Cayin n5ii
Nov 30, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #46 of 77
This is the only thing on my xmas list this year! Up for pre-order in the US on Musicteck.

Oh, MusicTeck is already on the move! That is lovely!

I should hear a N5ii sometime soon as well. Can't wait for it, since Cayin DAPs always looked amazing to me, but I never had the chance to hear one before.

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #48 of 77
:thumbsup:
do you know when will be available in the US?

I don't have the exact date, but we are preparing the order and expect to dispatch early next week, so I would say this is round the corner already.

Right now, US, UK, Spain, Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines, and Thailand has confirmed their order and queuing for dispatch, details of these locations are listed in the following link:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...tal-audio-player.862763/page-17#post-13883134

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 5, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #50 of 77
Cayin N5ii with KZ ZS6 2.5 TRRS plug

Attachments

• 20171205_134608.jpg
    20171205_134608.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 9, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #52 of 77
It certainly is an exciting time time to be shopping with the level of compitition out there. I'm looking to pick up my first DAP. Can anyone provide a comparison with other "mid-fi" daps at this price point like the Shanling m3s and the hidiz ap200 that are entering the market. Thank you

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #53 of 77
I know there aren't a lot of reviews out yet, but would some consider this an upgrade to the X5iii? I like mine but get irked by the UI sometimes. Considering selling my X5 in favor of this or maybe the Opus#1s. IDK, just a thought. Some really nice units out there in this market region...

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #54 of 77
I know there aren't a lot of reviews out yet, but would some consider this an upgrade to the X5iii? I like mine but get irked by the UI sometimes. Considering selling my X5 in favor of this or maybe the Opus#1s. IDK, just a thought. Some really nice units out there in this market region...
I listen to X5iii. I instantly ignore it when I hear the non-run-in N5ii. Everything just sound so natural.

Dec 19, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #55 of 77

Opus is overrated, has outdated software, it's player stops while playing and quirks with long tracks. I had one and sold because of these bugs.

Dec 19, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #56 of 77
Opus is overrated, has outdated software, it's player stops while playing and quirks with long tracks. I had one and sold because of these bugs.
Must have been a long time, it runs perfectly right now and the UI is nearly flawless since 2.00 firmware.
The music app only stops playing upon resuming after a very long deep sleep period, and it restarts within 5 seconds without any intervention. This is the only noteworthy bug.

I have bought the X5iii when it was released, and the UI was laggy and a bug fest. Most bugs have been ironed out since, but it's still relatively laggy (not enough ram), and has awful autonomy (6 hours at best). Soundwise X5iii is relatively boring, although slightly warm. Opus 1 has way better soundstage, more powerful bass and more extended treble, although some may find it a bit bright. Autonomy is nearly twice longer due to the absence of bluetooth and wifi, and the deep sleep feature is enough to make you hate any other dap when you have to wait for 30 seconds to start it up.

All tastes are in nature, but when people ask for comparison, please at least compare instead of simply bashing one DAP.
To be fair, I only consider X5iii to be beta work prior to X7mkii release, which is way better in every aspect I mentioned.

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #57 of 77
I changed Pioneer XDP-100R for Opus#1 normal version. After a few days I deeply regret my moove. Pioneer was bigger, but better in many ways. So now Opus has a new owner, and I've upgraded to XDP-300 (balanced out really shows difference on proper cables). No more Opus with outdated firmware and faulty player.
I only hope that Cayin team smash all the bugs in their firmwares. Wanna buy N5-II, but not until FW 1.2 (at least) arrives.

Dec 20, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #58 of 77
How sad. It seems that after all that has been written about companies releasing betaware on the general public, Cayin are about to do the same. The damage this will do to their reputation is incalculable. So many people are now not touching anything from FiiO or Onkyo or Pioneer or iBasso or Shanling and that is not an exhaustive list by any means - Samsung, Sony and Philips all appear on my list. All of those makers have put out devices that needed several releases of firmware to become fully functional - indeed some never achieved it. Those who know about Head-Fi will watch and wait but most will simply shrug their shoulders that they got conned and add another name to their Black List.

The N5ii is the closest yet to my desired spec list (although still some way off - particularly battery life) but the news that USB output is broken and will be broken for some time means I won't be buying it yet.

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #59 of 77
In my opinion in asiatic companies there are a few internal tests. Most of them are racing to bring new model every year. Opus, Cayin, iBasso - these are in my mind. Look at iBasso FW developmnent, for DX200 there is one, for all others not at all. I have solution for Cayin - put beta test program on loose with some awards and you'll receive good anser from HF community.

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #60 of 77
Cayin is using beta tester, but even that is not enough.

You have to consider that having someone able able to write software and/or modify the android OS it's not easy at all, considering that the hardware is different from dap to dap, and very expensive too.

I've never been a big fan of the android OS, starting with the smartphone to the DAP.
I prefer an OS that just play music, i really love the WM1 os but only a company like Sony can invest in a different OS, all the small companies have to come compromise.
When I use the dx200 I go straight to the mango os, I really don't care about Wifi, bluetooth, and streaming music, but this is just me and may be I'm getting old :ksc75smile:!

I work in automotive, and I'm sure anybody who owned a car has been involve in a recall campaign to fix some defective components, and it's happening more and more since the electronic is increasing, and the necessity of reducing costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back