Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Sep 28, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #2,971 of 4,108
Hi there,
is there any possibility to remote the CAYIN N5ii, like you can do it with the N3 ant the Hiby-App?
Regards,
toko

N5ii does not support HiByLink, not in near future.

HibyLink requires dual BT but N5ii only support BT transmission. N3 is benefited by having dual BT because that's the only to enable streaming service, but since you can install app on N5ii directly, we don't see the point to include BT receiving in N5ii. On the other hand, N3 use a small non-touch screen in its Man-Machine interface, with HiByLink we can enhanced the user experience by offering a touch-screen based control via your mobile phone, but since N5ii has a decent sized touch screen already, that makes HiByLink kind of redundant to certain extend.

Of course we can add dual BT into N5ii since its technically straightforward, but that will add up the cost. With the price range that we want to aim at and Cayin's priority to offer products at high price performance, I think the decision make sense.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 29, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #2,973 of 4,108
Does anyone here have experience with sending your player to Cayin for repair, and how long it takes? I had some screen damage so I sent my player back to Andy from Musicteck sho then would send it to Cayin and was wondering if anyone had a time table.

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #2,977 of 4,108
We shall celebrate the Chinese National Day. We will take a short break from 1-7 October and resume working on 8th October 2018. The Headfi forum service is available as usual. For any questions or issues, please leave us message, we will reply to you once the vacation is over. Thank you very much for your understanding and attention!

2018国庆节天坛.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 30, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #2,978 of 4,108
Does anyone here have experience with sending your player to Cayin for repair, and how long it takes? I had some screen damage so I sent my player back to Andy from Musicteck sho then would send it to Cayin and was wondering if anyone had a time table.
Took a month and a half for mine from the day I shipped it to the day I received it.

Battery replacement.

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #2,980 of 4,108
@Andykong @CayinSupport

I plan to use my N5ii as a DAC for my Massdrop Objective 2 Headphone Amp: Desktop Edition (amp without DAC). Do I simply purchase a USB-C to 2 RCA (the amp uses 2 RCA input) and it'll work?

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #2,981 of 4,108
AFAIK, you will need to use the headphone output. USB is a digital output, which will require a D>A conversion prior to the Objective amp.

hth

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #2,982 of 4,108
Is anyone else having periodic issues with both cards being recognised?
I have 2 x 400gb cards loaded with 252gb free on one and 281gb free on the other.
I seem to get it working again by physically taking out and swapping slots - sometimes twice, so funnily enough the cards end upback in the original slots.
Once they are recognised again all is good until I add new files again...

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #2,983 of 4,108
Is anyone else having periodic issues with both cards being recognised?
I have 2 x 400gb cards loaded with 252gb free on one and 281gb free on the other.
I seem to get it working again by physically taking out and swapping slots - sometimes twice, so funnily enough the cards end upback in the original slots.
Once they are recognised again all is good until I add new files again...
Yep I had this when I just got the unit. Every time I switched off the unit and on again it would only recognize one of my two cards (256 Gb). After I switched the cards it is all good and this hasn't happened since. I have also added new songs since. I assumed this was an issue with my particular cards, but since you also have this issue I am wondering if this is FW or 'Unit' related?

Hi Andy,

Have you any idea what this could be?

Thanks,

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #2,984 of 4,108
I have a couple of questions and I apologize if this hasvalready been asked:
- does this player really do perfect gapless with the main music app? My i5 doesn't.

- is it possible to have more than one eq preset saved in the main music app?

I'm considering buying this mainly for the double microd slot, not sure between this and the Pioneer 30r

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #2,985 of 4,108
I have a couple of questions and I apologize if this hasvalready been asked:
- does this player really do perfect gapless with the main music app? My i5 doesn't.

- is it possible to have more than one eq preset saved in the main music app?

I'm considering buying this mainly for the double microd slot, not sure between this and the Pioneer 30r

Yes gapless is excellent. And you can overwrite any of the EQ presets, not just the Custom labeled one, but I think all of them get wipes if you do a factory reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back