Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 3, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #4,531 of 8,214
It is definitely only with the Solaris so far. I plugged my HE1000's in even though I knew it wouldn't do them justice but I got no noise out of those it was dead silent other than the music playing.

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #4,532 of 8,214
It is definitely only with the Solaris so far. I plugged my HE1000's in even though I knew it wouldn't do them justice but I got no noise out of those it was dead silent other than the music playing.

Maybe its the crossover inside iems doing this?

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #4,533 of 8,214
Maybe its the crossover inside iems doing this?
I am not sure. I will have to try some different IEM's later when I can. I can try the Andromeda I have as well. I do like the warmth and added weight to the bass on the N6ii E02. I don't like the hiss though. The M15 definitely is quieter but it is leaner in the bass department. This is why I wanted to start auditioning some different DAPs. I wish I could have auditioned both the E02 and T01 but that wasn't an option. I like the N6ii otherwise but the noise level on the E02 is just a bit too much for my tastes with the Solaris. I know the Solaris is known for this with a lot of sources but the M15 is much quieter.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #4,534 of 8,214
I did just notice that if I turn my head to the left I get more of that squealing noise. It is really weird but it is only on the N6ii. No issues at all on the M15. So there is something in the N6ii E02 that is causing a weird interference of some sort.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #4,536 of 8,214
I did some pre preview yesterday just was checking on how it sounds.

And from first things that strikes the most between T01 and E02 is the organic feel of the sound the bass the thickness T01 is more fun vs E02

Also found T01 to be sharper snd bites more on treble when compared on same tracks the E02 felt very plesant easy soft. The T01 could hit the harsh siblant territory slightly, it is pushed a little more then what I would be comfortable with.

Bass hits better on T01 very organic fun enjoyable and bigger in mass!

E02 has best accurate tonality it almost feels like real life like 🙂
But not as fun as T01.
I only wish t01 had the treble of E02 and keep the rest all of T01.

So big spotlights are
T01 more organic more fun a very flavorful color with plenty of good vibe and drive to the sound!

E02 a very accurate dac amp module.
Life like tonality.
More control in bass and better treble definition.
This is like the best option for those who like realistic music presentation a somewhat closer to natural sound feel.

For me I found T01 really the big fun module )
More test will be done later this is just a pre preview taste 🙃😉🙃

Interesting what you say there. From your pre preview it sounds as though E02 is a more accurate sound without too much colourisation. Perhaps your later full impressions will look at that. From what you say it kind of reminds me of listening to the A&K house signature; more accurate and crisper but, to my ears, lacking a little bit in fun or musicality compared to the A01 or T01 (that could be my preference for some warmth though).

I guess the only true way to find out is to buy the E02 myself.

I’m a bit worried about what both you and @crazyeyes have said about the noise though.

I’m looking forward to your full impressions.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #4,537 of 8,214
I am not sure. I will have to try some different IEM's later when I can. I can try the Andromeda I have as well. I do like the warmth and added weight to the bass on the N6ii E02. I don't like the hiss though. The M15 definitely is quieter but it is leaner in the bass department. This is why I wanted to start auditioning some different DAPs. I wish I could have auditioned both the E02 and T01 but that wasn't an option. I like the N6ii otherwise but the noise level on the E02 is just a bit too much for my tastes with the Solaris. I know the Solaris is known for this with a lot of sources but the M15 is much quieter.

I'm pretty sensitive with hiss and I had easily noticeable hiss with Andro and Solaris SE in balanced (with A01/T01, don't have E02). In single-ended and quiet evening listening, I almost always use IEMatch because there is still a faint hiss (with A01/T01/E01). I like Andro out of A01 SE direct when hiss doesn't bother me. I basically stay away from CFA most of the time :)

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #4,538 of 8,214
For those curious about my impressions of my wm1z/Romi to N6ii.
Well to make it quick you can simply go buy a used wm1z and mod it, thats it lol

N6ii is a fun engaging dap with a diversity of sound presentation which are all great and really good for feet tapping moments for many hours!

But unfortunately it stops there, it simply cant and I believe not built to go to ToTl territory...

Things like noise, app crash, very hot, interferences while charging and listening... hiss in the background.

Stability and quickness of Ui software.

All that makes it top tier but not ToTl.

Sound wise the closest I can say is, combine amp T01 and E02 together and you got something that resembles a lot 1z/romi sound.
Tough its still behind and not as organic and musical. 1z/romi is simply a heavenly beautiful palace for your soul.
Extremely clean hiss free and bliss.

I will admit when I listen to n6ii I am also enjoying it a lot if I stop thinking of my 1z. If there was no 1z I would definitely go with n6ii!

1z really deserves its place among legends of legends among the stars its that unique and emotional!

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #4,539 of 8,214

Get T01!

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #4,541 of 8,214
So I figured out my issue. There is something wrong with my left Solaris 2020 but weirdly it only shows itself on the N6ii not the M15. If I take the left Solaris 2020 out of my ear I don't hear it. It is almost like a bad MMCX connection or something. I don't get the issue with the same cable and my Andromeda 2020. Not sure if there is an issue with the crossover or something.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #4,542 of 8,214
I do however find that the hiss on the E02 is more than on the M15. But I haven't tested any of the other N6ii motherboards.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #4,543 of 8,214
I do however find that the hiss on the E02 is more than on the M15. But I haven't tested any of the other N6ii motherboards.
Did you check your gain settings?

Jun 3, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #4,545 of 8,214
So I figured out my issue. There is something wrong with my left Solaris 2020 but weirdly it only shows itself on the N6ii not the M15. If I take the left Solaris 2020 out of my ear I don't hear it. It is almost like a bad MMCX connection or something. I don't get the issue with the same cable and my Andromeda 2020. Not sure if there is an issue with the crossover or something.

😅
Have you tried keeping the left ear and taking the right one out🙃 maybe your left ear got a weaker grounding 🤣

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back