Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
Jun 8, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #1,201 of 1,977
  My long overdue review of the Cayin N6 has just been posted.  
smily_headphones1.gif

LINK

Nice job, Craig. Enjoyable read, with excellent detail.

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #1,202 of 1,977
Jun 8, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #1,204 of 1,977
Two questions just popped up concerning N6

1.Is there  Search function so i can find a particular track or artist by name ?

2. Click and play entire folder ? ( Ie i may have 10 cd s by a given band in one folder , is there a method to just play entire folder ? ) .

Cheers

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #1,205 of 1,977
Since the latest firmware ( tho i only had unit a few days and not extensive testing with original fw )
sacd can be problematic .  Many tracks will freeze entire system up , for a minute or more
then move onto the next track , or sometimes the beginning of a track will do same thing .
Sometime the track wont move on to next and i have to hold power button for several seconds
till it powers off ( with a loud pop in my ears . One thing i like about N6 is no popping sound
when powering on or off under normal conditions ) .

Is there someway i can get the previous fw to test and hopefully erase this issue ?
Im having a heck of a time enjoying sacds under these conditions
Any advice appreciated
Cheers

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #1,206 of 1,977
With the firmware on the n6 you can just install the old firmware the same way you installed the new, it will just overwrite it. Nice and easy on this dap.

That being said, if you are asking where you can download it, It is on their website. If you google Cayin n6 firmware it should be one of the first links from memory. In fact, when I was trying to get 2.0, 1.6 kept coming up in my search results haha. Don tknow if this has changed though.

Good luck :)

Hope you have more luck.

Do NOT go back earlier than 1.6 as it is buggy as heck and the sacd issues will be the least of your worries lol.

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #1,208 of 1,977
With the firmware on the n6 you can just install the old firmware the same way you installed the new, it will just overwrite it. Nice and easy on this dap.

That being said, if you are asking where you can download it, It is on their website. If you google Cayin n6 firmware it should be one of the first links from memory. In fact, when I was trying to get 2.0, 1.6 kept coming up in my search results haha. Don tknow if this has changed though.

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope you have more luck.

Do NOT go back earlier than 1.6 as it is buggy as heck and the sacd issues will be the least of your worries lol.

Thanks mate

Yes i was wondering where to download it

Im daft id imagine i did look there and will again

Has this been an issue for ne one like im having ? Faulty isos perhaps ?

But they play in my oppo and on laptop ( obv.  not as sacd on lappy )

Cheers

Jun 10, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #1,210 of 1,977
For those of us living in Australia and New Zealand a wonderful opportunity to tour Cayin N6 is now available. 

If you would like to fill out an application please pop into the thread linked below.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771043/cayin-n6-dap-australian-new-zealand-tour-applications

Big thanks to Cayin for setting this up! 

Jun 10, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #1,211 of 1,977
  Two questions just popped up concerning N6

1.Is there  Search function so i can find a particular track or artist by name ?

2. Click and play entire folder ? ( Ie i may have 10 cd s by a given band in one folder , is there a method to just play entire folder ? ) .

Cheers

Hello Rozeqloud,

As for your two questions:

1. Our N6 does not have a Search function meeting your needs. Sorry about this.

2. In our next version of firmware you can Click and play entire folder. However as for now V2.0 does not. 

Best regards,

Cayin

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 10, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #1,212 of 1,977
  Since the latest firmware ( tho i only had unit a few days and not extensive testing with original fw )
sacd can be problematic .  Many tracks will freeze entire system up , for a minute or more
then move onto the next track , or sometimes the beginning of a track will do same thing .
Sometime the track wont move on to next and i have to hold power button for several seconds
till it powers off ( with a loud pop in my ears . One thing i like about N6 is no popping sound
when powering on or off under normal conditions ) .

Is there someway i can get the previous fw to test and hopefully erase this issue ?
Im having a heck of a time enjoying sacds under these conditions
Any advice appreciated
Cheers

Regarding your question on Playback of SACD files we need you to help check the format of the SACD files. Is it DST format or DSD format? Our N6 only support DSD format of SACD ISO files.

As for freeze problem it will be improved in our next version of firmware which is targeted to be released on June 23rd.

Best regards,

Cayin

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #1,214 of 1,977
  For those of us living in Australia and New Zealand a wonderful opportunity to tour Cayin N6 is now available. 

If you would like to fill out an application please pop into the thread linked below.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771043/cayin-n6-dap-australian-new-zealand-tour-applications

Big thanks to Cayin for setting this up! 

Many thanks to you too H20Fidelity for helping organize a tour over there. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #1,215 of 1,977
Very nice and detail review. It is now on the front page and thanks very much x RELIC x. :)

My pleasure, very happy to have had the opportunity. And a big 'thank you' to CTC Audio for setting it up.

:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back