Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
May 29, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,067 of 1,977
Hi guys! Has anyone ever listened to Cayin N6 with Fostex TH-900? Just need someone else's opinion because it seems to me like this DAP doesn't bring out full potential of these headpones, though it seems to play really good.

And what do you think about N6 and HE-500? Will HiFiMan leave any chances for Cayin?)

May 29, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,068 of 1,977
Finally the second micro sd arrived so back to fw2.0.The soundstage is decreased in depth but the sound as a whole is more balanced.The mids especially are more fleshed out,natural and less distant than before.The treble is more energetic and combined with ie800 it attributes to some of the most lifelike vocals i have heard yet.(The mids that this earphone can achieve with the right source are jaw dropping and worth the price of admission alone).

While on the subject of micro sd has anyone tried the new sandisk 200gb to see if it is compatible with n6?

May 29, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #1,070 of 1,977
Got it twice. Everything is OK.

And how about:
"Hi guys! Has anyone ever listened to Cayin N6 with Fostex TH-900? Just need someone else's opinion because it seems to me like this DAP doesn't bring out full potential of these headpones, though it seems to play really good.

And what do you think about N6 and HE-500? Will HiFiMan leave any chances for Cayin?)"

May 29, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #1,073 of 1,977
Finally the second micro sd arrived so back to fw2.0.The soundstage is decreased in depth but the sound as a whole is more balanced.The mids especially are more fleshed out,natural and less distant than before.The treble is more energetic and combined with ie800 it attributes to some of the most lifelike vocals i have heard yet.(The mids that this earphone can achieve with the right source are jaw dropping and worth the price of admission alone).

While on the subject of micro sd has anyone tried the new sandisk 200gb to see if it is compatible with n6?

I am glad to hear 2.0 did the trick. What you describe are the exact changes I heard and why I recommended you give it another try :)

May 29, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #1,074 of 1,977
I am glad to hear 2.0 did the trick. What you describe are the exact changes I heard and why I recommended you give it another try
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed.The fw2.0 is more musical because of the bump in treble and the better positioned mids.I just had to wait for the micro sd to format to fat32,i had trouble with the guiformat and couldn't do it from win7 since the card is 64gb.Had to use wizard,let's see what the next fw brings in june,hopefully it moves in that direction signature wise but with a little more expanded soundstage.

May 31, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #1,080 of 1,977
Cayin,
what would be the key changes of the new firmware to be released?
thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back