Cayin n5ii
Aug 16, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #16 of 77
Found this HERE

[2017 high-level audio-visual exhibition] Zhuhai Spark booth to steal Cayin N5 MKII engineering machine

Cayin can be said to be very fast in recent years, the national brand, this year's booth with the same year last year, one side is two channels, the other side is DAP products. And this year's most noteworthy must be the new DAP N5 MK2 engineering opportunities in the exhibition area to let the enthusiasts try to play.White the king played, it is better to Dixia Drainage introduced first !!!

The appearance of different use of touch screen
Cayin N5II is N5 successor, it is a great change, the use of the touch screen system to switch to the Android system, with 3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced headphone output, and with dual microSD card slot. The new machine will be launched with 10, the official price is undetermined, but the Hong Kong agent said the price of the previous generation is more than 3000 yuan, I believe N5II price will not be much worse, because the current venue is placed in the engineering machine, the specifications may There are still changes.

∇ In addition to the switch on the left side of the fuselage, the volume dial, play button are concentrated in the right side of the fuselage.

∇ with dual card slot design, you can play more songs.

∇ absorb the views of users, this generation plus 2.5mm balanced headphone jack.

∇ Use the USB-C jack.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #17 of 77
Got 2 Photos of Cayin N5 II from Japan

nfSdjjV.jpg

5A34JP4.jpg

Nice! Im not sure if im totally sold on the layout and shape from pictures. May look better in real life.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #18 of 77
Nice! Im not sure if im totally sold on the layout and shape from pictures. May look better in real life.
Once its out a better assessment can be made.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #19 of 77
Beside the exposed microsd slots, this is definitely very ergonomic with connectors above (for pocket use), the most useful buttons on one side (except the power button that you don't want close to other controls) and a very accessible volume knob (again great for pocket use).
Simple, but effective, and Cayin is usually good with UIs.

USB C is a nice bonus, provided it works faster than the USB port of N5, which was a bit temperamental.

Aug 16, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #20 of 77
From what I tired the machine is almost finished. Maybe some more refinement on the software, but the SQ part is done . I am not sure tho if they will keep the two touch buttons under the screen, as they did not work when I tried and there are virtual buttons instead.

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #21 of 77
If they keep the scroll wheel in gold it is unbuyable. Hope the USB-C port is a real USB-C port and not only USB 2.0 in shape of USB-C.
Be aware of essential UI-shortcomings (sorting, gapless) which never get fixed and then later the hardware maker of the internal components gets blamed for it.
Cayin lost a lot of reputation for how they secretly abandoned the i5.

I might be willing to give them another chance but I am sceptical.

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #22 of 77
If they keep the scroll wheel in gold it is unbuyable. Hope the USB-C port is a real USB-C port and not only USB 2.0 in shape of USB-C.
Be aware of essential UI-shortcomings (sorting, gapless) which never get fixed and then later the hardware maker of the internal components gets blamed for it.

I might be willing to give them another chance but I am sceptical.
Agree with most of what you say. What is up with that wheel! Its more like a road -roller.

Aug 17, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #24 of 77
The capacitive back/home buttons are a nice addition but redundant if the same functions are also on screen right above them. Hopefully this is just a case of the unit being a preproduction model and the on screen nav bar disappears. Maybe it's just an OCD thing, not sure how others feel about it.

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #25 of 77
i5 was out for me the day they announced it because it didn't offer ANY features that would make it differ from an audiophile smartphone (limited capacity, no balanced output...).

My reference point is still the first N5 because it was an amazing experience for the price. Only the antique UI and slight hiss with the balanced output made me switch to other DAPs.

That being said, +100000 for the GOLDEN wheel, this has to go away ! Just pick up a more "subtle" color, no need for useless bling-bling.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #27 of 77
I found this interview on the N5 II though the translation is rough through Google translate. https://www.spill.hk/audiovisual/Cayin-Manager-LiangBin-N5ii-DAP/

I was interested in it at first but once I found out it is android based and offers wifi and streaming audio it losts its appeal. I don't want to pay for features I don't want or need.

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #29 of 77
If the sound quality is similar to the N3 but better, this could be huge for me. Been looking for a balanced DAP as opposed to a transport/DAC combo and I'm pretty much loving Cayin after the N3.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #30 of 77
Beside the exposed microsd slots, this is definitely very ergonomic with connectors above (for pocket use), the most useful buttons on one side (except the power button that you don't want close to other controls) and a very accessible volume knob (again great for pocket use).
Simple, but effective, and Cayin is usually good with UIs.

Well, i really dont like the connectors on top for pocket use. This way, u can only adjust the volume, unlike the Ibasso DX80 where u can start/pause and skip titles when it is in the pocket. Ok, if u have baggypants, u can reach the knobs easily :D

And, in fact -> the gold volume knob is unbuyable unless u live in southern asia....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back