Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #5,581 of 8,215
I know about you, but people here are worried that they are not going to find the A02 and that only 500 were made and I was wondering how many here on head fi have them because we are such a small group and I don't think that 500 were sold already

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #5,582 of 8,215
I know about you, but people here are worried that they are not going to find the A02 and that only 500 were made and I was wondering how many here on head fi have them because we are such a small group and I don't think that 500 were sold already
That 500 includes purchases from China, which is a lot. In Taobao A02 is sold out in all the stores.

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #5,583 of 8,215
I have the Cayin N6ii and I have the BX-2 plus amp, and I just made a trade with someone and soon I will receive Woo audio wa8 and I am interested in A02 and Cayin C9 in the long run, but as of today I just bought the Shanling M8 so I have to wait a bit before I can pull the trigger on A02 and C9

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #5,584 of 8,215
Interesting thought. I know I just bought my second one though. The first one (and my second N6ii) got traded away for a M8. I knew about 10 minutes after I handed the box to the UPS guy that I regretted it and would be on the hunt. So, there's 2.

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #5,585 of 8,215
I had the Cayin N6ii with T01 a year ago and sold it just to buy it again and try other motherboards like A01 and E01. Now I have it with A01 and T01 and I just need to buy the A02 hopefully soon enough

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #5,586 of 8,215
Interesting thought. I know I just bought my second one though. The first one (and my second N6ii) got traded away for a M8. I knew about 10 minutes after I handed the box to the UPS guy that I regretted it and would be on the hunt. So, there's 2.
So, I guess you traded the Cayin N6ii with A02 for Whitigir Shanling M8. How do you like the Shanling M8?

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #5,588 of 8,215
Cayin have been incredibly short-sighted with the A02 limited production run and will alienate some of their customer base with the decision to only make 500 A02 and no more, EVER.

Cayin said that A02 is a niche product, not many people will want one, but then released a new product, C9, after all the A02's have sold out. C9 is seemingly designed specifically to pair with the N6ii -> A02. ???

Cayin themselves have now created a new demand A02 perhaps above what was originally envisaged.

Cayin, I have no idea how many C9's you are intending to produce perhaps its < 500 too.

Cayin, this whole situation makes no sense from a marketing point of view.

Perhaps there is another reason behind all this A02 situation that they are not telling us. But to me it reads like "we told you so, you didn't listen, its your fault you can't get an A02" not a good way to treat customers Cayin.

Cayin its not too late to reverse the A02 limited run and make some more, please do it now for the sake of your customer base.

Later this year A02 modules will be like the latest XBOX, PlayStation and RTX graphics cards, get your A02 second hand on ebay for > £1000

Feb 28, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #5,589 of 8,215
Cayin have been incredibly short-sighted with the A02 limited production run and will alienate some of their customer base with the decision to only make 500 A02 and no more, EVER.

Cayin said that A02 is a niche product, not many people will want one, but then released a new product, C9, after all the A02's have sold out. C9 is seemingly designed specifically to pair with the N6ii -> A02. ???

Cayin themselves have now created a new demand A02 perhaps above what was originally envisaged.

Cayin, I have no idea how many C9's you are intending to produce perhaps its < 500 too.

Perhaps there is another reason behind all this A02 situation that they are not telling us. But to me it reads like "we told you so, you didn't listen, its your fault you can't get an A02" not a good way to treat customers Cayin.

Cayin its not too late to reverse the A02 limited run and make some more, please do it now for the sake of your customer base.

Later this year A02 modules will be like the latest XBOX, PlayStation and RTX graphics cards, get your A02 second hand on ebay for > £1000
The thing that would turn this shortsightedness into a next-step strategy would be new DAP. Two wild ideas:

One would be a fully-fledged next-generation DAP. One that would combine all the goodies and strengths of N6ii and N8 into one unit, eradicating all their shortcomings. Could work in portable stand-alone, but would benefit from C9.

The other would be a DAP without amp, one that would be transportable and NEED the C9. Its DAC would be the summit of N6ii and N8, as in the first sketchy idea.

Just speculating for the fun of it.

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #5,590 of 8,215
The thing that would turn this shortsightedness into a next-step strategy would be new DAP. Two wild ideas:

One would be a fully-fledged next-generation DAP. One that would combine all the goodies and strengths of N6ii and N8 into one unit, eradicating all their shortcomings. Could work in portable stand-alone, but would benefit from C9.

The other would be a DAP without amp, one that would be transportable and NEED the C9. Its DAC would be the summit of N6ii and N8, as in the first sketchy idea.

Just speculating for the fun of it.
Good point to have. Andy explicitly mentioned that there are several new products to-be-released this year. A new player could be very well on the list. In that case, maybe a A02 board will not be needed by many if the new DAP can also do a good LO job.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #5,591 of 8,215

If you do a quick google search for A02 motherboard, you will see that it is still in stock in Hifigo.

Feb 28, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #5,592 of 8,215
So... I've just read this whole thread at 373 pages long and am impressed with everyones input and offers of resolves! There seems to be a great liaison with the Cayin Representative who is most helpful with all technicalities which is impressive. I'm looking forward to joining the owners club with my N6ii and A02 which is en route to me. Thereafter, I hope my C9 arrives in good time after placing my pre order. Many thanks to all who contributed their views and findings on this thread as it helped greatly with my decision making and in view of the set up procedures needed when I receive mine. Keep up the brilliant work and posts and I hope I can contribute some day to the thread with some of my findings.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #5,593 of 8,215
Good point to have. Andy explicitly mentioned that there are several new products to-be-released this year. A new player could be very well on the list. In that case, maybe a A02 board will not be needed by many of the new DAP can also do a good LO job.
Ok, time to sell my A02 while it is still desirable ? 😂. Could you link the post from Andy ?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #5,595 of 8,215

Attachments

• EF36725E-E019-406D-A22C-E79FBCF6CAF2.png
    EF36725E-E019-406D-A22C-E79FBCF6CAF2.png
    928.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back