Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jun 28, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #3,871 of 4,108
Just happened to encounter that problem recently. A factory reset fixed it.

Hold down the top button on the right along with the power button, then go to factory reset and select yes.

I was able to get to the factory reset option and hit yes on the first try, but then it just powered off and not even getting to cayin splash screen or recovery via power+volume up anymore.

Jun 28, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #3,872 of 4,108
I was able to get to the factory reset option and hit yes on the first try, but then it just powered off and not even getting to cayin splash screen or recovery via power+volume up anymore.
Ok, now try charging it for half an hour.

Does it just heat up and still not boot? In that case it may be a problem with the charging IC

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #3,874 of 4,108
I love the sound of the Cayin N5ii (I owned the first version of the DAP, not the S version). Has anyone been able to compare the sound with the Fiio M11?

Sure, I've demo'd the M11 and own the N5ii.

M11
- amazingly fast UI, if you're a streamer, this is your ideal DAP
- larger and more beautiful touch screen
- feels more premium
- love the extra 4.4mm socket
- feels like a smartphone tbh
- the signature is kind of colder, leaning towards neutral, detailed, but imo, a little in your face, didn't like the soundstage

N5ii
- love the small form factor
- awful UI, it's super slow and not that responsive
- love the volume knob
- the sound signature is on the warmer side, I love the mid-bass and lower mid boost it has, giving neutral or colder sounding IEMs life in the vocals and a tighter and more impactful bass
- it has a wider soundstage than the M11 and my XDP300R which I really like
- balanced mode is on another level, takes separation, details and dynamics up another level, it's actually very incredible

If you could take the SQ of the N5ii and combine it with the UI of the M11, I'd have very ideal DAP right there.

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #3,875 of 4,108
Btw, @Andykong, how do I get rid of the "Google Play stopped working" popup I get every time I start up the DAP? I have 3.6EN firmware and it's pretty annoying.

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #3,876 of 4,108
[QUOTE = "Colors, post: 15049572, member: 493059"] Btw, [USER = 381684] @Andykong [/ USER], comment puis-je me débarrasser du popup "Google Play arrêté de fonctionner" que je reçois à chaque démarrage? le DAP? J'ai un firmware 3.6EN et c'est assez ennuyant. [/ QUOTE]
Hello, if it can help you, this error of google play, I put the question to the support Cayin on Messenger, the answer, I downloaded the firm on their site copy it on the memory card, and I flashed from the recovery (turn off the dap, and press the play + Power button) once the dap turned on after flash, disable the automatic update in google play, that's what I did with my n5iis, and I fixed my problem, excuse my very bad english, (Google translator)

Jul 8, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #3,877 of 4,108
I have the N5iis and it is a step up from the N5ii and to be honest I prefer to use it more than my Ibasso DX220, particularly for battery life and tbh, I struggle to hear the difference in balanced mode on both between them.
What about hiss... I found N5iiS better manage it, but DX220 Mids make me forget about it...

+1 if talk about battery life, even in balanced...

Just my 2c

Jul 8, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #3,878 of 4,108
[QUOTE = "Colors, post: 15049572, member: 493059"] Btw, [USER = 381684] @Andykong [/ USER], comment puis-je me débarrasser du popup "Google Play arrêté de fonctionner" que je reçois à chaque démarrage? le DAP? J'ai un firmware 3.6EN et c'est assez ennuyant. [/ QUOTE]
Hello, if it can help you, this error of google play, I put the question to the support Cayin on Messenger, the answer, I downloaded the firm on their site copy it on the memory card, and I flashed from the recovery (turn off the dap, and press the play + Power button) once the dap turned on after flash, disable the automatic update in google play, that's what I did with my n5iis, and I fixed my problem, excuse my very bad english, (Google translator)

I tried this fix on my N5ii with no such luck. It is a bit irritating.

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #3,879 of 4,108
Might be worth mentioning that this question re playback delay was asked by @Andykong 1,5 month ago, that several users responded rather promptly (well, not all in the same way, but that was to be expected), and that we still have absolutely no idea about whether this since-the-launch audio delay issue will be fixed at one point for all the users wanting it to be solved :/. Besides, another issue raised since (the recurring Play Store has stopped message); and we neither have any info re a potential fix for this last one.

