Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 30, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #392 of 8,192
May 30, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #396 of 8,192
I have the DX220 and FiiO M11 coming and I am keeping close tabs on this DAP also. :) A bit worried about the motherboard support though, I know iBasso has proven that they’re offering continuing support throughout their next devices but we will see what happens here.

May 30, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #397 of 8,192
I have the DX220 and FiiO M11 coming and I am keeping close tabs on this DAP also. :) A bit worried about the motherboard support though, I know iBasso has proven that they’re offering continuing support throughout their next devices but we will see what happens here.
Well those two daps are nice but no matter what they rave about they are both mid hifi sounding. I expect this N6II to sound better than mid hifi.

May 30, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #398 of 8,192
Well those two daps are nice but no matter what they rave about they are both mid hifi sounding. I expect this N6II to sound better than mid hifi.
I hope so, but I'm not sure if the A01 module will cut it though.

The design is similar to the op amp audio circuit found in the N8 and that only sounded "mid hifi". The special sauce of the N8 is its nutube output.

Perhaps it'll be better than mid fi with subsequent modules but judging from the few impressions we've got thus far, it'll 'just' be mid fi.

May 30, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #399 of 8,192
I hope so, but I'm not sure if the A01 module will cut it though.

The design is similar to the op amp audio circuit found in the N8 and that only sounded "mid hifi". The special sauce of the N8 is its nutube output.

Perhaps it'll be better than mid fi with subsequent modules but judging from the few impressions we've got thus far, it'll 'just' be mid fi.
Well, for me flat cold neutral sounding daps are boring to listen to, like eating plain white slice bread. Yes the tube amp is nice, but really for certain recordings. I mostly use the N8s solid state amp, it makes ceerain recordings sound good , especially fast music.

May 30, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #400 of 8,192
I don’t think DX220 or even DX200 and DX200TI are sounding like midfi DAPs like other DAPs I own before based on the judgement of my ears and tastes. Besides I have not listened to M11 sound so no comments here. I also hope N6ii won’t become a midfi DAP until after listening to it and compared with others with my own ears. :wink:

May 30, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #401 of 8,192
I don’t think DX220 or even DX200 and DX200TI are sounding like midfi DAPs like other DAPs I own before based on the judgement of my ears and tastes. Besides I have not listened to M11 sound so no comments here. I also hope N6ii won’t become a midfi DAP until after listening to it and compared with others with my own ears. :wink:
I heard and owned every dap you mentioned. Maybe you listen to music I dont listen to. Music like a piano, piano and a woman singing, a man with a fiddle, a man with a guitar are too boring and simple for me. Please dont say you believe the dx200/Ti/220 equals the N8/sp1000.

May 30, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #402 of 8,192
I heard and owned every dap you mentioned. Maybe you listen to music I dont listen to. Music like a piano, piano and a woman singing, a man with a fiddle, a man with a guitar are too boring and simple for me. Please dont say you believe the dx200/Ti/220 equals the N8/sp1000.
Any dap that comes close to TOTL at half it's price is good in my book. It doesn't have to match it.

In any case, have you tried the SP2000 yet? I heard that its a sizeable jump up from the SP1000.

May 30, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #403 of 8,192
Any dap that comes close to TOTL at half it's price is good in my book. It doesn't have to match it.

In any case, have you tried the SP2000 yet? I heard that its a sizeable jump up from the SP1000.
Well if its so good why you still seaching for another dap ? Sp2000 has not shipped to any shop yet. I had the SP1000 and it was very good with iems but also was filled with faults.

May 30, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #405 of 8,192
Well if its so good why you still seaching for another dap ? Sp2000 has not shipped to any shop yet. I had the SP1000 and it was very good with iems but also was filled with faults.
I never mentioned any single dap that could do that. That's why I'm still searching for it.

I already have a budget-mid fi dap (N5ii) that sounds close to mid fi daps twice its price . The logical next step up would be to get a mid fi dap that sounds close to TOTL daps twice its price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back