Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
May 28, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #1,051 of 1,977
Indeed....I use mine with JVC FX1100 cable and it seems to open up a bit and no EQ...But still think highs need a small reduction overall to make N6 less picky and sound smoother from one iem to another

I'm using it with $400 pure silver cable (not in the picture above, that one is original Epic cable).  Still dark sound, thought relative comparison to a few dozen of my other neutral or bright headphones :wink:  Waiting to receive review sample of W60, hear it's a step up!

May 28, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #1,052 of 1,977
  Some of our best islands along with Paros,Corfu,Rhodes and Mykonos.You will certainly have a great time so no wishes on my part.Some of the most beautiful women in Europe too(but that's another story since you're married
biggrin.gif
).

I am still waiting for my Cayin so I can bring it with me....to play "music to watch girls by"!!!!

....JUST lookin'

May 28, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #1,053 of 1,977
I'm using it with $400 pure silver cable (not in the picture above, that one is original Epic cable).  Still dark sound, thought relative comparison to a few dozen of my other neutral or bright headphones :wink:  Waiting to receive review sample of W60, hear it's a step up!

Twister, you should get your hands 9n a review copy of the Angie's. Your thoughts on those compared to the pro50 would be helpful.

May 28, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #1,054 of 1,977

I'm using it with $400 pure silver cable (not in the picture above, that one is original Epic cable).  Still dark sound, thought relative comparison to a few dozen of my other neutral or bright headphones
wink.gif
  Waiting to receive review sample of W60, hear it's a step up!

Twister, you should get your hands 9n a review copy of the Angie's. Your thoughts on those compared to the pro50 would be helpful.

Don't know if it's going to happen, but you can read Eric's comment about this comparison here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/677181/westone-um-pro-series-thread/1335#post_11617795

May 28, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #1,055 of 1,977

I'm using it with $400 pure silver cable (not in the picture above, that one is original Epic cable).  Still dark sound, thought relative comparison to a few dozen of my other neutral or bright headphones :wink:   Waiting to receive review sample of W60, hear it's a step up!

Don't know if it's going to happen, but you can read Eric's comment about this comparison here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/677181/westone-um-pro-series-thread/1335#post_11617795

I would agree with his thoughts whole heartily. I'll also say the Angie pairs VERY well with the N6. Very well indeed. As far as them being dryer all that's required is a slight turn of the bass adjustment on the cable and things fill out nicely. No bleed in the mids and textured, detailed bass while still retaining that magical layering of frequencies.

May 28, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,056 of 1,977
Hmn interesting.
I currently have the Tralucent Ref1too and using it with the n6 is amazing.
I was considering moving to customs again by way of the Angie.
The trade off is I would need to sell my Ref1's too fund the Angie.

Sadly I cannot audition the Angies so I am not sure I am willing to take the plunge haha.

May 28, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #1,057 of 1,977
Hmn interesting.
I currently have the Tralucent Ref1too and using it with the n6 is amazing.
I was considering moving to customs again by way of the Angie.
The trade off is I would need to sell my Ref1's too fund the Angie.

Sadly I cannot audition the Angies so I am not sure I am willing to take the plunge haha.

From what I've read on the ref1plus2 (no audition) has similar qualities to the Angie. It would be a tough choice without auditioning.

May 28, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #1,058 of 1,977
From what I've read on the ref1plus2 (no audition) has similar qualities to the Angie. It would be a tough choice without auditioning.

Hmn, perhaps I will need to annoy the retailer over here some more to open a box for me haha.
I was going to go in and try it last week (its 45mins each way to the store, and that is from work, which is 2 hours from my home lol).
But they informed me they only had one in stock, so tehy were un-willing to open it for demo.  Which I can understand, but it was a little disappointing.

THey did offer an audition of the Layla, however over here that is sfignificantly out of budget.  Heck with the $ how it is at the moment, even the Angie is up there.  Considering 12 months ago I could get a Wizard design K10 custom for the price of a universal Angie now.

May 29, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #1,060 of 1,977
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back