So on my end, i would clearly not consider this support as much-in-line with the product price range. I also do not forget that if @CayinSupport was almost not present in this specific thread since the start of the year (and forgive me but i don't think customers should have to suffer the lack of people dedicated to support because they also have to work on whatever exhibition), they were however not forgetting to promote the launch of their new N6ii in here. Now sure it's easier to call for fresh new customers than to keep older ones satisfied...

So maybe some users might phrase their anger in a kinda strong way in this thread, but we should also consider that there maybe some good reasons leading to this, lack of decent support definitely being one of them IMHO.

I think its decision time. The short term response to my initial question was mixed, but when the long term response has suggested that the 2 sec delay is a more important issue, in that case, let's pull the plug and go for the bug fix on 2 sec delay and give up the USB Audio Out feature, unfortunately.

For the record, the 2 sec delay is not a since-the-launch issue. it was a bug introduced when we enabled the USB Audio Out, we have traced it all the way back to one of the beta firmware between 2.0cn and 3.0cn (or 2.1en and 3.1en for international firmware), we try to eliminate the bug through all sorts of optimisation of USB Audio coding but we failed, that's why we resort to the last option: either leave the bug alone, or to reverse the USB Audio coding back to the v2.1en status. I'll report this long over-due decision to Cayin and move on to prepare the new firmware. This will still take some time to do that because we need to go through all the public released firmware since Feb 2018, making sure when we reverse the USB Audio coding, it won't affect the codes we have introduced in v3.1en, v3.3en, v3.5en and v3.6en.

Silvia, our previous Cayinsupport had taken a long ( around 7 months) maternity leave, and she resigned when she report duty. We advertised for a replacement immediately and we appointed a replacement recently. He will resume the role of Cayinsupport on 1 August. He probably won't be responsible for N5ii thread immediately, no one can master the content of this thread within a short time, but he'll response to PMs from there on. So if anyone send PM to cayinsupport again, they will be addressed.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 10, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #3,880 of 4,108

Hey, I'm a user of Cayin N5II from Indonesia

I need a coaxial cable for my desktop dac

Cayin CS 30TCR but i not find it in my country

Can you help me to give me a cable type USB C diagram to the RCA coaxcial for cayin n5ii

Thank you very much for help me

God bless

We have explained how we embedded our S/PDIF signal in Type C connector in HERE, we use pin A8 and B8 to carry the digital audio bigstream. We had published a DIY guide to make the cable in the N3 thread. I didn't repeat the post in N5ii thread because we were told that finding the appropriate Type-C connector is very difficult, if you want to give it a try, you can check out the instruction HERE.

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #3,881 of 4,108
My n5iis doesn't even charge anymore... good stuff. It goes to cayin splash screen and never fully powers up. Plugging in wall outlet, battery pack, or via USB on a PC does not charge the device... rip $469

If you have tried to rest the DAP and still couldn't restart the player, maybe you should contact your local Cayin dealer, whey they sell you the player, they are supposed to offer after-sales support and that includes warranty and repair service. If you can't contact your dealer for special reason (e.g., change of dealership in your area), please email service@cayin.cn and present your case (with data of purchase and seller information). :beerchug:

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #3,883 of 4,108
Andy,

Thank you for getting behind fixing the 2 second delay. That would be great.

I do not use the google play feature, but it would make a lot of people happy here based on reading the posts if there was some way to cut down that issue also.

But all things being equal is would be great to have a release that addressed the two second issue even if there is no way to reduce the google play issue on the next release.

I have empathy for those with the usb out issue; but then again that has never really worked satisfactorily. Fortunately, the unit itself sounds great without having to go to external DAC devices.

Jul 21, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #3,884 of 4,108
@Andykong , Is it possible to answer this question please?
Hello,
I was very happy with my N5II, but I just bought a ifi Micro Black Label, and when I plug it into OTG by the USB-C of Cayin, I hear really unpleasant crunches!
When I plug another source on the Black Label everything is fine, it must come from the N5II ...
what to do ? you have an idea ?
thank you in advance
I have the impression that it is related to the problem of USB sound discussed here several times ... but my english is bad, I'm sorry (google translate) Thank you for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back