Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Apr 8, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #2,116 of 4,108
I have had the blurry album art issue. Only on 1 track I have seen though.
That's the odd thing, only one specific track will have the blurry album art but the rest are fine even though they all use the same image file in the folder.

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #2,117 of 4,108
1st bug since reset. I'm currently at 3.7 cycles (+- 37 hours). The device lagged for a little while then rebooted on its own. This proves that although the firmware is not flawless yet, 1 bug per 37 hours of constant playback is not too bad.

HOWEVER, no freezing during playback yet O.o, no sight of the bug.

I'll keep doing this till I complete 7 cycles.

(I'm a bit disappointed to be honest having come so far XD, I had hoped it would be flawless, got my hopes too high :p )
I just plugged in my microsd card into the PC and it said the sd card may have a problem.

I'm pretty sure it's because there was no safely remove function on the dlna server I plugged the card into (went to an audio store to try out lots of totl headphones)

So now I'm not sure whether the reboot was due to the problem with the sd card or the player itself @.@

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #2,119 of 4,108
Is sample rate conversion bypassed on android with updates by any chance? I checked everywhere but couldn't find any update, only thing holding me of buying one as I use spotify/tidal.
IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN, the HiBy OS bypasses the downsampling by default.

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #2,121 of 4,108
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #2,123 of 4,108
That's the odd thing, only one specific track will have the blurry album art but the rest are fine even though they all use the same image file in the folder.

Actually, I am using embedded art. I have viewed the art on other players and directly with a photo viewer and it is fine. This is on an 8 minute 192/24 file, so the file size is very large and may have something to do with it.

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #2,124 of 4,108
Actually, I am using embedded art. I have viewed the art on other players and directly with a photo viewer and it is fine. This is on an 8 minute 192/24 file, so the file size is very large and may have something to do with it.
I did some extensive testing last time and found no correlation. Even a small ogg file will corrupt. All my sacd iso(dsd 64) files show their album arts just fine.

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #2,127 of 4,108
@Andykong did you receive my PM on the lyrics display issue?

Please post your question here or to the Technical Support thread, I just back from Singapore a few days and is packing for Chicago in 36 hours, I have mentioned here several time that I can't attend to technical inquiry during Feb to May. Sorry about that.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 9, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #2,129 of 4,108
Is sample rate conversion bypassed on android with updates by any chance? I checked everywhere but couldn't find any update, only thing holding me of buying one as I use spotify/tidal.

Yes, but I want to use it with Spotify/Tidal and you can't use them with Hiby OS, right?

Not a chance.

As far as I know, the only DAP that can bypass SRC to all third party application is HiBy R6, that is an ice-breaking feature in DAP. N5ii will not be able to incorporate this new features into our future firmware plan because of MCU and Android version limitation.

Last edited:

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #2,130 of 4,108
1st bug since reset. I'm currently at 3.7 cycles (+- 37 hours). The device lagged for a little while then rebooted on its own. This proves that although the firmware is not flawless yet, 1 bug per 37 hours of constant playback is not too bad.

HOWEVER, no freezing during playback yet O.o, no sight of the bug.

I'll keep doing this till I complete 7 cycles.

(I'm a bit disappointed to be honest having come so far XD, I had hoped it would be flawless, got my hopes too high :p )

I just plugged in my microsd card into the PC and it said the sd card may have a problem.

I'm pretty sure it's because there was no safely remove function on the dlna server I plugged the card into (went to an audio store to try out lots of totl headphones)

So now I'm not sure whether the reboot was due to the problem with the sd card or the player itself @.@

Let's for the sake of discussion assume this instance has nothing to do with the SD card. If we assume this is a valid figure, this is roughly benchmark at one reboot in 40 hours of usage. I hope N5ii users understand that some of the bugs can escape from our R&D team and QA process. To be honest, 1 reboot in 40 hours probably is probably consider acceptable to lot of Android mobile phone.

Reboot is actually a more frequently happened issue then the random pause bug with Android device, especially back in the 5.1 ear. I am still looking forward to see if the random pause bug can absent for 7 cycles as you targeted for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back