/44.1.

Setup is N6ii with E01 module.

This happens if your playlist contains both MQA and non-MQA songs. It only happens when switching into MQA mode.

Does anyone else experience this?

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #5,606 of 8,215
That is not it. Cayin has some release of N6ii with some specific boards. You do realize that N6ii is not a complete player ? It is a main body combined with a mother board of choices
Initially it was paired with A01, but as the more boards are released, people don’t all want to get A01 and not be using it but with an A02 all the time while A01 is collecting dusts....the same as other boards, so Cayin has to release limited combos

My N6ii is combined with T01 for example , and not A01
This is correct as Andrew at MusicTeck has just bought the remaining stock of N6ii with A02 Boards from Cayin. I believe these are still available on his site as a pre order and are arriving at the end of the week.

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #5,607 of 8,215
This is correct as Andrew at MusicTeck has just bought the remaining stock of N6ii with A02 Boards from Cayin. I believe these are still available on his site as a pre order and are arriving at the end of the week.
Andrew must be really following this closely!

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #5,608 of 8,215
When using the TIDAL app I am getting some noise during the first second or two of an MQA song. This appears to be related to switching into MQA mode - for example when the previous song was 16/44.1.

Setup is N6ii with E01 module.

This happens if your playlist contains both MQA and non-MQA songs. It only happens when switching into MQA mode.

Does anyone else experience this?
I just experienced the exact same issue. @Andykong

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #5,610 of 8,215
I just experienced the exact same issue. @Andykong
I did some more testing last night. Here are results.

1. Using the TIDAL app, stream a normal 16/44,1 song and then play a Masters song. You will get around a second of white noise mixed into the beginning of the Masters track.

2. Using an offline playlist in the TIDAL app, play a 16/44.1 song and then stream a Masters track. You will get a slight pause when the Masters song plays. If you watch the sample rate on the display you will see it switch to 88.2 or 96kHz and then to the 3x times unfold rate. The gap happens during this switching/upsampling of sample rate.

3. Using UAPP, the symptoms are the opposite. Play a TIDAL Masters track. It plays normally. Follow this with a regular 16/44.1 song from TIDAL and you get white noise mixed into the beginning of the 16/44.1 song for about 0.5 seconds.

I have not noticed this before, I will try a reboot later, to see if it resolves this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back