Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Nov 24, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #4,051 of 4,108
Looks like lates version of Google Play Services 14.7.99, that currently available on Market, is having issues. After uninstall Google Play Updates you can install this version of Google Play services : 14.5.81 (020300-221753714) or 14.3.66 (020300-213742215) . It fixed Google Play Music and Youtube Music for me and i do not getting "services stop" error and "update Play Services" requests. All apk you can find on apkmirror.com site. Just be sure that you choosing 020300 version.
Any chance of posting an idiot's guide on how to install Google Play please?

May 20, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #4,053 of 4,108
So I just received my Cayin N5II back from China. The factory repair seems to have gone smoothly. The original problem was that I lost the left channel on the 2.5 balanced jack. While I was at it, I also asked the factory to replace the battery. It sure is nice to see the battery show 100% as an option.

So it was roughly a $100 repair, but 3/4 of that was shipping. $25 for the repair; $45 to ship DHL from China, and $28 to ship to China via USPS.

My thanks to Linda at Cayin for her help in this.

I did miss this unit. It has a smooth sound and is a nice alternative to the HiBy R5. For night listening, I prefer the Cayin. I mainly use Amazon HD on the Hiby, and while it works it is less flexible and often has long delays between operation requests (like show playlists, play a playlist....).

May 20, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #4,054 of 4,108
So I just received my Cayin N5II back from China. The factory repair seems to have gone smoothly. The original problem was that I lost the left channel on the 2.5 balanced jack. While I was at it, I also asked the factory to replace the battery. It sure is nice to see the battery show 100% as an option.

So it was roughly a $100 repair, but 3/4 of that was shipping. $25 for the repair; $45 to ship DHL from China, and $28 to ship to China via USPS.

My thanks to Linda at Cayin for her help in this.

I did miss this unit. It has a smooth sound and is a nice alternative to the HiBy R5. For night listening, I prefer the Cayin. I mainly use Amazon HD on the Hiby, and while it works it is less flexible and often has long delays between operation requests (like show playlists, play a playlist....).
Mine is no longer in service.

I originally sent mine back to repair the charging circuit (for the 4th time) and it came back with the screen damaged. Cayin no longer had any screens left nor had any N5iiS units left so they sent me an N3 Pro as a replacement instead after some "negotiation"

May 20, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #4,055 of 4,108
The N3Pro is an interesting unit. I like the sound of the Triode mode. But that tube gets so darned hot; at least on the review unit I had.

Sorry Cayin could not fix the machine. But the new unit is likely to have a far greater resale market. When its time.

I am still perversely attached to my unit even with its shortcomings.

May 20, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #4,056 of 4,108
The N3Pro is an interesting unit. I like the sound of the Triode mode. But that tube gets so darned hot; at least on the review unit I had.

Sorry Cayin could not fix the machine. But the new unit is likely to have a far greater resale market. When its time.

I am still perversely attached to my unit even with its shortcomings.
I would say its a minor upgrade/sidegrade over the N5ii. Both solid state SE and Balanced out is a downgrade SQ wise while Triode mode is an upgrade, while ultralinear mode may be an upgrade / downgrade depending on how you like the boosted mids. Personally i find that it sounds artificial as the vocals sound too forward with ultralinear mode.

The DX160 on the other hand is an all around upgrade over the N5ii.

May 21, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #4,057 of 4,108
Frankly I would not purchase the N3 pro. Too many other interesting units from Shanling, FIIO, iBasso.
Now that this unit is back and working that takes the pressure off looking at new toys.
My key new feature is how well the units handle apps like Amazon Music HD or possibly Apple Music in Lossless.

May 21, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #4,058 of 4,108
Frankly I would not purchase the N3 pro. Too many other interesting units from Shanling, FIIO, iBasso.
Now that this unit is back and working that takes the pressure off looking at new toys.
My key new feature is how well the units handle apps like Amazon Music HD or possibly Apple Music in Lossless.
I would have gone with the M11 Pro instead of the DX160 if only it was smaller. Higher end daps are getting too big.

Jun 3, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #4,059 of 4,108
The issued was reported in the early stage of N5ii, we have investigated the problem and confirmed the original 2.5mm socket mounting was the weak link, we have modify our production process and reinforced the mount with our won tools. So 2.5mm socket problem of N5ii should be an issue to the late production batch.

In addition, the N5ii has been replaced by N5iiS already, and we have replaced numerous components to higher quality options including the screen, chassis, power filter capacitor and the 2.5mm/3.5mm phone sockets. Details of the changes has been explained here.

Hello there. I also have the Cayin n5 ii. But I'm having trouble with the 2.5mm jack. I am in Turkey and how do I solve this problem?

I lost my job due to the covid pandemic. There's no way I can give you $200 or something. Is there a possibility to repair the 2.5 mm jack that broke down after the device was opened? I will be glad if you comment.

Jun 5, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #4,060 of 4,108
I must have had an early production unit because my 2.5mm jack went bad. Only one channel was working.

I sent the unit to China for Cayin to repair it. Shipping was expensive, the repair was inexpensive. About $15 to fix the jack. I also replaced the battery which was only $10 or so.

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #4,061 of 4,108
I must have had an early production unit because my 2.5mm jack went bad. Only one channel was working.

I sent the unit to China for Cayin to repair it. Shipping was expensive, the repair was inexpensive. About $15 to fix the jack. I also replaced the battery which was only $10 or so.
Thanks my friend. I also contacted the cayin, I am waiting for the mail.

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #4,063 of 4,108
Glad that this thread is still alive. Recently I took out my N5IIs from my drawer. Well love the wonderful sound from this little dap 🙂

Jul 31, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #4,064 of 4,108
D7CE6090-20D4-43E3-8B44-EC17B90DD97B.jpeg

Jul 31, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #4,065 of 4,108
I am surprised my N5iis can play Apple Music in Hi-Res Lossless 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back