Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Sep 23, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,956 of 4,108
So I was messing around with the settings, and I found out that High Gain combined with Slow Roll Off Digital Filter really make the sound veiled and warm.
Having Medium Gain and Sharp Roll Off provides a much brighter sound which I personally prefer. If you find the sound too warm maybe try this.

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #2,957 of 4,108
Two questions regarding the N5iiS

1) when connected to a laptop in usb-dac mode.... does the N5iiS charges itself (if the battery is not full) while playing music? Can we prevent the N5iiS from charging itself in usb-dac mode? as the drain on the laptop's battery would be too high (experienced with my Fiio X7)

2) when connected to a NAS drive, does the N5iiS list the songs of one album according to the song number (which is good)... or alphabetically (which is NOT good) (again, I have this issue with the X7)

Thank you

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,958 of 4,108
So I was messing around with the settings, and I found out that High Gain combined with Slow Roll Off Digital Filter really make the sound veiled and warm.
Having Medium Gain and Sharp Roll Off provides a much brighter sound which I personally prefer. If you find the sound too warm maybe try this.
Yes that's a known effect. Sharp roll off will be brighter and slow roll off will be warmer.

Likewise low gain is the warmest and high gain is the brightest relatively speaking.

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #2,959 of 4,108
Yes that's a known effect. Sharp roll off will be brighter and slow roll off will be warmer.

Likewise low gain is the warmest and high gain is the brightest relatively speaking.
I see, I will try high gain with sharp roll off.

Sep 25, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #2,963 of 4,108
Two questions regarding the N5iiS

2) when connected to a NAS drive, does the N5iiS list the songs of one album according to the song number (which is good)... or alphabetically (which is NOT good) (again, I have this issue with the X7)

Thank you

N5iiS lists songs in NAS according to alphabetical order

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 25, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #2,964 of 4,108
@CayinSupport

On the latest firmware I am still seeing the color inversion issue where the screen shows blue and also the blurry album art issue. All previously reported. I am just verifying that they are still present.

Thank you for your kind feedback. This is a known issue and in our optimization list. We will optimize it in subsequent firmware.

Sep 27, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #2,969 of 4,108
Thank you!

Can you also clarify whether the N5iis, in usb-dac mode (connected to a laptop), will charge its battery while playing music? In other words, can we disable the battery-charging in usb-dac mode?

Hi, when you connect the DAP to computer as a DAC. The computer will provide 500mA at maximum to the DAP. Sorry to tell you that we cannot disable the battery-charging function in USB-DAC mode and we don't have a plan to do that currently. We will record your kind feedback for future product. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back