Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
Jun 4, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #1,171 of 1,977
nmatheis, I completely get what you're saying about the smaller DAP. I just wanted to make sure you knew that the N6 doesn't seem to be 'too powerful' for IEMs. At least ones that are 17 Ohm and 117db sensitivity. :)

I also agree on the UI improvements. Like I mentioned, Cayin seems quite receptive to feedback.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #1,172 of 1,977
nmatheis, I completely get what you're saying about the smaller DAP. I just wanted to make sure you knew that the N6 doesn't seem to be 'too powerful' for IEMs. At least ones that are 17 Ohm and 117db sensitivity. :)

I also agree on the UI improvements. Like I mentioned, Cayin seems quite receptive to feedback.

Thanks for clarifying that x RELIC x. The N6 seems like a great all-purpose portable hifi battle rig!

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #1,173 of 1,977
Thanks for clarifying that x RELIC x. The N6 seems like a great all-purpose portable hifi battle rig!

Lol! This is the first thing I thought of when you said "hifi battle rig!"

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_dnZHea_TI0[/VIDEO]

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #1,175 of 1,977
@Thomas Cayin - Now that Cayin has a successful DAP on the market, I'm wondering if Cayin would consider producing a smaller, less powerful DAP with same sound signature that would target audio enthusiasts who use IEM and less demanding headphones? Might be an interesting market to enter. Just a thought...

+1000

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,176 of 1,977
@Thomas Cayin - Now that Cayin has a successful DAP on the market, I'm wondering if Cayin would consider producing a smaller, less powerful DAP with same sound signature that would target audio enthusiasts who use IEM and less demanding headphones? Might be an interesting market to enter. Just a thought...

Cayin is VERY good at listening to their customers
wink.gif

AK100ii/120ii/240 -> AK Jr
FiiO X5/X5ii -> X3ii (or if you are really on a budget, X1)
Lotoo PAW Gold -> PAW 5000
Cayin N6 -> ???

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #1,177 of 1,977

Again, missed that one.

I had my trigger finger ready to buy one before I demo'd the N6 but I quickly realized the e12 I own (and therefore the C5) is too powerful for my IEM. It's a close race for me between the X5 II and the N6 as far as what I may get next. Also been considering Questyle and AK120 II. I realize they aren't in the same price ranges, just trying to weigh in on each DAPs strengths. @twister6's reviews have been quite helpful so far.

I agree. I was definitely leaning to getting the x5ii but twister's review of the N6 convinced me to order one of those instead.

At least this time I'm not being blamed for emptying someone's wallet with my review, but instead for helping to spend money
biggrin.gif
  Just as a little comment, after 15min of playing with X5ii last night, even so it's still not at the same level as N6, the improvement in Amp section bridging a gap a little closer.  Competition is really heating up...

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #1,178 of 1,977
Interesting..... @twister6 noted that X5+C5 = N6.

In that case: I love my ''alternative N6''
biggrin.gif

X5+C5 especially has great synergy (not bright at all) with my 1p2.

I've tried 2 times to get an open box N6 through bidding (no luck)...but since I've read that the N6 has a bright soundsignature, I'm not completely sure anymore that I'll like it...

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #1,179 of 1,977

At least this time I'm not being blamed for emptying someone's wallet with my review, but instead for helping to spend money
biggrin.gif
  Just as a little comment, after 15min of playing with X5ii last night, even so it's still not at the same level as N6, the improvement in Amp section bridging a gap a little closer.  Competition is really heating up...

Just because I didn't say I blame you doesn't mean I wasn't thinking it
tongue.gif

I took a gamble that the x5ii would not be a lot better than the x5. Initial impressions on the x5ii thread indicated a similar sound to the x5 so I figured I would jump on the N6 bandwagon...

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #1,183 of 1,977
So nice to have my n6 back in the house
smily_headphones1.gif

I must ask you - how is it you one day have Cayin N6, another you don't, then have it back again? 

Curious minds want to know.

Also,  there is much interest from our Australian members to audition this device getting such praise recently. Many people are contacting me.

If Cayin are interested in an Australian tour in-exchange for honest reviews please contact me via PM. @Cayin 

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #1,185 of 1,977
So I wanted to ask Cayin that maybe they can add some feature like "Analogue - HD/DSD" in Music options which would tame highs and hashness a little bit and maybe add a little body to the music? Lol, magic option :)

The thing is there is a very big demand for this feature on this player. If it would have this feature it would be perfect from all aspects. Currently it is quite problematic to use it with a wide variety of earphones which are bright/resolving.

It would be really great if we can just switch between detailed/bright presentation and musical/warm one. This would be Cayin killer feature.

I read that Cayin mentioned that they would like to skip such features but if it is physically and costwise possible to implement it I think you would get a lot of new Customers who would jump on this player.

I like everything about this player but upper midrange/highs sometime turn me off because they are too bright. I am very sorry but if there are no changes planned to be done firmware wise I would have to sell this player and move further trying to find more musical/warm :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back