Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jun 21, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #3,856 of 4,108
And this is with N5iis, meaning with the better screen specs than the N5. I can't imagine how it may look like on the N5 screen outside ...
So...? And...? Any suggestions? Why do you think inverted color scheme is a key (and implementation of it is possible at all for display Cayin used in production of this DAP)? May I ask you - whats purpose of 'rising the issue'?
I used N5 before N5II (and it still has its place on my shelf). Display was not deal-breaker to listen. So it is true in case of N5II/N5IIS

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #3,858 of 4,108
May I ask you - whats purpose of 'rising the issue'?

You"re thanking Admin @AxelCloris for removing arguing posts, and you start over again, suggesting only you would thave the right to define what is good or not to be reported.

I won't follow you on that line, this is my last post to you on that matter, and my guess is all of these will thankfully be removed again by admin.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #3,859 of 4,108
FB_IMG_1558028132041.jpg

Hey, I'm a user of Cayin N5II from Indonesia

I need a coaxial cable for my desktop dac

Cayin CS 30TCR but i not find it in my country

Can you help me to give me a cable type USB C diagram to the RCA coaxcial for cayin n5ii

Thank you very much for help me

God bless

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #3,863 of 4,108
Andy:

You are correct that the only PM I sent you personally was regarding headphone impedance, so I have revised my post above. I’ve responded via private message about everything else but will share any solution here if there is one, other than ‘don’t reformat your device.’

--------------------------

I wanted to test the N5ii a month before posting again. No solution from Cayin Support who say they’ve never seen these issues before. So take heart that it’s only me, I guess. The device has been working fine after 5 weeks--after the 5th or so factory reset "resurrected" the internal memory; after it additionally fried a storage card; and after I swapped the cable.

Cayin Support, with Andy’s help, finally acknowledged my emails for help; I provided descriptions and the below images of the internal memory at 0GB, then "resurrected" but the MicroSD unreadable (also unreadable in any Mac or PC).

With a new MicroSD card in place, I also swapped the provided HiBy cable with an AmazonBasics one, guessing (because all I have are guesses) maybe the issues came from the original cable having bad resistance (as some bad USB Type-C cables do). For their part, Cayin Support said "it has nothing to do with the cable."

Disappeared internal memory / "Resurrected" internal memory but storage card
& storage card okay... / unreadable (replacement card okay after 5 weeks)...
Cayin Issues.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #3,866 of 4,108
I agree that cayin is not alone in releasing pre-betaish products, I can also appreciate that there a lot of moving parts. But a tacit expectation that buying a dap below 600$ comes with flawed software is ridiculous.

It's our job as consumers and reviewers to make sure the companies don't get complacent with this culture of releasing half baked products.

No one, not even audiophiles, should have to be power users to use a music player.

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #3,867 of 4,108
I love the sound of the Cayin N5ii (I owned the first version of the DAP, not the S version). Has anyone been able to compare the sound with the Fiio M11?

For me, not yet comparing to M11 but I have N5ii also and Onkyo DP-S1. I think Cayin N5ii wins me with some earphones like Moondrop Liebesleid or VE BIE (iem from VE Zen 2.0 maker) than Onkyo DP-S1. In the same time, some earphones, like ATH-CKR100iS or some high impedance earbuds, I prefer Onkyo DP-S1 more. IMHO, each DAP has its own way to produce sound signature to match or not match earphones that depending on your taste. :)

Jun 28, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #3,868 of 4,108
I have the N5iis and it is a step up from the N5ii and to be honest I prefer to use it more than my Ibasso DX220, particularly for battery life and tbh, I struggle to hear the difference in balanced mode on both between them.

Jun 28, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #3,870 of 4,108
My n5iis doesn't even charge anymore... good stuff. It goes to cayin splash screen and never fully powers up. Plugging in wall outlet, battery pack, or via USB on a PC does not charge the device... rip $469
Just happened to encounter that problem recently. A factory reset fixed it.

Hold down the top button on the right along with the power button, then go to factory reset and select yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back